Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadre (View Post)

That being said; I think that part of the story would always have been a little side line. In S4 we would have seen Ces and Lu dealing with Alf`s death, we would have seen Lu pulling away a bit, a lot of the Prince knocking down castles, and dellaRovere spinning his web. And then sadly, Rod and Ces dying. I`m not sure how I would get over the latter.
Are you kidding? I have a hard time READING past Cesare getting sick (and I know the outcome), much less watching Francois acting it out. I would just dissolve into a pool of bitter, desperate tears....

"The article where some tidbits of the SE4 script were revealed referred to "a salacious and morally questionable scene between his character and Caterina" - these were the exact words, so it does show that either a brutal rape or a brutal beating scene would occur. I am inclined to believe it's the former because I don't see Cesare taking a brutal beating to a woman. or maybe he will let his soldiers rape her? Hmm, I don't know."

Yeah, me either. I don't know that "a salacious and morally questionable scene" necessarily translates to a brutal rape, but I guess it's possible. I'm also thinking about Jordan's comment about their quasi-sexual relationship on the way back to Rome, so I'm not sure that his wording leads me to believe that it would have been as cut and dried as "a brutal rape."

Here lies in a little earth he who everyone feared, he who held peace and war in his hand.

Last edited by il valentino; 07-22-2013 at 09:17 AM
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by il valentino (View Post)
Are you kidding? I have a hard time READING past Cesare getting sick (and I know the outcome), much less watching Francois acting it out. I would just dissolve into a pool of bitter, desperate tears....

"The article where some tidbits of the SE4 script were revealed referred to "a salacious and morally questionable scene between his character and Caterina" - these were the exact words, so it does show that either a brutal rape or a brutal beating scene would occur. I am inclined to believe it's the former because I don't see Cesare taking a brutal beating to a woman. or maybe he will let his soldiers rape her? Hmm, I don't know."

Yeah, me either. I don't know that "a salacious and morally questionable scene" necessarily translates to a brutal rape, but I guess it's possible. I'm also thinking about Jordan's comment about their quasi-sexual relationship on the way back to Rome, so I'm not sure that his wording leads me to believe that it would have been as cut and dried as "a brutal rape."
A quasi-sexual relationship on the way to Rome was not present in the show. It was probably cut, so NJ did not want to accentuate C/C scenes and went for further romanticizing of C/L line and the way he ended the series with them together leads me to believe that season 4 would have a lot of C/L scenes... "One morally questionable or salacious scene with Caterina" does not necessarily translate into a brutal rape scene but it does translate into something degrading. So what Cesare would do to her - rape her himself or let others rape her or something else - is left in the air and to our imagination)) I still have a hard time believing shwotime cancelled the show!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliece (View Post)
A quasi-sexual relationship on the way to Rome was not present in the show. It was probably cut, so NJ did not want to accentuate C/C scenes and went for further romanticizing of C/L line and the way he ended the series with them together leads me to believe that season 4 would have a lot of C/L scenes... "One morally questionable or salacious scene with Caterina" does not necessarily translate into a brutal rape scene but it does translate into something degrading. So what Cesare would do to her - rape her himself or let others rape her or something else - is left in the air and to our imagination)) I still have a hard time believing shwotime cancelled the show!!!
Sorry to be unclear. I was attempting to take what the writer said as an indication of how he thinks about the Cesare/Caterina relationship and then trying to make a stab at what he might do with that relationship in the future, so yes, I do realize that this was not present in the show. Still not sure about what I think another scene with the two of them would look like though...

Also not convinced there would be lots of C/L scenes, some I think, but I feel Jordan would have carried through with the idea that they are doomed once they have crossed the Rubicon.

Here lies in a little earth he who everyone feared, he who held peace and war in his hand.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Sorry to be unclear. I was attempting to take what the writer said as an indication of how he thinks about the Cesare/Caterina relationship and then trying to make a stab at what he might do with that relationship in the future, so yes, I do realize that this was not present in the show. Still not sure about what I think another scene with the two of them would look like though...

Also not convinced there would be lots of C/L scenes, some I think, but I feel Jordan would have carried through with the idea that they are doomed once they have crossed the Rubicon.
Jordan never wanted to take C/L route in the first place. Throughout SE1/2 he talked about that and then in SE3 he changed his mind and went for it so...crossing the Rubicon changed the nature of their relationship but not the closeness and love they felt for each other. As for being doomed, of course, they would be doomed 'cause they were siblings...C/L scenes would be unavoidable in SE4, if he were to make it. Of course, their scenes would have a proportional running time to Cesare's Scenes as the great Prince but they would be an essential part of the season...
Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

I think we would have got CL scenes mostly in the beginning of the season but plenty of angst and then when she had to marry again. Then again, I am not quite sure how they would have played it with Lucrezia.. cause she was going to the dark side and then pulling back from it, it was like that all season. I would have loved to see Lucrezia sleeping with ... I can't remember the guy's name.. the one who's wife went nuts and killed herself.. just because that would have been totally awkward, and she would have done it not for pleasure (I mean, he's not her type in this show) but to gain something. Femme fatale at the fullest, man! Guy always wrote them in a very "epic" and romantic way.. so it would have probably stayed the same for him but Jordan would have probably written them more sinful and dark... another thing I would have liked to see.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Yes, let`s not forget that during the show they took some freedom with the time line of events. I don`t think NJ would pass up something this juicy completely; he would just try to find place for it that suits the story. About Ces raping Cat; from their first encounter he knows that she enjoys being put down. Considering the way he treated her after her capture, a brutal rape, let alone a gang rape, does not fit the picture, and if you think of it, every single one of their encounters has been salacious; even the one at Lu`s wedding was full of double entendre. Cat always wanted Ces, and he knows it.

About Ces/Lu being doomed; I think the only thing really dooming them is their guilt, if they could move beyond that they could live happily ever after, at least until dellaRovere kills Rod, and sets the Borgia downfall in motion.

Natalie, with sideline I was referring to Ces/Cat, not Ces/Lu.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

And that last clip in The Prince didn't say doomed to me... I mean they would have probably crashed and burnt in S4 but later in that season.. or movie whatever it was written.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I think we would have got CL scenes mostly in the beginning of the season but plenty of angst and then when she had to marry again. Then again, I am not quite sure how they would have played it with Lucrezia.. cause she was going to the dark side and then pulling back from it, it was like that all season. I would have loved to see Lucrezia sleeping with ... I can't remember the guy's name.. the one who's wife went nuts and killed herself.. just because that would have been totally awkward, and she would have done it not for pleasure (I mean, he's not her type in this show) but to gain something. Femme fatale at the fullest, man! Guy always wrote them in a very "epic" and romantic way.. so it would have probably stayed the same for him but Jordan would have probably written them more sinful and dark... another thing I would have liked to see.
Guy and Jordan kept a perfect balance between Epic and romantic and sinful and dark, didn't they? And they would have maintained it till the very end. There are some historical facts about C/L like Cesare stopping his military campaign to go and stay with sick Lucrezia, etc, and they would absolutely use those facts in the show. The angst-y part would probably take place in the first episodes of SE4 but afterwards, they would be together in every sense - Jordan's dark and sinful siblings in Guy's romantic and epic love - together...
Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You mean Gonzaga. Interestingly, some have surmised that the reason that Lucrezia slept with him was to get some sort of help for Cesare. He was an extrememely interesting character...was full on with just about everything...boys, girls, farm animals....I think I read that the reason she stopped the relationship with him is that he contracted syphillis, but who knows.

and Kathrin "About Ces/Lu being doomed; I think the only thing really dooming them is their guilt, if they could move beyond that they could live happily ever after, at least until dellaRovere kills Rod, and sets the Borgia downfall in motion."

Yes definitely theire own guilt, but I think societal norms as well.

and May "And that last clip in The Prince didn't say doomed to me... I mean they would have probably crashed and burnt in S4 but later in that season.. or movie whatever it was written."

True enough. I'm not saying they wouldn't have been together, but there will always be other pressures involved, which I think would have begun to take over in S4. Cesare really hasn't reached his zenith yet, so we haven't seen the full breadth of his ambition.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
and Kathrin "About Ces/Lu being doomed; I think the only thing really dooming them is their guilt, if they could move beyond that they could live happily ever after, at least until dellaRovere kills Rod, and sets the Borgia downfall in motion."

Yes definitely theire own guilt, but I think societal norms as well.
I should have said they could have secretly lived happily ever after.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Guy and Jordan kept a perfect balance between Epic and romantic and sinful and dark, didn't they? And they would have maintained it till the very end. There are some historical facts about C/L like Cesare stopping his military campaign to go and stay with sick Lucrezia, etc, and they would absolutely use those facts in the show. The angst-y part would probably take place in the first episodes of SE4 but afterwards, they would be together in every sense - Jordan's dark and sinful siblings in Guy's romantic and epic love - together...
I would have KILLED to see that in the show. God damn it. I freaking cried when I read story
Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I would have KILLED to see that in the show. God damn it. I freaking cried when I read story
And the letter where he signs -" Your brother who loves you more than himself?"
Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Can I say that I share your opinion here, May?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And the letter where he signs -" Your brother who loves you more than himself?"
Yeap, and he loved himself quite a lot in real life, it seems
Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD
I think C/L did great during all seasons and in a way it helped that The Borgias didn't last 10 seasons like some shows do, because it just wouldn't have been the same. Even with the great writing from Neil and Guy, I don't think it would have been possible to keep this relationship as cleverly written as it was with the 3 seasons we had. So well written that I don't think anyone who appreciates the show even with it being very inaccurate, could hate it. I know some people get grossed out with the fact that is incest, tho fictional still incest. But I don't think there's any doubt of how much love there is... and with everyone thinking differently about them as individuals, I think most of us can still agree that the relationship was even tho "sinful" one of the nicest things we've ever seen on TV.
Agree totally May

Quote:
I think this is certainly true, but I would go a bit further. Cesare and Caterina have a connection that I think goes beyond him punishing her. They are very much cut from the same cloth and have a certain psychosexual thing going (Jordan commented on it in an interview). His physical relationship with her feeds a more primal instinct in him (domination, power, etc)
Quote:
For me there was no connection between him and Caterina apart from his desire to punish "the legend" and dominate her in every way, including sexually.
He is definitely complex. His relationship with Lu is burdened with guilt, and

Quote:
'some things are better left unsaid', whereas with Caterina he knows that she can take all he can dish out. There are no complicated feelings to take into consideration, which is liberating in a way.

Kim Natalie AND Kathryn you Nailed it! I beklieve that his feelings, and relationship with Lu have NOTHING to do with his feelings and relationship with Caterina.

Lu is his ETERNAL love, HIS CHINK IN ARMOUR, HIS WEAKNESS. A man so ambitious, so POWERFULL as Cesare, maybe, at some point, subconciously in his heart, hold a "grudge" on her, BECAUSE HE LOVES HER SO MUCH, and thus his is "weak" in what has to do with her.

For Caterina he has NO FEELINGS ( i mean tender ones) so, he feels powerfull, and invinsible when he meets with her to "cross their blades", no weakness there from his part, nor hers. 2 powerfull opponents, focusing only to VICTORY.
As far as he concerns, Caterina is his...let's say "harlot' his one night stand. Just sex, nothing else. Furthermore, Sex between them is a GAME OF DOMINANCE AND POWER. Caterina, is his counterpart in hunger to RULE.

If she was a man, He hould love to fence her, she would be a most worthy opponent, a opponent he hates, but ALSO RESPECTS, bec she has qualities that Ces has too. Malice, leadership, ruthlessness, hunger for war.

But she isn't a aman, she is a woman, so instead of engage in a duel with her...he is having sex to degrade her, to insult her, to subjugate her.

Having sex with her, is for Ces, a different kind of war, of battle, i think.

It is a chess game, and Ces will use all his weapon to destroy her, including animal sex. Nothing to do with his feelings, or his inner self. That is RESERVED for Lu.

So, even if he has some sex with Cat, in S4, i don't mind, it would effect his relationship with Lu i believe. Although i am not certai, how LU WILL TAKE THIS!

Also, i am on the ones that i am almost certain, that this ambigous scene, although sexual, will not be a RAPE in no case. Ces, as we know, has a 'code of honour'. He will never treat her or any woman, like an animal. If this was the case, he probably decline in my eyes as a man, and character. No, Ces i know, RESPECTS Caterina, as i said, as an opponent, and furthermore i don't believe that he is cable of treating any woman like that. Juan YES, BUT NOT CESARE.

Furthermore, wheres the CREDIT ON THAT?? This is TOO EASY, NO SUTISFACTION. Cesare wants sattisfaction in victory he want a truth clear victory, as he is a true leader, a true warrior. No need to do "filthy" treaks. He is TO PROUD TO DO THAT. HE WILL TRY TO 'Kneel" Caterina, to HUMILATE HER.

And there is no better way to do that, than "lure" her, MAKE HER BEG HIM for sex, although he is her enemie, killed her son, and took her prisoner. If he make her A clay in his hand, beg him for this...THEN THIS IS A WORTHY, TOTAL VICTORY FOR HIM.

As for Lu..i don't think she will drow apart from him. The moment she let him claim her, as "HIS', She accepted her Fate.SHE LET HIM MARKED HER, IRREVOCABLY.
Cesare's mate. No room for guilts for Alf. Alf is gone, and she is now a BORGIA, A PROFESSIONAL. Lu in S4, will embrace fullly her dark side, as A Borgia, and i believe that she will belongs fully to Cesare, as his matein body and soul. NO ROOM FOR REGRETS THERE ANYMORE. CURSED TO BE TOGETHER.

Last edited by Fay the Greek; 07-23-2013 at 01:15 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread