Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2018, 01:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

True on the show, but false IRL

IRL Lucrezia was the only woman Cesare ever loved.

True or False?
Old 06-16-2018, 01:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry for the double post ugh! I was trying to respond to your post Alex, and just say you're welcome for my answer on Alfonso's murder.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True. He was married to Charlotte d'Albret, but they didn't spend too much time together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
Sorry for the double post ugh! I was trying to respond to your post Alex, and just say you're welcome for my answer on Alfonso's murder.
It's okay, Lila. Just make sure that if you want to add anything, like thanking me, just edit your original post and add it in there. No need to post again. Like I said, we all took time getting used to Fan Forum.

Prospero Colonna was set on fire by Cesare Borgia in real life.

True or False?
Old 06-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

False.

Cesare was a brilliant millitary leader.

True or False?
Old 06-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True.

Alfonso of Aragon tried to have Cesare killed.

True or False?
Old 06-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

True. He suspected Cesare of being behind his assault, but also he & Cesare were very jealous of each other over their affections for Lucrezia. Alfonso thought Cesare wanted to break them up, and he was right.

IRL Cesare's murder of Alfonso devastated Lucrezia and she refused to see him for the entire year she was in mourning.

Thanks for the posting advice, Alex! And it's true, Cesare told many people his sister was the only woman he had ever loved. It's easy to see why people thought they were incestuous.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
True. He suspected Cesare of being behind his assault, but also he & Cesare were very jealous of each other over their affections for Lucrezia. Alfonso thought Cesare wanted to break them up, and he was right.

IRL Cesare's murder of Alfonso devastated Lucrezia and she refused to see him for the entire year she was in mourning.

Thanks for the posting advice, Alex! And it's true, Cesare told many people his sister was the only woman he had ever loved. It's easy to see why people thought they were incestuous.
That was true. Alfonso's murder hit Lucrezia deeply.

You're welcome, Lila! Oh, and also remember to put a "True or False?" under the statement you post.

Cesare was buried in Rome.

True or False?
Old 06-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

False.

Gian Paolo Baglioni was incestuous with his sister.

True or False?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That was true. Alfonso's murder hit Lucrezia deeply.
No, it was false! Lucrezia knew Cesare ordered Alfonso's murder, but the day after the burial, he was alone with her at her house; which incidentally adjoined his apartments in Rome. A month later on his way north for his second campaign, he visited her in Nepi. She mourned Alfonso publicly and seemed angry with her father and brother, but didn't even observe the required 1 year mourning period. Her relationship with Cesare wasn't affected. They remained extremely close, in fact, they were seen dancing together laughing and looking at each other lovingly.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mhmmmm, false?

Lucrezia was a truthful wife?

True or False?
Old 06-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Truthful, meaning faithful? False. She had affairs.

Quote:
No, it was false! Lucrezia knew Cesare ordered Alfonso's murder, but the day after the burial, he was alone with her at her house; which incidentally adjoined his apartments in Rome. A month later on his way north for his second campaign, he visited her in Nepi. She mourned Alfonso publicly and seemed angry with her father and brother, but didn't even observe the required 1 year mourning period. Her relationship with Cesare wasn't affected. They remained extremely close, in fact, they were seen dancing together laughing and looking at each other lovingly.
OMG, really? I'm sorry, Lila, I had heard she mourned Alfonso's death. I guess that was just publicly then? Damn, she didn't observe the 1 year period, so I got that wrong. Sorry.

Cesare sought an alliance with Giuliano della Rovere after Rodrigo's death.

True or False?
Old 06-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

True. Della Rovere agreed and then double crossed Cesare.

Ascanio & Ludavico Sforza were actually brothers not cousins as portrayed on the show.

True or False?

It's true that Gian Paolo Baglioni was incestuous with his sister! He was known to meet with ambassadors while in bed with her They were noble born, so their incest didn't cause a scandal. The Borgias weren't noble and were despised, so the rules were different for them.

Yeah Alex, why would Cesare hurt Lu, the only woman he ever loved by killing her beloved husband? Why would she mourn Alf publicly, but continue to passionately love Cesare and spend time alone with him? Sure ok no incest, right...
Old 06-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True. They were both sons of Francesco Sforza, the Duke of Milan.

Quote:
Yeah Alex, why would Cesare hurt Lu, the only woman he ever loved by killing her beloved husband? Why would she mourn Alf publicly, but continue to passionately love Cesare and spend time alone with him? Sure ok no incest, right...

Gotcha, Lila. Good point.

Giulia Farnese and Lucrezia Borgia were close friends in real life.

True or False?
Old 06-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

True.

Catarina Sfora was more cruel than Cesare Borgia - she tortured and executed entire families including small children.

True or False?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True. She wasn't very diplomatic.

Giulia Farnese had a child by Rodrigo Borgia.

True or False?
Old 06-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

False.

Lucrezia was a loving mother.

True or False?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread