Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Borgias Season 3 General Discussion #3

credit: May

I've decided to open The Borgias Season 3 General Discussion thread, because we have first pictures from BTS Season 3 of The Borgias. Plus, I saw a nice little gifset in which Holliday Grainger's been asked about the new season.

“What can fans expect from that? Cause people are following it very hotly aren’t they?”

Source: http://****yeahcesarelucrezia.tumblr.com/

*** STILLS & FILMS HUNGARY *** Behind the scenes shoot at The Borgias 3rd season at Korda Studios in Hungary - The Borgias Season 3 BTS pics. Nothing spoilery.

The Borgias Season 3 Promo 1
The Borgias Season 3 Promo 2
The Borgias Season 3 Promo 3

Previous Threads: #1 #2

Season 3 we are waiting for you!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm really curious why Della Rovere is back in Rome wearing his cardinal's robes and chumming around with Cardinal Sforza. Is there a chance they might fake Rodrigo's death to get him and other conspirators to come out of the woodwork?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

He has to be in Rome historically wise.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Yes and didn't Sforza double cross Rodrigo?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello, Seriu! Hello, Christine!

Della Rovere actually became Pope after Rodrigo's death(and he was kind of corrupt himself) so we know that nothing's gonna happen to him. And the Sforza's did double-cross Rodrigo by not giving him their promised aid when King Charles invaded Italy, which is the reason Rodrigo married Lucrezia off to Giovanni in the first place.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hello, Seriu! Hello, Christine!

Della Rovere actually became Pope after Rodrigo's death(and he was kind of corrupt himself) so we know that nothing's gonna happen to him. And the Sforza's did double-cross Rodrigo by not giving him their promised aid when King Charles invaded Italy, which is the reason Rodrigo married Lucrezia off to Giovanni in the first place.
I know he did then but I thought later he really really double crossed him, and formed some alliance with DR. And the warrior pope was very corrupt but he had great taste in art. Michelangelo!
It apears as well that Rodrigo sort of forgives Cesare from the hand grasp thing when he is in bed. Or maybe he's thanking him for saving him.

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 02-25-2013 at 01:55 PM
Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time she's emotionally involved he's asking her does she loves the guy. If now he sees her actually getting to love Alfonso... I don't know hoe he'd react.
Yeah but didn't she love Paolo ? (Although technically in season 1 he was obviously a distraction)

I don't know how much Rodrigo will forgive Cesare given that he killed his favorite boy. However Rodrigo has to realize that all he has left now to protect the family is Cesare (and Joffre technically who is MIA) so I think they have to come to terms at some point.

Cardinal Sforza may form and alliance with Della Rovere, given the fact that Cesare kinda murdered his kin.

Last edited by NYPoster; 02-25-2013 at 05:42 PM
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry, me and Arinna were busy role playing on our twitter RP accounts. Twitter RP is kind of a popular thing these days.

Wow, you know your papal history, Christine. I admit I'm not quite as knowledgeable on the Renaissance as I wish I was, but I do know that Della Rovere at one point even got Cesare to back him after Rodrigo died.

Good point, Renae. Where the hell is Joffre? Although I know where I'd be if I was married to Emmanuelle Chriqui.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey503 (View Post)
It apears as well that Rodrigo sort of forgives Cesare from the hand grasp thing when he is in bed. Or maybe he's thanking him for saving him.
I think Rodrigo was about to forgive him in the finale last season, so it's reasonable to think he still forgives him.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry, me and Arinna were busy role playing on our twitter RP accounts. Twitter RP is kind of a popular thing these days.

Wow, you know your papal history, Christine. I admit I'm not quite as knowledgeable on the Renaissance as I wish I was, but I do know that Della Rovere at one point even got Cesare to back him after Rodrigo died.

Good point, Renae. Where the hell is Joffre? Although I know where I'd be if I was married to Emmanuelle Chriqui.
Well thank-you Alex, I love the art of Michelangelo and food history so from that I can draw some conclusions. I wish I knew more.
I also was busy- looking at stuff on the wiki site. Some interesting conclusions about the promo there.
We'll send Emmanuelle right over for you.
And yes DR was a sneaky guy. I think he was responsible for all the bad rep that the Borgia family has endured, cause history is written by the victors. Not that they were saints by any means.

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 02-25-2013 at 04:06 PM
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Christine. And I think Emmanuelle is taken.

And did you know that people on The Borgias Wiki lurk here for info as well?

And I have to leave again. I work tonight and won't have a night off until later in the week. But I'll see you all tomorrow!

See you, Renae! Seriu! Christine!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Is it weird that I lost interest after last night's promo? if I could get a Vanozza/Caterina promo I'm on, but I think I'm just going to quit trying to guess and all that and just wait until we get the season.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're welcome, Christine. And I think Emmanuelle is taken.

And did you know that people on The Borgias Wiki lurk here for info as well?

And I have to leave again. I work tonight and won't have a night off until later in the week. But I'll see you all tomorrow!

See you, Renae! Seriu! Christine!
I did I've seen the brillant May there but I'm not sure who else is there.
And we could send Micheletto after Emmanuelle's significant other.
Ah speaking of the brillant May here she is. Don't lose hope it will be soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm down because Black Mirror ended and tomorrow is the first day without Utopia.. I can't even try to cheer up

I really want to edit gifs of Vanozza and Caterina but the quality of the vid is kinda ****ty.. I'll give it a try tho!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I'm down because Black Mirror ended and tomorrow is the first day without Utopia.. I can't even try to cheer up

I really want to edit gifs of Vanozza and Caterina but the quality of the vid is kinda ****ty.. I'll give it a try tho!
Well you're brilliant so I'm sure you'll succeed By the way one of the reasons I joined this discussion is to tell you I can't wait to see the vid you and miss areaga(sp) were thinking of working on together.
I'm out- have a beautiful evening all.

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 02-25-2013 at 05:01 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread