Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Borgias News & Appearances #13: A better script would be nice!

The Borgias News & Appearances #13: A better script would be nice!

Source: Your fangirl is showing.,

Old thread: {4}
{5}{6}{7}{10}{11}{12}
Old 08-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Alex

For those who belong to Goodreads you can go and comment on the said script here.

The Borgia Apocalypse: The Screenplay by Neil Jordan - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

I won't be bringing one more shred of news to this site ever ever again since I am not allowed to have an opinion here I figure you're not going to benefit from my news finding skills. Nope you can rely on Natalie since I know she is awesome at bringing news.

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 11-17-2013 at 12:06 AM
Old 08-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Christine.

Thanks for the link, btw. I haven't read the script, but the link you posted shows that the reviews for it aren't very good. Only 2 stars so far. So I guess not many other fans like it either.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 11-17-2013 at 12:03 AM
Old 08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good point. But what I've heard about the script seems such a departure from what was established about the characters...... well, let's just say that as much as I disliked the BBC version of The Borgias, their ending was actually better than the one Neil Jordan envisioned.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Few scenes may change, but not the plot. And honestly, I don't like that plot. It doesn't look like The Borgias plot at all. Now when I'm think of, it reminds me more of Los Borgias script than Borgia even.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Few scenes may change, but not the plot. And honestly, I don't like that plot. It doesn't look like The Borgias plot at all. Now when I'm think of, it reminds me more of Los Borgias script than Borgia even.
The main line, which is the the pope's horrible death without a confession at the hands of his own daughter and Cesare's ultimate demise and lapse into a pitiful creature counting his last minutes, and C/L turn into something unrecognizable and a total character deviation from the show's C/L, will not change!!! and frankly, like you, I don't care about a few changes, so thanks but no thanks...
Old 08-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Although, as always, respect totally rest people's opinion, i don't agree.

You give up the fight too easily girls. THIS IS TOO OBVIOUS. I don't buy it, not so fast, not so easily.

So...the script is so bad, but it is written from THE SAME man, that gave us this WONDERFUL STORY, WE ALL FELL IN LOVE WITH, AND WE FIGHT SO HARD TO SAVE IT.

And with a simple move, he destroys it all. With a SIMPLE MOVE Nevins beats us, and we give up....mmm...TOO EASY. Then WHY Nevins didn't do that from the begining? Why now, months later?? Why now, that we are ONE STEP CLOSER WITH SMAGO?

WHY DOES NJ HIMSELF ALSO CHOOSE TO PUBLICE IT NOW?? Why show it to all of us, so no suspence to see it??

Is he a fool? Is he SUDDEENTLY BECAME UNTALENTED??

TOO MANY VOUGUE, UNANSWERED QUESTIONS FOR ME. I have been in this Campaign, since DAY 1. I worked very hard for this. I will not abandon my effort, bec "THINGS APPEAR TO BE BAD".

Most things in life, ARE NOT what they appear in the first place. I see this script as a "counterplot" to avert us, as i said.

Everyone is free to keep the fight, or not. I respect totally your choice.

BuT my choice, and the most of us in both groups, is to resolve the mistery. I wanna answers, REAL answers, on this "game". I will not back off now. Not now, that FINALLY Nevins took a step back, and try to APPIASE AND CONCILIATE US.

There's a reason on this. A reason on WHY NJ decide to give us THIS script, RIGHT NOW.

I have many thoughts..But none of them is "leave it, back off of the effort to get A S4.

You don't know, if ST will give us the movie and that;s it. How can be so sure?? This is the SAME CHANELL, THA SAME MAN, THAT SAID NO BEC IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE. Also, as i said, we could do some suggestions all together, nothing is final, He had his mind A SEASON, AND HE HAD TO JUMP TO THE END. He made a logical jump here. Something is NOT fiting!!!

You know something? If you ask me...the LEAST possible is to give us this movie. NJ SHOWED US ALL HIS HIDDEN CARDS!!!

WHY?? DOES THIS SOUND LOGICAL TO ALL OF YOU GIRLS??
Not in my ears!!! Something is happening.

And i will keep fighting for A S4, NOT JUST THE MOVIE, TO FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HIDDING FROM US.

If we keep the fight, then, in the end of the road, some answers, and maybe something better awaits us. If we give up trying...failure is the only certain thing.

For all the above, i will keep fighting now, more determint than ever.

If some of you choose not too...It's ok. We will.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Although, as always, respect totally rest people's opinion, i don't agree.

You give up the fight too easily girls. THIS IS TOO OBVIOUS. I don't buy it, not so fast, not so easily.

So...the script is so bad, but it is written from THE SAME man, that gave us this WONDERFUL STORY, WE ALL FELL IN LOVE WITH, AND WE FIGHT SO HARD TO SAVE IT.

And with a simple move, he destroys it all. With a SIMPLE MOVE Nevins beats us, and we give up....mmm...TOO EASY. Then WHY Nevins didn't do that from the begining? Why now, months later?? Why now, that we are ONE STEP CLOSER WITH SMAGO?

WHY DOES NJ HIMSELF ALSO CHOOSE TO PUBLICE IT NOW?? Why show it to all of us, so no suspence to see it??

Is he a fool? Is he SUDDEENTLY BECAME UNTALENTED??

TOO MANY VOUGUE, UNANSWERED QUESTIONS FOR ME. I have been in this Campaign, since DAY 1. I worked very hard for this. I will not abandon my effort, bec "THINGS APPEAR TO BE BAD".

Most things in life, ARE NOT what they appear in the first place. I see this script as a "counterplot" to avert us, as i said.

Everyone is free to keep the fight, or not. I respect totally your choice.

BuT my choice, and the most of us in both groups, is to resolve the mistery. I wanna answers, REAL answers, on this "game". I will not back off now. Not now, that FINALLY Nevins took a step back, and try to APPIASE AND CONCILIATE US.

There's a reason on this. A reason on WHY NJ decide to give us THIS script, RIGHT NOW.

I have many thoughts..But none of them is "leave it, back off of the effort to get A S4.

You don't know, if ST will give us the movie and that;s it. How can be so sure?? This is the SAME CHANELL, THA SAME MAN, THAT SAID NO BEC IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE. Also, as i said, we could do some suggestions all together, nothing is final, He had his mind A SEASON, AND HE HAD TO JUMP TO THE END. He made a logical jump here. Something is NOT fiting!!!

You know something? If you ask me...the LEAST possible is to give us this movie. NJ SHOWED US ALL HIS HIDDEN CARDS!!!

WHY?? DOES THIS SOUND LOGICAL TO ALL OF YOU GIRLS??
Not in my ears!!! Something is happening.

And i will keep fighting for A S4, NOT JUST THE MOVIE, TO FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HIDDING FROM US.

If we keep the fight, then, in the end of the road, some answers, and maybe something better awaits us. If we give up trying...failure is the only certain thing.

For all the above, i will keep fighting now, more determint than ever.

If some of you choose not too...It's ok. We will.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey503 (View Post)
I haven't read it either Alex but after just reading the Script for the Series opener, The Poisoned Chalice (ep 1 S1 )
Where can I find the ep 1 script Christine ?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 11-17-2013 at 12:03 AM
Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Christine, I think there's a big difference from a pilot script tho.. pilot scripts are always changed, actually sometimes they even film a pilot and then when it's picked it changes and they re-film it. Bad comparison, but it even happened with Buffy.. they filmed the pilot with different scenes, even another actress that played Willow and I guess once the network checked it out asked the Joss and writers to change a couple things so it was modified and re-filmed as the first episode we know of the show.

Last episode again, could have been modified by the network but not entirely, because the network is not looking for ratings anymore. How much audience can they get for just 2 last hours of a show that doesn't have great ratings to begin with? I don't think they'll care enough to ask Neil to re-write it. I just think that in case this is actually filmed, they'd edit stuff, remove scenes and maybe add one or two things that were not included in the script. This is usually what happens with every other script of a show that is not the pilot.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with Fay on this one. What we've seen is an initial draft and not the completed script. We don't know what the finished product would be, or if this script isn't just something concocted to kill the SaveTheBorgias campaign. You think it's a coincidence that this script was released once our campaign started gaining momentum and attracting worldwide media attention? Especially now that Time Warner is blacking out Showtime and CBS? Let's not allow Nevins, Showtime, and whoever else is responsible to try and dissuade us or take our eyes off the prize, which is to get a proper finale to the series.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

Last edited by cheekymonkey503; 11-17-2013 at 12:02 AM
Old 08-16-2013, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link, Christine.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread