Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Borgias News & Appearances #10: Our fingers are crossed for Season Four!

Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Alex!

So yeah, anyone else wants to get drunk?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Alex, I think,
After reading the news in the old one not sure.

Everyone I think now May.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, let's not give up until we hear something from Showtime and not that stick in the mud, Neil Jordan. He's Irish......they're always like this.

I can't get drunk. I have a job fair to go to tonight. But I'll be back here tomorrow. See you all tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

blame it on the Irish now...
Old 05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Night Alex and you are right but it is bad when this is the first news one reads today. I hope this means Showtime wants a full season and not a movie.

The Spanish or the Irish we have to blame it on someone damn NJ.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Screw full season. I'll do with a short season. I'll do with ANYTHING. I just need SOMETHING.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
So yeah, anyone else wants to get drunk?
Wouldn't mix too well with all the painkillers I've taken.

I still think that they merely said no to a movie because they did a cost-benefit-analysis and realised a movie would be more expensive in comparison to a (shortened) season. Remember how NJ came up one episode short in season 1 because he blew all the money in nine episodes? He probably gave them a number for the movie that they realised would get them six episodes if they were talking about a series. Ultimately I think he isn't interested in the project anymore. So either he has everyone at SHO believing he's the only one who can do it and then it's really cancelled or they do give in to the movie demand; or it's like you said on tumblr, they have faith that somebody else can take over for sesaon 4 – maybe even with NJ's approval/promotion if he is not the petty type.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

It's only "not enough material" if they end with Rodrigo's death. Get Guy to write the rest.

Anyways...this changes nothing, everything is exactly the same as it was before. Waiting for an announcement.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Even if he wants to end this way there is still plenty to do, places to go, people to murder...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Agreed. I think this is business and NJ wants to make a Borgia movie. That's what he asked for and SHO said no. I think it's just as plain as that. Yet, there was no talk about cancellation and hasn't been, so until we hear word of that then I'm in the camp that thinks we will get our fourth season.

Again, my biggest concern is NJ saying he doesn't think he has enough material for a full season. That's scary because even some of the bad episodes are pretty good. Did his story fall apart on him? Did he box himself into corner and now feels there's not enough to be told for 10 episodes? That has me more concerned because that may mean he's just run out of gas.

Hopefully if SHO pushes for a fourth season then someone else will take over so NJ can focus his attentions elsewhere. I'm not familiar with the staff, but look at all the changes on The Walking Dead. They have showrunners going left and right, but the SHOW goes on. So that's what I'm hoping.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Frankly, there is enough material for a fourth season even if he kept close to historical events for once. I think he only said that because he wants out. It always seemed to me like he planned one season and that he executed very well and after that everything fell apart plot-wise. Sesaon 3 has salvaged some things but well. I am also very much 'srsly?' about the whole "not enough material" nonsense because: You already knows how it ends – there are facts. So you have a starting and an end point and what you do in between you could at least sketch out in advance very roughly before you flesh things out and then you see how many episodes you need. I honestly think he just doesn't care about the project anymore and wants to move on. I find that very frustrating because there are so many showrunners out there whose shows get cancelled (some rightfully because they were horrible, but also some that were fantastic) who would love a chance to finish their project. So I hope they approve the fourth season and hire somebody who actually wants a job.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

You are speaking absolute truth! But, I hope he still cares about the project. That "not enough material" line is kind of suspect though because there is a lot more that could be told.

If he is tired then he could step away, but still keep his name attached. I have read that producing and directing series is hard for some directors because it's challenging in a different way then one big movie. Maybe that's the issue. He's just tired of it, but is he willing to pass it on.... Again, he's been trying to get his Borgia movie made for a while, so he might not be willing to do so.

Ugh...I hate this. I wish they would just call it already.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Extreme Fan

It could be Showtime refused a movie because they can MAKE MORE MONEY by making a full season. Not due to the actual cost of filming it. I mean if they make a 2 hour movie, who is going to buy the DVD's? Subscribe just to watch it? A full season keeps more viewers subscribed for longer. I say nothing has changed, we're just as likely to get the season.

Now if they'd just ANNOUNCE IT we could all go back to enjoying our lives
Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

The "not enough material" line is nonsense imo – I could give you episode summaries for at least six or eight episodes to close this whole thing.

I agree that if he has run out of steam then why not step aside and hand it over graciously to somebody he has already been working with and maybe write the finale or something if he still cares enough (which I doubt).

As for knowing... as somebody else said, I don't think that really changes much unless SHO thinks NJ really is the only person in the world who they want to do this and without him there's no show and they don't give in to the movie idea – if that's the case, then it's cancelled but I doubt it. They're not really known for premature cancellations.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread