Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the vid, Nina.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you liked it. Some people really know what they are doing with the fanvideos, I found one yesterday... it was for OuaT but really, it was AU and told a whole new story it was quite brilliant, I'll post it later when/if I find it again.

And yes Twelve/Clara are sooooo cute.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, they did a good job with those videos.

Oh, I remember how much I loved watching fanfics when I first came online and started watching YouTube. It got depressing after so many of my ships tanked.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not that much into fanvids though there's some great stuff out there but yeah still like reading fanfic on occasion.

This is completely amazing though:

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that vid, Nina. But that first character isn't Aurora from OUAT. Which character is that? And where do all those other scenes come from?

I prefer Aurora with Philip, myself. They're my Disney OTP. I never knew why people shipped Hook/Aurora since they had all of two scenes together where he basically threatened her and took her heart out with his enchanted hook, but oh well.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

No, it's Anastasia, Cinderella's ugly step-sister who was one of the main characters in "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland".

Well OuaT is not Disney canon though and to be fair there wasn't much to ship with Philip, he was basically immediately dead and then we saw him again for about one scene where he had one line. Of course where the Disney movie "Sleeping Beauty" is concerned that's a whole different story. I mean OuaT didn't stick to any of those really.

I totally understand Hook/Aurora on OuaT, it's basically like Han Solo/Leia on Star Wars with the Pirate and Princess theme. He didn't threaten her actually. Cora put her to sleep and he stole her heart with the enchanted hook, he woke her up and set her free - later he saved her heart from being sucked into the vortex Cora created. So yeah, he created the problem, selfishly because he's evil but ultimately he fixed it too... of course not without an ulterior motive again because he's a villain, albeit a charming one.

Personally I was a total multi-shipper on OuaT, I could ship any combination of Hook/Aurora/Mulan/Philip/Cora. I also liked Belle/Jefferson and Belle/Ruby.

Most of the footage is from OuaT and OuaTiW, then there are a few scenes that are from The Tudors.

This is really brilliant too:

I adored Cora and Barbara Hershey. Now that was a proper villain! I'm so happy that she'll be on The X-Files this season.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Barbara Hershey is gonna be on The X-Files this season? That's awesome! I also loved her as Cora.

Well, again, there wasn't much to ship with Hook and Aurora either. She had even fewer scenes with him than with Philip, which is why I again don't get that ship. I think Hook and Aurora had only two scenes in one episode and that was it. And the only reason that Philip and Aurora didn't have that many scenes together was because of the OUAT writers giving most of their storyline to Charming and Snow, which I didn't appreciate. I thought it was disingenuous. But after Aurora and Philip were reunited we didn't see much of them at all. There was that one scene where Zelena turned them into flying monkeys, and then the scene with Aurora and Philip Jr. at Cinderella's postnatal classes, but that's it.

Oh, so Sarah Bolger and Colin O'Donoghue were both on the Tudors as well? Were their characters involved? And his character's name was Philip? Perhaps that's the reason for the shipping, some leftover Tudor shipping.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-22-2017 at 05:25 PM
Old 09-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

There was no villain on OuaT who was as brilliant as Cora imo.

Again, not really she had more scenes with Hook than with Philip though most of them were when they were travelling in a group. I don't think she had even a single one-on-one scene with Philip, it was all in a group or Mulan or someone else was always there.

I don't think there's a use for that ugly green laughing smiley really, I hate that one, it rubs me the wrong way – I mean Philip of Bavaria was a real person and he did court Mary Tudor until Henry VIII forbid it and Mary was heartbroken. Colin was Sarah's first on-screen kiss. And no, that is not the reason for shipping them. It's what people who disrespect the ship are constantly alleging in ship wars. And any SH shipper would really resent that notion.

I quit OuaT sometime during S3, I was just really so bored with it and especially with Ruby vanishing, who was my favourite character - and knowing it was because the showrunners basically drove the actress away by promising her a major storyline but then changing their minds on a whim and basically releasing her from her contract.

Personally I did like "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" despite the off putting terrible VFX, but the storyline was good. I'm morbidly curious about the new season of OuaT. Mainly because I'm happy there is no more Hook/Emma and also because I'm curious about Adelaide Kane as Drizella.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, unless you count Gold/Rumplestiltsken as a villain.

Oh, I'm sorry, Nina. I deleted the smiley. I only thought it was ironic that his character on The Tudors was named Philip, that's all. And yeah, they were always in a group, although Philip and Aurora would go off to the side to speak privately.

I quit OUAT right after the whole thing with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and the Evil Queen being separated from Regina. I got bored with it as well. And I'm not surprised that the actress who played Ruby quit. She really didn't get much of a good storyline after a while. I'm not surprised that Jennifer Morrison quit either, along with Jennifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas. If next season isn't the last one I would be surprised. I never watched OUAT in Wonderland, but only because we already did the Wonderland thing in season two of OUAT.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

That's a tricky one, I mean Gold was like this addict who wanted redemption so badly just to fall off the wagon frequently though you know again a case can be made for him not being bad initially, I don't know. I also wonder really why they fired Emilie de Ravin – like... where are they going to go with his character next season without Belle? Urgh.

Actually OuaTiW was really great, it combined so many things and it had Cora and yeah, totally loved it, it wasn't redundant at all. I don't know I thought OuaT became ridiculous at some point. I wasn't a fan of the whole Zelena plot and I was really really miffed when Henry's father died. I felt generally that the writers/producers/showrunners basically just threw storylines around and abused the supporting cast and therefore the audience's patience. There was no use getting invested in the characters really because who know what would happen when they had their next "great" idea. There was no consistency.

So at the end of the day that's another reason why I love Hook/Aurora and the fandom because ultimately I always liked the idea of what OuaT could have been more than what it really was.

Anyway... here are all the reasons why I adore Missy:

Old 09-22-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, that's an awesome Missy video! I love how she talks smack to the Dalek. Makes me okay with the fact that they made The Master a Time Lady, although I still think it messes with the whole Time Lord/Time Lady continuity that got established back when Romana was introduced, but oh well.

Yeah, Gold was always kind of on the fence, but he always managed to revert back to his self-centered ways, didn't he? You feel sorry for him more than anything else. And I thought Emilie quit on her own? Was she fired? I don't remember hearing that. I do know they had to replace Henry so they could make him an adult, so you had to see that one coming. And I was never comfortable with Belle being with Rumple instead of the actual Beast from the story. Instead they had Philip transformed into a Beast by Maleficent, only to be turned back into a human by Mulan and Ruby(I think). Again, too much screwing around with the story by the writers for no real purpose whatsoever.

I agree, OUAT ended up having what happened to Heroes happen to it, namely the writers just throwing stuff against a wall and seeing what stuck. I didn't mind Zelena, but I thought that storyline could've been done way better. And yeah, killing Neil was something that made Arinna quit the show entirely.

I understand, I just could never ship Aurora with anyone other than Philip because they are one of my childhood OTP's. I think they were both in the movie, Maleficent, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Missy refers to herself as a Timelady. Gender is fluid in Gallifreyans, they explained that. So Romana can regenerate as whatever she likes. It always seemed to me that she had more control over it than the Doctor.

No, Jennifer, Ginnifer and Josh quit on her on, Emilie got fired because of the new direction the producers want to take the show in. TVline reported that as early as May. Also fired the kid who played Henry, obviously because now Henry is all grown up.

It was so confusing - I thought Philip was some dragon from a Chinese fairy tale that terrorized a village and yeah they played Rumple as the beast for a whole so ultimately there was no actual beast. It was one confusing show. And no, it was Belle and Mulan who turned Philip back from a dragon into Philip but yeah... that was the episode where also very confusingly for some reason Belle crossed paths in a tavern with Milah or at least she wore the same pirate-y outfit. Idek.

Quote:
And yeah, killing Neil was something that made Arinna quit the show entirely.
I'm totally with Arinna on that. I could barely stomach that. Because I felt it was going against the whole premise of the show which was to bring back happy endings and it was all on some whim because suddenly they wanted to get Emma with Hook though that was the most bizarre and appalling and nonsensical ship ever and they had to bend over backwards and make the characters into absolutely bizarre versions of themselves to make it work.

I may adopt a side ship...

Last edited by Nikki K; 09-22-2017 at 07:04 PM
Old 09-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, to me it made the whole concept of Time Lords and Time Ladies redundant if they could switch back and forth, but whatever. Obviously some identify mostly as male and others as female, since Romana regenerated as a woman the majority of the time and The Doctor preferred being a man.

Damn, that sucks that Emilie got fired. She'd been with that producing team since Lost. But that show ended up going off the rails as well.

Was it a dragon? I forgot exactly what kind of beast Philip got turned into. And yes, it was Mulan and Belle! Thanks, I forgot who was with Mulan. Appropriate that it was Belle, huh? But yeah, they mixed and matched storylines whenever they found it convenient. They made Philip a beast, and gave David the storyline involving Maleficent that was supposed to be Philip's. They just made the continuity way too convoluted.

Yeah, they treated Neil like an inconvenience that needed to be swept under the rug because of how popular Hook/Emma had become, I guess.

Missy and Clara? Hah! Nice.

And I have to go to bed now, Nina, so I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 09-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah it was a dragon and idek... I think it looked a lot like the one in the Neverending Story ... I could look up what fairy tale that was but yeah can't remember off hand.

I loved Mulan too and I loved the Mulan/Aurora friendship. I thought it could have been a great season 2B if we had got to see them go through fairytale land fighting things getting Philip back. I would preferred watching that to the whole Zelena stuff.

Ah yeah I remember they did something with David and Maleficent. Idek. Again Maleficent... a character they barely used and it took ages until we got a scene with Maleficent and Aurora like... when was that? Season 5? And it was about 90 seconds long? I had switched off by then. I was so annoyed at the show. I mean it was such a waste, especially since I think they wasted the potential of two great actresses.

Yeah, exactly... I was so annoyed about that. And I actually thought Emma/Neil were really cute. So... no. Not cool.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

This made me so melancholy but also glad I found it – Rose/Martha -- too short but very sweet! I wish I could edit...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread