Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are right, Alex.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Oh god, did they really? I had no idea :/ I have watched both so far. I really didn't want them to be re-cast for the third movie, I thought the actors were decent enough. Mostly the actress.

Yeah I enjoyed Asylum more, I thought it was a bit over there everywhere at some point but I enjoyed the characters/acting way more and it actually creeped me out. Something Coven never did. I still can't get over Zoe killing all those zombies with a chainsaw and the rape stuff with the Minotaur? yeah no

I actually only place Asylum in 2nd place because of the aliens. I thought that was a bit too much and it was done so weird and predictable... I dunno. I liked the possessed Mary Eunice the most tho, Lily was BRILLIANT in that season and I was OK with the santa killer cause he was in like 2 episodes only... also Coven had that Axeman that felt so out of place at times... I dunno, I couldn't like it. I didn't even like Cordelia or Fiona in Coven and I loved Sister Jude in Asylum.

I think S1 was more focused, they also had some ridiculous episodes but it was more centered, only problem is that I barely cared for the main characters (the main family) I enjoyed the ghosts/Constance more.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Arinna.

Yeah, I liked Rose McIver as Cathy, May. I really didn't want them to recast her and Chris again, but I guess they wanted actors who could pass for being 10 years older, since both Chris and Cathy are supposed to be in their late 30's in If There Be Thorns. There's still supposed to be plenty of incest between them, though.

I agree that Murder House was more focused, mostly because they were telling one story with one theme, that of the Harmon family and the haunted house. Keeping things centered around the one family and keeping the supernatural element on ghosts made everything tighter. That's kind of why I also liked Coven, because it stuck to themes of magic, witchcraft, and voodoo. I actually loved Violet taking out all the zombies with a chainsaw, kind of like Bruce Campbell in The Evil Dead. The Minotaur guy wasn't that much of a stretch, since he was also a reanimated corpse. And the Axe man being a corporeal ghost seemed like a homage to the ghosts from the first season.

I agree that Lily Rabe was awesome as the demonically-possessed Sister Mary Eunice. And Jessica Lange was awesome as always. But the alien abduction plotline just seemed out of step with all of the other, more supernaturally-based themes on the show, and it seemed like UFO's and alien abduction would be better suited to its own separate season.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I completely agree on the aliens, I think RM only went there with the aliens storyline because of the year Asylum is based on. Is when the whole Rosswell thing was at it's highest but I still think that story was stupid. Like they could have brought Kit to the Asylum because he was a little bit wacko thinking aliens abducted Alma... and I wanted to believe that but then the things they found in his body and at the end Alma coming back was just idiotic.

I remember laughing with Coven and finding it entertaining for the most part, but I couldn't care less for most of it's characters. Personally I only liked Misty Day, Myrtle ... and that's about it :/ I like it when it has a bit of humor, but the best type of humor was Constance's in Murder House. She'd make me laugh out loud with her sarcasm and bitchiness and yet MH still creeped me out and I was invested in the characters plot lines/history like Tate and the gay couple Moira, etc. I still think the Halloween episodes that series are some of the best AHS episodes ever.

Fortunately RM has already said Freakshow will go back to being scary... I'm only going to miss Lily Rabe terribly, but next season will be even worse without Jessica in it
Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I just remembered that this will be Jessica Lange's last year on AHS. I don't know how the show will go on without her. And I'm also gonna miss Lily Rabe this year, but she's on another show now. And I agree about Alma; her coming back really didn't make sense other than to give Kit a threesome.

The Halloween episodes are the best, but my favorite episode of Asylum was the one with "The Name Game" musical sequence.

I have heard that Freak Show is supposed to be the scariest season so far, so that should be interesting. I'm wondering if Evan Peters and Emma Roberts are gonna be the new 'ship.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

By the promo it looks like Evan's character is player so who knows. I really don't care much about ships in this show

Ok, the weirdest thing happened to me. Someone uploaded a scene from episode 8 of Borgia with Lucrezia and Cesare dancing and I teared up. This is NOT NORMAL, I usually don't care for them in this show, but the scene is SO SO SWEET. Cesare calls the music for them to play a flamenco and dances with Lucrezia while Rodrigo and D'Este are side eying them, but the cute part is after that. They're going to Lucrezia's room I guess after the party and Lucrezia is struggling to go up the stairs holding her dress so Cesare holds her dress for her on one side and holds her hand to help her go up the stairs... once they get to the floor they sort of keep on dancing and he carries her and they're laughing and being adorable and I read that after that he stays outside her bedroom "guarding her" I CANNOT. WHY DO THEY MAKE THEM CUTE UNTIL S3?? why couldn't they be like this in S1 instead?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know, May. But I guess since Cesare stayed outside her room, I guess they're not going beyond anything cute?

Evan is a player? In a freakshow, I can only wonder who he'll hook up with.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

I know so I'm guessing Emma's character could definitely be his love interest this season.

Yeah, it doesn't look like they're going anywhere else in Borgia. Weird since they promoted the hell out of C/L for this season all sinful and making out in the promos and stuff, and in the actual episodes you just have them being all angsty and adorable but hey, I love that stuff so
Old 09-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm honestly not looking forward to Borgia. Spoiler ahead, read with caution.

I heard the ending was utter rubbish and
Spoiler:
doesn't happen though I won't spoiler you with what they actually do unless you want me to. I just saw a scene Mark reads off youtube just now and...well let's just say Cesare has
Spoiler:

Last edited by Borgia1; 09-28-2014 at 07:28 AM
Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Oh I've read the spoilers, those are actually descriptions and yeah not accurate at all. I still liked the C/L I saw in it tho didn't ship them before but their clips in S3 are extremely cute. And I also want to know what's up with Giulia and Alessandro cause I've been shipping that since S1.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Oh I've read the spoilers, those are actually descriptions and yeah not accurate at all.
So I just found a link to the first four episodes in English of season 3 if anyone wants it. Just pm me. I just finished episode one and it does include that harem scene. Oh and spoiler alert:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Borgia1; 09-28-2014 at 03:15 PM
Old 09-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Trina! You can PM them to me if possible.

Thanks for the spoilers. I guess Fontana is really trying to go in a different direction than Jordan did.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've heard these rumors.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just finished watching all four episodes and spoiler.
Spoiler:
Old 09-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the PM, Trina!

Woah! And thanks for the spoilers. They really deviated from the history with that one. I guess Fontana wanted to distinguish his show from Jordan's show with all of that stuff with Cesare and "you know who," and where he eventually ends up, which is a huge stretch.