Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

A friend made me download the pre-air pilot but then I was hospitalized, so only when I was released from the hospital and came home sometime end of July, I looked at cleaning up my computer where I found the episode and watched it. I never thought I'd like it but I found it quite entertaining. Sadly now that means that Season 2 has it hard to live up to it.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Loyal Fan

You were hospitalized for a long time? Hope everything is okay with you now

Hope both GoT and the Borgias will not disappoint us with their second seasons, but I'm quite optimistic
Hate: Animal Cruelty
Old 12-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

The one thing that I'm not looking forward to next season of GOT is the lack of Drogo

Love Rob Stark and the Kingslayer, but they can't beat my Dothraki stallion

icon
Old 12-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Drogo was great, especially his angry speech about wooden horses and iron chairs.

His death will force Dany though, to step up as a leader.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

icon
Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Looking better than the last number I saw

From when to when is that, Nonie?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanora (View Post)
You were hospitalized for a long time? Hope everything is okay with you now

Hope both GoT and the Borgias will not disappoint us with their second seasons, but I'm quite optimistic

Thanks. And well... I take it day by day. Some are better, some are worse.

I am kind of worried about The Borgias. I mainly care for (a) lots of Vanozza and (b) lots of CL.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Looking better than the last number I saw

From when to when is that, Nonie?
^^

That will be from Monday till my last post

icon
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
^^

That will be from Monday till my last post
Oh, that is really good then. I feel like being ambitious and going for 400 by next Monday How many posts do we need a month to stay open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Thanks. And well... I take it day by day. Some are better, some are worse.

I am kind of worried about The Borgias. I mainly care for (a) lots of Vanozza and (b) lots of CL.
Agree with you on the CL Otherwise I love seeing more historical figures making appearances and I'm looking forward to more Catherine Sforza.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, that is really good then. I feel like being ambitious and going for 400 by next Monday How many posts do we need a month to stay open?
The average every month is 15 posts a day. If our count is below average, we'll get a warning. And the board can't go without a single post for more than 48 hours.

icon
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Agree with you on the CL Otherwise I love seeing more historical figures making appearances and I'm looking forward to more Catherine Sforza.
True which is why Jordan "inventing" a fictional Gonzaga and Orsini kind of irks me.

Oh, I'm so glad to see that you two will swing it/run the show here - so I can withdraw with my sloooooow internet but still find the board here when I check sometimes.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, they have an enormous amount of characters they can incorporate into the story. They could even show the French court if they wanted, while still being relevant. No need for random characters.

Quote:
The average every month is 15 posts a day. If our count is below average, we'll get a warning. And the board can't go without a single post for more than 48 hours.
Thanks for the explanation. After we get a warning, it will be shut if it happens in the subsequent month as well?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

They could but then perhaps that would be a bit much. In any case I agree... no made up characters, please! I mean some things are legit or fair enough like the servant girl Maria from the pilot, she served a specific purpose and then she was gone. That's fine. Just when it's people who stick around for no good reason whatsoever because you could have surely found a historic person to fill that role... that's when I get annoyed.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. After we get a warning, it will be shut if it happens in the subsequent month as well?
Oh yeah And if I'm not mistaken,after we get the first warning, we can't go below the average count for the next few months or the board will be taken down without a second warning.

icon
Old 12-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
They could but then perhaps that would be a bit much. In any case I agree... no made up characters, please! I mean some things are legit or fair enough like the servant girl Maria from the pilot, she served a specific purpose and then she was gone. That's fine. Just when it's people who stick around for no good reason whatsoever because you could have surely found a historic person to fill that role... that's when I get annoyed.
Agree with that. Some made-up characters are necessary, because names of servants and other common folk have often not been preserved, though they would still have played a role.

In the Tudors there were also several random characters that made little sense to me (or real characters that were so far from their counterparts that they might have been fake). Luckily that was toned down in the latter seasons.

Quote:
Oh yeah And if I'm not mistaken,after we get the first warning, we can't go below the average count for the next few months or the board will be taken down without a second warning.
I see, so we have to keep at it to avoid getting any, though I'm quite sure we're safe for this month
Closed Thread   Post New Thread