Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

*sigh* Yeah... there is a reason I don't go to anti-places anymore, I can't take it. I love my loves too much!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

No Brienne in the new trailer, and the briefest of shots of Jaime in chains.

Why do the trailer/promo-making people torture us so?

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Loyal Fan

According to some Tumblr screen caps, Brienne is in there - once, possibly twice. I don't know if that is spoilery but I will link. Obviously you have to replace the **** with f _ _ _ in order for the links to work.

http://****yeahjaimeandbrienne.tumbl...-guise-is-that
http://****yeahjaimeandbrienne.tumbl...st/16745838844

Tons of screencaps here: WinterIsComing.net

I could spend my entire day cruising Tumblr and flailing.

There is a brief flash of Jaime, and I was all "my poor sad BB!". (WinterIsComing.net)
My mother, who has read 2 books and is watching S1, does not get my love of Jaime. She said, jokingly, "I raised you better than that! He's evil!". I just told her, keep reading.

Last edited by ABoleyn1230; 01-30-2012 at 11:02 AM
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
According to some Tumblr screen caps, Brienne is in there - once, possibly twice. I don't know if that is spoilery but I will link. Obviously you have to replace the **** with f _ _ _ in order for the links to work.

http://****yeahjaimeandbrienne.tumbl...-guise-is-that
http://****yeahjaimeandbrienne.tumbl...st/16745838844

Tons of screencaps here: WinterIsComing.net

I could spend my entire day cruising Tumblr and flailing.
OMGOMGOMG HOW DID I MISS THOSE?!?!?! Thank you for the links!!!!

Quote:
There is a brief flash of Jaime, and I was all "my poor sad BB!". (WinterIsComing.net)
My mother, who has read 2 books and is watching S1, does not get my love of Jaime. She said, jokingly, "I raised you better than that! He's evil!". I just told her, keep reading.
I read some things on the internet sometimes, posted by folks who haven't read the books, and I just want to scream that at them. "READ THE DAMN BOOKS, PEOPLE!!!" Not only are they incredibly great reads, but the twists and turns are stunning - - love the way George keeps us guessing!

And I just feel that anyone who doesn't ship Jaime/Brienne (especially after the "I dreamed of you" line) - - even if not full-on romantically - - and even with the option of personal preference - - is truly beyond our help.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG!!!!!!!! I missed Brienne´s scene!!!!
thanks fpr those links!!!!!!!!
I thought that she wasn´t pictured at the trailer.
Brienne kicking a***.
And poor Jaime,. but we need him there in order to meet Brienne.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Loyal Fan

When I first watched the trailer this morning, I was rather disappointed because I didn't see her. But after browsing Tumblr, I found that a lot of people managed to cap it (it happens SO fast in the trailer) and it looks to be her. All of the fandom squeeing for her makes me happy!

Quote:
And I just feel that anyone who doesn't ship Jaime/Brienne (especially after the "I dreamed of you" line) - - even if not full-on romantically - - and even with the option of personal preference - - is truly beyond our help.
I suspect we'll have lots more shippers as people continue to read on, and as the show progresses (hopefully later in S2, but definitely in 3!)

Also, this gem from Tumblr:

Source
Old 01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When I first watched the trailer this morning, I was rather disappointed because I didn't see her. But after browsing Tumblr, I found that a lot of people managed to cap it (it happens SO fast in the trailer) and it looks to be her. All of the fandom squeeing for her makes me happy!
In the top .gif, I wonder if that's the scene where she & Cat have to high-tail it outta Renly's camp? I don't think they fight their way out in the book, but they may re-vamp the scene for the show.
Quote:
I suspect we'll have lots more shippers as people continue to read on, and as the show progresses (hopefully later in S2, but definitely in 3!)

Quote:
Pencil in "Brienne" and "Jaime", and it'd be perfect!!

Last edited by IceKat055; 01-30-2012 at 06:16 PM
Old 01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Aw that is so cute! Someone totally needs to pencil in with their left/off hand their names.

In the book there was a little bit of a scuffle to get out of the camp... not much of one, but a little.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Just, DAMN. The level of ass kicking from these two will be EPIC.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Best duo ever. I almost can't stand how perfect they are. It's possible that the first time he says "wench", my heart will explode.

I just want to snuggle Jaime in that pic. Poor boy.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Best duo ever. I almost can't stand how perfect they are. It's possible that the first time he says "wench", my heart will explode.
Oh wow. That just made me smile. Didn't even occur to me, but that's gonna be a fantastic moment. And her snipping right back with "my name is..."

"Brienne, yes."

Old 01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I think there will be much squeeing from me.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Poll @ FanPop: What's your realistic prediction for what will happen between Jaime and Brienne, romantically, in the series?

Most I hope for is: "They'll kiss and/or admit their feelings, at least." though I'd be THRILLED with: "They'll have sex at least once, though things will probably still end tragically."

the ultimate:

Never gonna happen. Damn you GRRM.

ETA: Love these!!

credit: Cresmix

Last edited by IceKat055; 01-31-2012 at 06:43 PM
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

ACK! Those gifs are fantastic!

It's strange because I guess you could say, according to this poll that nothing has happened between them romantically. But that makes me think, man, GRRM can to so much with "nothing"! I cannot think of one romance in A Song of Ice and Fire that is as electrifying as the "nothing" that has been going on between Jaime and Brienne for three novels (or two since I probably shouldn't count Dance). When I think about this it makes me want to vote for nothing. Because I feel that whatever unfolds between them naturally in their interactions will be breathtaking even if it's heartbreaking. I wouldn't want anything more that might ruin their dynamic or ring false.

THAT said, I'm obsessed with J&B fanfiction so of course I WANT them to live together happily ever after. Realistically I think they'll kiss or admit their feelings at the most, or have some sort of relationship (romantic or otherwise) that ends tragically. I kind of feel like that's what's been happening already.

Still, I really do feel that GRRM has been fulfilling our wish list symbolically. The first fight is totally sex. When I think of marriage vows and then think of the Brienne has made to Jaime or the vows Brienne has inspired Jaime to keep, I don't think marriage vows could be any more deeply felt or soulbinding. They've reached a level of intimacy with each other because of what they've gone through together that ... man it just ... wow. I want more nothing.

No I take that back. I want a kiss!

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
It's strange because I guess you could say, according to this poll that nothing has happened between them romantically. But that makes me think, man, GRRM can to so much with "nothing"!
That's what makes them so compelling for me. Nothing consciously has happened between them...but subconsciously, they're all about each other! I love the subtly that George writes into them. They think of each other at every turn when they're apart, and they dream of each other. They're very much ingrained into each others thoughts, and I believe their hearts as well. From Brienne remembering their bath (she has to remind herself of Renly), to Jaime musing on how astonishing her eyes are (he's moving past her less attractive physical traits and focusing more on the positive)...

Quote:
I cannot think of one romance in A Song of Ice and Fire that is as electrifying as the "nothing" that has been going on between Jaime and Brienne for three novels (or two since I probably shouldn't count Dance).
Seriously, that creek fight was more intense "nothing" than any other romantic pairing has gotten to date!

Quote:
Still, I really do feel that GRRM has been fulfilling our wish list symbolically. The first fight is totally sex. When I think of marriage vows and then think of the Brienne has made to Jaime or the vows Brienne has inspired Jaime to keep, I don't think marriage vows could be any more deeply felt or soulbinding. They've reached a level of intimacy with each other because of what they've gone through together that ... man it just ... wow. I want more nothing.
Wow indeed. Very prettily said!

Quote:
No I take that back. I want a kiss!
Yeah, we can talk all we want about "no, we'll be happy with just the bare minimum and what we've already gotten", but we all know full well that ain't the whole truth!

Speaking of fanfic, this is one of my new faves - - "Not Fire, Not Ice" by Nuyaviel. She does a beautiful job of capturing them. It's post DWD, so very spoilerish.

He was a man of easy smiles and laughter, but he found there was a smile he smiled only with Brienne.