Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
It will be a chance to have both Gwen and Nic naked doing some exposition... I mean there is no way HBO will pass that up!

Oh and you both said such lovely true things!
No doubt.
The Harrenhall´s bath is a must.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
Hello! Would you please add me? I've been trying to resist the charms of this couple as I read the books (just starting ADWD) but last night I had a dream about them, so I might as well quit trying to resist! There is such a chemistry between them in the books, I am reallllly excited to see it on screen.
Welcome!!

Yay, more passengers aboard the J/B ship!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hello! Would you please add me? I've been trying to resist the charms of this couple as I read the books (just starting ADWD) but last night I had a dream about them, so I might as well quit trying to resist! There is such a chemistry between them in the books, I am reallllly excited to see it on screen.
Oh neat! You went through what Jaime went through in SoS. LOL! You weren't dozing off on a tree stump by any chance?

Welcome!

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 01-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Welcome!!

Yay, more passengers aboard the J/B ship!
Yippi!!! Wait and see, what will happen when season 2 starts.

More J/B's will approach.

Welcome everyone!!!
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Welcome! I added you!

LittleLoLo! That's so true!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the welcome/add! I definitely think more people will follow. I started watching the show, which got me to read the books. I suspect many people are doing the same, with the show doing so well. I enjoy bickering relationships, so it was only natural I "fall" for these two. I think the bath and the bear pit did me in.

LittleLoLo, I was snug in my bed, but it was a fairly dirty dream! They were sharing a sleeping bag.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorith (View Post)
Yippi!!! Wait and see, what will happen when season 2 starts.

More J/B's will approach.
Love it. As more people read the books (and more probably even will when S2 gets going), it's cool to see the progression. Most readers go from "ewwww, Jaime is banging his sister?!? " to "BRANBRANBRAN I HATE JAIME HE NEEDS TO DIAF" to "KILL HIM A LOT, ROBB/CAT!!!" to "Jaime is actually a little more cool with Brienne" to "ok I'm kinda loving Jaime & Brienne together" to "J/B BABIES NOW PLS!!!"

Quote:
I think the bath and the bear pit did me in.
So say we all. "I dreamed of you" is still one of the most romantic moments in literary history. You know...within reason.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

"I dreamed of you" is just... gahh! How about that for the most romantic possible reply to her question?
Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
"I dreamed of you" is just... gahh! How about that for the most romantic possible reply to her question?
I love how his instinct always wins out over his initial reaction with her. Initial reaction: club her with an oar; instead, he uses it to help her into the boat. Initial reaction: some cruel jape; instead, "I dreamed of you." And once his guard was down at Harrenhal, his instinct led him to tell her the truth about Aerys.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Most readers go from "ewwww, Jaime is banging his sister?!? " to "BRANBRANBRAN I HATE JAIME HE NEEDS TO DIAF" to "KILL HIM A LOT, ROBB/CAT!!!" to "Jaime is actually a little more cool with Brienne" to "ok I'm kinda loving Jaime & Brienne together" to "J/B BABIES NOW PLS!!!"

This was pretty much exactly it for me! The thing is, now I am in wayyy deep. I swore off shipping over a year ago, because I tend to fall for doomed ships and generally have poor luck with them. But here I go again! *facepalm* I spent this snowy morning reading fic. I'm too far gone, I LOVE these two!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This was pretty much exactly it for me! The thing is, now I am in wayyy deep. I swore off shipping over a year ago, because I tend to fall for doomed ships and generally have poor luck with them. But here I go again! *facepalm* I spent this snowy morning reading fic. I'm too far gone, I LOVE these two!
The "nice" thing about these two is...we know they're probably doomed anyway, so our hopes shouldn't be too sky-high. I'm not expecting anything close to a happily ever after for Jaime & Brienne, not from GRRM!

I'll be content with an acknowledgement/exchange of feelings between them. We already got as good a sex scene as we'll ever likely see in this series (the creek fight), we got the most intimate, sharing scene we'll ever likely see (the bath confession), and the way these two think of each other constantly when they're apart...

I'm not sure what more we can ask for from GRRM. Maybe Jaime can die in Brienne's arms after taking his bitch of a sister with him.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The "nice" thing about these two is...we know they're probably doomed anyway, so our hopes shouldn't be too sky-high. I'm not expecting anything close to a happily ever after for Jaime & Brienne, not from GRRM!

I'll be content with an acknowledgement/exchange of feelings between them. We already got as good a sex scene as we'll ever likely see in this series (the creek fight), we got the most intimate, sharing scene we'll ever likely see (the bath confession), and the way these two think of each other constantly when they're apart...

I'm not sure what more we can ask for from GRRM. Maybe Jaime can die in Brienne's arms after taking his bitch of a sister with him.
True words Kat! I think the part when they're apart from each other make the readers - and hopefully the viewers later - realized how deep their feelings for each other are. No other pair in the ASOIF saga - in my view- has got that.
You're so damn right about GRRM. But I guess no one in this whole saga, will live happily ever after. Though the prospect of it make me really sad.

I do hope that GRRM leaves us a little satisfied after all the affairs/battles/corruptions/losses and wars.
Banshee
Old 01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love how his instinct always wins out over his initial reaction with her. Initial reaction: club her with an oar; instead, he uses it to help her into the boat. Initial reaction: some cruel jape; instead, "I dreamed of you." And once his guard was down at Harrenhal, his instinct led him to tell her the truth about Aerys.
I love that too. He's always thinking mean things but does everything from the heart and his heart just can't be that cruel to Brienne.

Quote:
I know how you feel. I could never swear off shipping though... because I know myself too well, I read vague descriptions and I'm in head over heels... it's possible I need to get myself a life of some kind, ehh who needs that when I have fandom... err anyway I tried not to get too attached to anything reading a Song of Ice and Fire... you know after Ned I figured nothing was safe, but... Brienne and Jaime broke down my wall and now I'm in deep. However I keep in mind that everything I love is going to die horribly. Oh well I guess that's what fandom is for collective denial...
Old 01-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love that too. He's always thinking mean things but does everything from the heart and his heart just can't be that cruel to Brienne.
It's sweet how often it happens, too...from their very first chapter, his words and actions completely contradict his sometimes-mean thoughts. He's genuine and open with Brienne. Heart > head.
Quote:
Thankfully, Jaime still had his oar. One good swing when she comes paddling up and I’ll be free of her.

Instead he found himself stretching the oar out over the water. Brienne grabbed hold, and Jaime pulled her in.
Quote:
Wordless, she turned away from him, her knuckles tight on her sword hilt. What a wretched creature this one is. She reminded him of Tyrion in some queer way, though at first blush two people could scarcely be any more dissimilar. Perhaps it was that thought of his brother that made him say, “I did not intend to give offense, Brienne. Forgive me.”
Quote:
He floated in heat, in memory. “After dancing griffins lost the Battle of the Bells, Aerys exiled him.” Why am I telling this absurd ugly child?
Quote:
“Ser Jaime?” Even in soiled pink satin and torn lace, Brienne looked more like a man in a gown than a proper woman. “I am grateful, but… you were well away. Why come back?”

A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged. “I dreamed of you,” he said.
Quote:
The wench looked as ugly and awkward as ever, he decided when Tyrell left them. Someone had dressed her in woman’s clothes again, but this dress fit much better than that hideous pink rag the goat had made her wear. “Blue is a good color on you, my lady,” Jaime observed. “It goes well with your eyes.” She does have astonishing eyes.
Quote:
Stupid stubborn brave bitch. She was going to get herself good and killed, he knew it. And what do I care if she does? If she hadn’t been so pigheaded, I’d still have a hand. Yet he heard himself whisper, “Let them do it, and go away inside.” That was what he’d done, when the Starks had died before him, Lord Rickard cooking in his armor while his son Brandon strangled himself trying to save him. “Think of Renly, if you loved him. Think of Tarth, mountains and seas, pools, waterfalls, whatever you have on your Sapphire Isle, think…”
...and then he saved her from rape, screaming "SAPPHIRES" and earning himself another kick that has him blacking out from pain.

The things he does for love.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh these lines keep me melting. I dreamed of you must be one of the romantic line in the books ever!

Can't wait for J/B!
Banshee