Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DoDs:. (View Post)
I just read the "I dreamed of you" part... Please tell me there is more!!!!!!!
Oh, there is!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just read the "I dreamed of you" part... Please tell me there is more!!!!!!!
I know! Awesome right? If that was the extent of their relationship I would still ship them, but good news, it's not! It keeps being awesome!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

This book is on fire!!!!!!
Spoiler:

In this book? Or in the next one? I need more of that to cheer me up!
TK
Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

To answer your question: Yes!

as to the spoiler... Yeah that was ...
Old 10-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Hello there, I'm currently devouring the last bits of book 3 "The Storm of Swords" and I'm crazily in love with these two! I'm hopeful to see amazing stuff on the show and their drawing journey being brilliantly written in the next books. I can't wait for season 2, which equals their first scene together, even if for just a brief moment. I grasp whatever I get of them.
May I please be added then? I'd love to be their official shipper.

D&E
Old 10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Welcome MademoisellePaulina! More people are discovering the WIN of J/B!

Quote:
In this book? Or in the next one? I need more of that to cheer me up!
They have more in book 3 - - and though the story does eventually split them up, you'll be very pleased with how often they think of each other.

I wish George would hurry up with book 6 - - I'm DYING to know how their story continues!!!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Addicted Fan

They're everything I look for in my pairings. Angsty and wrong when first encountered, only then they tend to discover how perfect of a fit they would be.

Ikr! I wish he would, too. I'm just dying at the sole thought of having to WAIT for book 6 when I finish "Dance of Dragons". I have no idea what could possibly fill this void! (it's a long run still but you know, when it comes to such genius, I just worry ahead )

D&E
Old 10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MademoisellePaulina (View Post)
They're everything I look for in my pairings. Angsty and wrong when first encountered, only then they tend to discover how perfect of a fit they would be.
I also despised Jaime, up until his story merged with Brienne's. Having him as a POV character obviously helped as well, but his relationship with Brienne really did bring out the best in him.

Quote:
Ikr! I wish he would, too. I'm just dying at the sole thought of having to WAIT for book 6 when I finish "Dance of Dragons". I have no idea what could possibly fill this void! (it's a long run still but you know, when it comes to such genius, I just worry ahead )
My only advice - - read slow!!! I tried so hard to take my time with DoD (actually the last 2 books), and failed miserably. They're so hard to put down!

Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Addicted Fan

I didn't actually despise him, for some reason I just couldn't. Might be his charm worked on me because I first saw the show's Jaime, then got to reading the books. I checked if he gets the POV in later books when I started reading GoT, was so pleased to see in book 3 he does. It helped a lot those who couldn't believe in him at first, good storytelling from George's side here, BTW!

I wanted to put it off, postopone somehow but I'm also failing, so very miserable and my heart will bleed for more when I'm done with DoD and for Christ's sake.. book 6 might get published in 5 years! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF?! </3
Good to know Storm of Swords will be split in two so HBO has seasons piled up alright. xD It might take my mind off the dreadful feeling of emptiness while waiting for book 6.

Gosh, this is so addictive.

D&E
Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hello there, I'm currently devouring the last bits of book 3 "The Storm of Swords" and I'm crazily in love with these two! I'm hopeful to see amazing stuff on the show and their drawing journey being brilliantly written in the next books. I can't wait for season 2, which equals their first scene together, even if for just a brief moment. I grasp whatever I get of them.
May I please be added then? I'd love to be their official shipper.
Hello and welcome! I've added you to our list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I also despised Jaime, up until his story merged with Brienne's. Having him as a POV character obviously helped as well, but his relationship with Brienne really did bring out the best in him.
My reaction exactly and why I will love them forever. You can't hate Jaime after the Bear pit... it is like physically impossible, my friend even tried because she loves Bran so but at the same time... BEAR PIT!

Quote:
I didn't actually despise him, for some reason I just couldn't. Might be his charm worked on me because I first saw the show's Jaime, then got to reading the books. I checked if he gets the POV in later books when I started reading GoT, was so pleased to see in book 3 he does. It helped a lot those who couldn't believe in him at first, good storytelling from George's side here, BTW!
Show Jaime shows a lot of things you don't get until later with book Jaime... having only one POV that doesn't hate his guts for the whole first book makes it kinda hard to like him until you get some new insight, the show did a great job with hinting at the depths of Jaime without giving it away.

As to waiting 5 years... been there... It's easier after a while promise.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
My reaction exactly and why I will love them forever. You can't hate Jaime after the Bear pit... it is like physically impossible, my friend even tried because she loves Bran so but at the same time... BEAR PIT!
THIS. I defy anyone to not fall in love with Jaime just based on his actions in the bear pit.

Brienne tried to dart around, but he kicked her legs out from under her. She fell in the sand, clutching the useless sword. Jaime straddled her, and the bear came charging.

Protecting her at all cost.

And "I dreamed of you" is one of the single most romantic lines in the series to date, if not THE most romantic. Even if Jaime didn't mean it "that way", even if neither of them fully understand the subtext behind it. Didn't stop me from squee-ing out loud.

Quote:
Show Jaime shows a lot of things you don't get until later with book Jaime... having only one POV that doesn't hate his guts for the whole first book makes it kinda hard to like him until you get some new insight, the show did a great job with hinting at the depths of Jaime without giving it away.
I agree, the scene between Jaime & Cat was SO well done. Nik really nailed the emotional beats.

Quote:
As to waiting 5 years... been there... It's easier after a while promise.
Only 6 months to go 'til S2. Only 6 months 'til Jaime/Brienne meet. Only 6 months.

I will not stare at my clock for the next 6 months.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
THIS. I defy anyone to not fall in love with Jaime just based on his actions in the bear pit.
I know! no thought of himself just dives straight in to save her totally unarmed! Jaime you are such a romantic bastard!
Quote:
Brienne tried to dart around, but he kicked her legs out from under her. She fell in the sand, clutching the useless sword. Jaime straddled her, and the bear came charging.

Protecting her at all cost.
I love that and that they fought over who got to protect who! Oh such an epic ship scene!

Quote:
And "I dreamed of you" is one of the single most romantic lines in the series to date, if not THE most romantic. Even if Jaime didn't mean it "that way", even if neither of them fully understand the subtext behind it. Didn't stop me from squee-ing out loud.
The subtext behind that line crushed a barn! And that in said dream she was naked... mmmm... Jaime you know what you really want even when you don't!

Quote:
I agree, the scene between Jaime & Cat was SO well done. Nik really nailed the emotional beats.
He really captured the humor and heart of the character that really wasn't apparent in the books so early on... like his smile with Tyrion in the whore house... so cute!

Quote:
Only 6 months to go 'til S2. Only 6 months 'til Jaime/Brienne meet. Only 6 months.

I will not stare at my clock for the next 6 months.
I know! I've got used to waiting for the books but I'm going nuts over the show!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Wait, I have to wait 5 years for book 6? NOT FAIR!
I'm almost done with book 3, Jaime and Brienne just said goodbye to each other...
TK
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

I've done it twice now...

awww yeah. The sword though? And when he says she looks good in blue and she agrees about him in white?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The subtext behind that line crushed a barn! And that in said dream she was naked... mmmm... Jaime you know what you really want even when you don't!
He SO does. I love how Martin described his dream, and the words Jaime used:

Quote:
The light was so dim that Jaime could scarcely see her, though they stood a scant few feet apart. In this light she could almost be a beauty, he thought.
It's all about seeing her in the right light. His subconscious gets it already; now he just has to consciously get past her physical appearance, and focus on all the rest.

"Their blades made a little island of light,..."

Their blades.

Quote:
I'm almost done with book 3, Jaime and Brienne just said goodbye to each other...
Such a beautiful scene...Oathkeeper.