Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2019, 06:21 PM
Supreme Fan

I've been reading fanfiction to get me over the disappointment. Seriously, the end of 8x04 onward ... just .

All of the character development ... just completely gone and ruined. For everybody.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-17-2019, 10:24 AM
Graphics Team

^ Yeah that's what I'll be doing.
I would've liked to see them continue their relationship though. I was actually rewatching the ep where Jaime saves Brienne from the bear pit
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Something I noticed (even as I was cringing) ... in the final scene where Jaime "dies" the right hand that we see at Cersei's back is a real hand and NOT Jaime's gold hand. Weird that such a detail would get left out of the scene, or that they couldn't even bother to give Nikolaj his character's golden hand.

Then again, this season was full of "oops moments" (ex. Starbucks cup, etc).

Would be awesome if we find out that Jaime did NOT die. Given what we've gotten so far with these writers (from the end of 8x04 onward), forgive my pessimism .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I saw the hand thing too, well later. But they really didn't care much about this season for sure.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Poor Nikolaj. He was open with his frustrations and his dislike for how his character has been portrayed.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Graphics Team

Nikolaj liked Jaime and Brienne, didn't he?

Did anyone ever read this?
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/08/game-...-hate-9450511/
Old 05-18-2019, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

He did as far as I know. I read the spoilers, so I’m even angrier now. He never deserved her. They shouldn’t have been involved.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:47 PM
Graphics Team

I'm confused, are you a fan of them or not? Sometimes you sound like you are, other times you sound like you're not, which makes me wonder why you're in their thread
I absolutely loved them together. I just hated that his character growth just.. devolved and went back to like how it was at the beginning of the show.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:57 PM
Supreme Fan

I loved their Jane Austen-esque banter in 8x02. Very Darcy/Liz . That's how I knew that Jaime had totally fallen hard for Brienne, the way he's staring at her and blatantly ignoring Tyrion. My headcanon includes a letter that he left behind, explaining to her that he DID love her but did not want her to feel that she had to leave Sansa (since she was Sansa's knight, sworn to protect her) and change her loyalty. And I picture Brienne pregnant with Jaime's son ... who would be raised as a knight. Brienne ultimately had the love of the man that she loved. And I wouldn't have wanted her to sacrifice that for somebody she didn't love as much as she loved Jaime -- would have been a disservice to HER character. Brienne deserved to be a knight, and the fact that Jaime knighted her proved to everybody (and HER) that he loved her. Jaime gave her everything she ever needed in order to be a knight: sword (Oathkeeper), armor, squire, and finally the knight's status/title of Ser.

From 8x02:

B (sensing his presence by her side, sees him in in peripheral vision): Ser Jaime.
J (bows his head reverently): Lady Brienne.
For a long moment, they silently watch Podrick in a training sword fight against another soldier.
J: He's come a long way.
B (trying to hide how proud she is of her squire, the squire Jaime gave her): He's alright. Still has a lot to learn. (Starts to walk away)
J (following after her): I'm sure you'll teach him.
Brienne looks to him, but says nothing. It's a compliment, but she's not sure what to say.
J: I'm told you're commanding the left flank.
B: I am. It's, uh, good ground.
J: It is.
B: The rise ... it should give us some advantage. If we can keep a tight formation, we might be able to beat them back.
J: Yes. I think you're right.
Tired of the subtext in the conversation, Brienne turns to him, frustrated.
B: What are you doing?
J: What?
B: I think you know.
J: I truly don't.
B: We have never had a conversation last this long without you insulting me. Not once!
J: You want me to insult you?!
B: No!
J: Good.
Jaime is unable to maintain the charade of a casual conversation. He looks away, then looks at her, not sure what to say. She has always been able to see into him, and he knows he can't lie to her.
J: I came to Winterfell because ... (finally looks at her, staring into her eyes) I'm not the fighter I used to be. But I'd be honored to serve under your command. If you'll have me.
The moment is weighted in deep meaning, and she knows what he's saying just as he does. She nods, accepting this, and they stare into each other's eyes for a long moment.
B (unsure what to say, because the moment has become extremely intimate): I better get back. (Jaime bows as she walks away, and he stares after her)

The sexual tension in that discussion was AMAZING!

Another of my favorite moments:

ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-18-2019, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
I'm confused, are you a fan of them or not? Sometimes you sound like you are, other times you sound like you're not, which makes me wonder why you're in their thread
I absolutely loved them together. I just hated that his character growth just.. devolved and went back to like how it was at the beginning of the show.
I wouldn't be in here if I didn't like them. I have the right to be upset about how he treated her in the end. If the writers wanted him to say that he didn't love her anymore, it wasn't worth making it romantic. Her heart got broken and he looked like an .

It would have made so much more sense if they had just kept it at a mutual respect and caring for one another. I'm not the only one who's said that their platonic relationship was nice. I don't see how that means I'm not a fan.

I'm not happy with how things wound up at all. It's one my biggest pet peeves with the show. They messed up all the couples,but they messed this one up almost as bad as Jonerys.

I can look back on the good times and still dislike the ending. I do the same with Jonerys and all the other couples. It's not a big deal.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Let's just keep in mind that appreciation threads are to be kept in a positive vibe, so people that like them have a safe place to post. We appreciate the consideration
Old 05-18-2019, 08:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Loving all the JB fanvids that are being made . There some awesome ones out there. Is there a way to update the OP with some of the most recent moments? Especially the love scene?

ETA: After reviewing the "goodbye" scene, it's clear that Jaime was lying to her. In every scene, he's able to look her in the eye when he means what he says. In the last scene where he's trying to convince her (and himself) that he's hateful, he can't even look her in the eye. Clearly he didn't believe it.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's how I knew that Jaime had totally fallen hard for Brienne, the way he's staring at her and blatantly ignoring Tyrion. My headcanon includes a letter that he left behind, explaining to her that he DID love her but did not want her to feel that she had to leave Sansa (since she was Sansa's knight, sworn to protect her) and change her loyalty. And I picture Brienne pregnant with Jaime's son ... who would be raised as a knight. Brienne ultimately had the love of the man that she loved. And I wouldn't have wanted her to sacrifice that for somebody she didn't love as much as she loved Jaime -- would have been a disservice to HER character. Brienne deserved to be a knight, and the fact that Jaime knighted her proved to everybody (and HER) that he loved her. Jaime gave her everything she ever needed in order to be a knight: sword (Oathkeeper), armor, squire, and finally the knight's status/title of Ser.
Quote:
ETA: After reviewing the "goodbye" scene, it's clear that Jaime was lying to her. In every scene, he's able to look her in the eye when he means what he says. In the last scene where he's trying to convince her (and himself) that he's hateful, he can't even look her in the eye. Clearly he didn't believe it.

I think he loved her truly. He just couldn't stand the thought of his sister dying alone. I do not believe for a second he didn't love Brienne too.

I was speculating that she might be pregnant with his child. We will see in a few hours I guess.

Icon
Old 05-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Not out of the realm of possibility. They were together at least a month ... and it's clear they were definitely NOT celibate .

That would be one way to salvage what's left of this show. Especially of at least one of my OTPs.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-19-2019, 10:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Poor Nikolaj. He was open with his frustrations and his dislike for how his character has been portrayed.
This is a rather out-of-context 'read' on some things that he recently said.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor

Last edited by DigificWriter; 05-19-2019 at 10:33 AM