Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Moderator Manager

I think that if Jaime died fighting for the people or doing something heroic is basically the best ending his character could get, it would prove he really put his heart to fight for the right thing. I'll be okay if he dies... I'll be more sad about Brienne though because I really would love to see her survive in the end
Old 04-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Same. Jaime's done things that made people really angry, like that episode where he raped Cersei. He'll redeem himself if he dies heroically. I'd like for him to be the Kingslayer one more time. I know it'd Arya's heart's desire, but I believe she's meant to kill the Night King.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Moderator Manager

It sure would be poetic in a way if he was the one to kill Cersei I wanted that, specially now that Cersei has sent Bronn to kill him.

To me the worst he's done was push Bran out of that window

Anyways, I can't wait for Brienne to see him in Winterfell honoring his word to come fight against the dead
Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Neither can I. What he did to Bran was just sick. But raping Cersei by Joffrey's grave was messed up.

I don't like that things that weren't rape in the books are rape on the show. I'm on the 2nd one, but I read the original excerpt of the scene. What was the point in both of those?

Then again, I never saw the point of having Sansa replace that storyline with Jeyne Poole. We already saw her suffer at the hands of Joffrey and Cersei. No need to have Ramsay brutalize her. I would have rather it just be the thing with Rickon.

I bothered me so much when Brienne cared more about Stannis than her vow. It was the one time when she did something selfish that Jaime would have.

I hope she defends him on the next episode. Someone has to be on his side. If Tyrion says anything, he'll look bad.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

^Brienne's first vow was to avenge Renly and kill Stanis, so that wasn't breaking her vow.

I really want her to speak up for Jaime in the next episode! It will make sense since Jaime has told her exactly what happened back then
Old 04-19-2019, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Neither can I. What he did to Bran was just sick. But raping Cersei by Joffrey's grave was messed up.

I don't like that things that weren't rape in the books are rape on the show. I'm on the 2nd one, but I read the original excerpt of the scene. What was the point in both of those?

Then again, I never saw the point of having Sansa replace that storyline with Jeyne Poole. We already saw her suffer at the hands of Joffrey and Cersei. No need to have Ramsay brutalize her. I would have rather it just be the thing with Rickon.

I bothered me so much when Brienne cared more about Stannis than her vow. It was the one time when she did something selfish that Jaime would have.

I hope she defends him on the next episode. Someone has to be on his side. If Tyrion says anything, he'll look bad.
I thought I heard somewhere that in the books it was very different and it was a consensual moment between them in an intense moment of grief.

I do think that Jamie will go down fighting for the side of the living. Though another part wonders if he will die taking out Cersei.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it just didn't translate properly on screen, which is why people were so pissed off. Dany's wedding night was one of my favorite scenes. She literally says yes when he says no so many times. Raping Cersei and Dany needlessly made the characters suffer and it made Jaime look like a monster.

If he dies killing Cersei,all will be forgiven.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the books, Drogo went on to rape Daenerys almost nightly after their first consensual wedding night. And the Jaime/Cersei scene in the book is arguably non-consensual. There are people who see it as a rape, if not as violent as the one in the show.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Jaime and Brienne reunite at Winterfell!
Old 04-20-2019, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
In the books, Drogo went on to rape Daenerys almost nightly after their first consensual wedding night. And the Jaime/Cersei scene in the book is arguably non-consensual. There are people who see it as a rape, if not as violent as the one in the show.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Jaime and Brienne reunite at Winterfell!
Really? I read the first book and don't recall that at all. That's disturbing and I don't get how it became a love story. If that happened to me,the act of sex would be destroyed. It's what happened to a character in Outlander.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jaime knighting Brienne!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

That was so sweet
Old 04-22-2019, 07:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Don't crucify me for this, guys, but I don't see Jaime and Brienne's relationship as being one of "unrequited love" from either party.

Gwendoline and Nicolaj have great chemistry, but for me their characters' relationship has always been about respect, compassion, and admiration rather than romantic love, and the knighting scene was about Jaime finally expressing those things - and giving Brienne validation as a peer - in a way that he never could before.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Don't crucify me for this, guys, but I don't see Jaime and Brienne's relationship as being one of "unrequited love" from either party.

Gwendoline and Nicolaj have great chemistry, but for me their characters' relationship has always been about respect, compassion, and admiration rather than romantic love, and the knighting scene was about Jaime finally expressing those things - and giving Brienne validation as a peer - in a way that he never could before.
It' just your opinion. You didn't insult the ship. From what I heard, it's how it was set up in the books. If what you're saying winds up being it, that's fine with me. But much like the rest of people in this thread, I think they're soulmates.

Edited: I just watched it over again and the creators confirmed that she loves him. She doesn't know how to acknowledge it, but she does. He's clueless about it and it's flying over his head.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 04-22-2019 at 08:16 PM
Old 04-23-2019, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww their scenes in the latest eppy