Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

I just read an article called 5 crazy facts about Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie. Most of them were things we already know about her. But two of them I found hard to believe. Like her and her mother both don't know how old she is and. She considered becoming a nun if her acting career had not picked up when it did.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok, I haven't recommended a fic in a while and I'm going bonkers over this today...I don't know if it's already been recommended, but can I just say I am in love with West Eros High by openmouthwideeye (or wideeyed)? This fic series makes me so happy. It's a modern AU, high school, and I know what you're thinking, but it's awesome. It's not complete yet, although she's indicated that it's close, and it has over 60,000 words.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the fic rec!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex (View Post)
I just read an article called 5 crazy facts about Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie. Most of them were things we already know about her. But two of them I found hard to believe. Like her and her mother both don't know how old she is and. She considered becoming a nun if her acting career had not picked up when it did.
I definitely find the nun one hard to believe, just because of how passionate she is about the fashion world. If her acting career hadn't picked up, surely she'd have still been modeling!

"Gentler than Cersei..."

...also,

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

I was thinking the same exact thing kat.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Loved the last one!!!!!

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Addicted Fan

You're welcome guys.

Oh my the last one is hilarious! Thanks for posting Kat!
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Hope all had a lovely weekend!

This dialogue would have been so, SO nice in the show. As well as wet!Jaime.
Quote:

“Yield!” She shoved his head down, held it under, pulled it up. “Yield!” Jaime spit water into her face. A shove, a splash, and he was under again, kicking uselessly, fighting to breathe. Up again. “Yield, or I’ll drown you!”

“And break your oath?” he snarled. “Like me?”

Old 08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

They were so ready to make out in that scene.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Okay I have to ask. When Jaime falls asleep on the weirwood tree and dreams of things like his family abandoning him while brienne stays to protect him. It's believed by many to be a foreshadowing of the future. And that all these events will come to past. But has anyone ever considered that because Jaime dreams of having his hand back too that it might someday be restored as well. What? don't make faces just hear me out. Stranger things have happened. In this magical world were anything should be possible. Okay I know what you guys are going to say that it will never happen because it's not possible. That Jaime probably dreams of having his hand back all the time so it doesn't mean anything. And that you wouldn't want it to happen anyways since you all like handless Jaime more. It was just a crazy thought I had. I have way to much time on my hands.

Last edited by vortex; 08-04-2013 at 08:00 PM
Old 08-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Interesting question! I never thought of that angle!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Okay I have to ask. When Jaime falls asleep on the weirwood tree and dreams of things like his family abandoning him while brienne stays to protect him. It's believed by many to be a for shadowing of the future. And that all these events will come to past. But has anyone ever considered that because Jaime dreams of having his hand back too that it might someday be restored as well. What? don't make faces just hear me out. Stranger things have happened. In this magical world were anything should be possible. Okay I know what you guys are going to say that it will never happen because it's not possible. That Jaime probably dreams of having his hand back all the time so it doesn't mean anything. And that you wouldn't want it to happen anyways since you all like handless Jaime more. It was just a crazy thought I had. I have way to much time on my hands.
IMHO, unless Bran can walk again, he wont have his hand back. A Lannister always pays his debts and Jaime pay with his hand had crippled Bran. That is why in episode 4, Bran dreams with his fall after Jaime loses his hand. The debt was paid

Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Bran again I guess that means he's not Cersei's valonqar. Since it was prophetic that she would be strangled to death. Now I now Jaime is stronger but I don't see Cersei going down so easily. And that would be one awkward fight.

Last edited by vortex; 08-04-2013 at 08:59 PM
Old 08-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I guess that means he's not Cersei's valonqar. Since it was prophetic that she would be strangled to death. Now I now Jaime is stronger but I don't see Cersei going down so easily. And that would be one awkward fight.
Im personally don't believe that Jaime is going to be the valonqar, but is the most popular theory.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

It's like people keep forgetting that Jaime only has one hand that is almost next too useless in a fight.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Loyal Fan

"Take any part of my arm, and you’d best chop off the other one as well, or I’ll strangle you with it afterward."