Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks

The scene when she was crying over Renly was so heartbreaking Gwen is amazing in that scene

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
I've really been looking forward the Brienne's vow to Cat and their interaction in general. Oh I loved that scene. As far as Renly's death goes... Brienne is very... EARNEST. She's very PROUD. I think she takes herself very seriously. She takes being a knight very seriously. There's no halfway with her. She's 1000% in... or eying you cautiously from behind her walls. LOL! So I can see why people might think it's over the top but I think it's perfect for her. She's so wounded. And she's got her emotional armor on. I just... it works for me.
Exactly! And this is why I don't understand how anyone could have seen that scene as over the top.

Then I remember that not everyone has read the books. Brienne loved Renly for a long, long time, and his kindness and respect towards her sealed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
I cried when she cried for Renly. The whole situation breaks my heart. She finally found someone who accepts her as she is and honors her with knighthood. THEN she can't even fight for him. I mean... all her strength and training and ... she couldn't fight!!!
It's like Jaime tells Loras later on..."I have no doubt that she would have fought for Renly, had there been a foe to fight. But a shadow?” Jaime shook his head. “Draw your sword, Ser Loras. Show me how you’d fight a shadow. I should like to see that.”

She was powerless to do anything to save Renly, and for someone like Brienne, that had to be the most frustrating part of all.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Geez, I get all prickly just knowing people said her reaction was too much. I stan for Brienne so hard, I am going to start a Wenchguard. Inevitably she'll have some haters, but I'll make shadow babies to send after them.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Wenchguard! I love it! that should be our name!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
Geez, I get all prickly just knowing people said her reaction was too much. I stan for Brienne so hard, I am going to start a Wenchguard. Inevitably she'll have some haters, but I'll make shadow babies to send after them.
You killing me, Bo.

I agree with Bri, we should name us Wenchguard.

And if some people say sth. against her, anywhere, the Wenchguard will be alarmed and will take care of it. Since you're on tumblr, me & Kat on Westeros and luna is here, we could manage it.

BTW; Welcome to the thread, Emma. It was about bloody time.
I believe soon you'll join us on the Wench & Kingslayer thread and you will say to yourself how you could ever prefered Jamie with Cersei.
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 05-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Hahaha! We are officially The Wenchguard! Fear our mighty love of all things Brienne of Tarth!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Wenchguard! I love it.

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm 13 of us...
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
Wenchguard.

Bo wins the Internet.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

We can all have blue cloaks!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
”A daughter.” Brienne’s eyes filled with tears. “He deserves that. A daughter who could sing to him and grace his hall and bear him grandsons. He deserves a son too, a strong and gallant son to bring honor to his name. Galladon drowned when I was four and he was eight, though, and Alysanne and Arianne died still in the cradle. I am the only child the gods let him keep. The freakish one, not fit to be a son or daughter.”

-x-

Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Ohhh! Brienne!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Poor Brienne!!!!!!!! You still can give him blond grandchildrens.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Loyal Fan

That scene broke my heart. I wanted to reach into the book and hug her. Also, I want to kick Randyll Tarly's ass for the things he said to her. NOBODY TALKS TO BRIENNE OF TARTH THAT WAY!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Brienne of Tarth.

I love this woman so. Just seeing her walking around like Cat's shadow delights me!!! Also the way she deals with disrespect by being so EFFING BIG AND STRONG! Haha! Brienne intimidating others will never get old.

I love the way she read the crowd and gave Cat her POV on Jaime's likelihood of survival. LOL.

Oh and when she checked Karstarks language when he was yelling at Cat! I love that she didn't draw her sword all the way. When she draws her sword, it's to KILL!

ADORE HER.

I am Tyrion's Wench