Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Guys, it's tooooonight! I have so many feelings right now

Aww i'm glad Sophie and Rory have a good working relationship. Reminds me of this pic
Old 05-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm so excited for tonight's episode mainly because of what we will hopefully get with these two
Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Prayer circle for our scene to be as great as it is in the book *crosses fingers*
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Prayer circle!

Old 05-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

muahaha you win
Old 05-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 PM
New Fan

This about sums it up - I hate you HBO!

Absolutely love this fan video, though!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't know how I feel. I thought it was a good scene but compared to the one in the book, it was devoid of so much emotion and intensity.

I can live with the omission of the facial caress because Sandor not having told her about how he got burned, it just wouldn't have the same impact. I can also live with the lack of a song because he's never brought it up to her before like he does in the book, so again, the meaning would have been lost.

But that he didn't leave her his white cloak?! That I just cannot forgive. Why GRRM whyyyy?

On the upside,
"You won't hurt me"
"No little bird, I won't hurt you"

which makes it clear that Sansa sees beyond his Hound persona and that Sandor, despite what he says, would never cause her any harm. And a really nice quiet moment where they just stared at one another and I seriously thought there would be an almost-kiss

But I think Elio over at westeros.org sums it up:

Quote:
“But perhaps the thing that will get the greatest complaints? The scene between Sansa and Sandor. The Hound and the “little bird” have a particularly devoted following, and the show has not exactly lived up to their hopes, paring down and de-emphasizing whatever strange connection there is between the two. The reasons for it may simply be due to the respective ages of the actors and the feeling that what works on the page is not workable on the screen, but whatever the cause, it leaves that scene somewhat short-changed. It’s written and acted very well—and Martin does a fine job with the moment when Sansa takes up her father’s doll, looking for comfort in a memento of him that the producers introduced last season—but the Hound is more restrained and less frightening; Sansa’s refusal to go with him seems to lack the motivation that Martin gives her when she’s terrified by the Hound, covered in stale vomit and blood and wine, stinking drunk and utterly out of control of himself. Instead, he’s drunk, but not roaring drunk; he’s unpleasant, but not truly terrifying. It’s hard to get in her head in that scene, and having more time for it, and having more of the darkness of the Hound that exists in the novels, the barely pent-up rage and terror, might have contributed a great deal. And he should have left his own memento, in retrospect: his torn and bloodied cloak of the Kingsguard, something that Sansa keeps with her through the rest of the series, a connection to him that we realize she doesn’t want to give up.”
Old 05-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

+

I really wish he'd left the cloak. The fact that she keeps it in her chest is so important imo.

I was expecting the scene to be totally toned down though so I wasn't really surprised by it not being as, idk, complete? as the books, but I did like what we got.

However, some of my friends who watch the show but haven't read the books couldn't understand why she didn't leave with him & I do think that because
Spoiler:

& also because Sandor was nowhere near as scary drunk as in the books it makes the fact that she doesn't even consider leaving seem a bit strange.

All the cries
Old 05-28-2012, 09:12 PM
New Fan

I suppose I should be greatful that we got to see the bedroom scene at all. Happening in the last ten minutes of the show like it did, I was beginning to think we'd get nothing. I wonder if perhaps they cut some parts of it as I know they often do with other shows and maybe they will include cut scenes on the dvd. Probably just wistful thinking on my part. Oh well.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Absolutely. Even without Dontos, it would have worked had Sandor been really drunk and emotional because...who can blame her for not going with someone who is obviously unstable right now? But he wasn't like that at all so it didn't particularly ring true.

I guess at that point she truly believed the Lannisters had lost and the one she'd have to deal with is Stannis. Maybe she heard that he's a fair man, etc.

Steam, we do have a deleted scene! Remember the picture that came out of them in the hallway, Sandor leaning over her? I want it! *whines*
Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

The SanSan questions keep on coming

Quote:
Access: One of the things that was so sweet this season was Sandor… his affection for, and protection of Sansa. Will anything continue or is he out the door at the end of 9?

Sophie: I don’t think you see much after Episode 9 of Sandor until next season, but hopefully there will be a development yet again in Sansa and Sandor’s relationship. I love their relationship, I think it’s a very complicated one, but I think it’s very beautiful, in a way, because Sandor’s been through so much and he’s been at the hands of bullying from his older brother, and he’s seeing this happen to Sansa, who is very vulnerable, not in terms of mental ability, but in terms of physicality.

Access: Have you seen the things people put on the internet – they did it to Gendry and Arya. There’s a whole group of fans obsessed with Sandor and Sansa. They gave them a supercouple style combination name – ‘SanSan.’

Sophie: Yeah! I’ve had a lot of Tweets about that – ‘Oh, what’s happening with ‘SanSan’?’ And I didn’t know what it was, so I Googled it, and up pops all these kind of forums and things and I’m like, ‘What is this?’ I think I’m kind of aware of the massive amount of fans that want something to happen between Sansa and Sandor.

Source
Oh my god, the things she must have seen when she googled it
Old 05-29-2012, 10:19 PM
New Fan

!

Sounds like Sophie is a also a shipper of Sansan! Hopefully we will get to see more of both of them next season as she mentions.

THEY BETTER HAVE THAT DELETED SCENE ON THE DVD OR ELSE!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndLoveYelledNO (View Post)

Oh my god, the things she must have seen when she googled it
Poor Sophie!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I know, I want that scene! But they claimed they had no deleted scenes for S1 even though we know they filmed a lot of flashback scenes that they never used so idk *siiiiigh*

I know! Both Sophie and Rory found out about SanSan shippers through the internet. At least whatever they saw didn't freak them out or anything. Sophie gave us that shoutout in S1 DVD

This video is love