Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I doubt that's how it will happen. Jon still has Stark blood and has proven before that he can get burned, so I think with their advisors by their sides they'll make it work.
agreed. Besides, Viserys was also a Targaryen and he still died by fire. Targs are not all flame resistant only the Dragon and we know who this is, right?

Quote:
Some believe the Prince that was Promised will be Azor Ahai reborn. Could the promised prince actually be a princess?
Well, I tend to believe they are two different people so I can see Jon being Azor Ahai (considering the events with the Others) and I've always thought Daenerys was the Princess that was Promised since the prophecies fit her storyline to a T.
Besides, if I'm not mistaken, the only one in the book who talks about both as if they were one is Melisandre and let's be honest, she doesn't have the best track record of being right when it comes to prophecies

Quote:
I wonder if them showing euron as uber-strong and skilled fighter (that without a problem can kill several men/women at once), as a set-up for some one on one duel against either jon snow or brienne?
I doubt it because Brienne is nowhere near KL and Jon will have other things to worry about, imo. He doesnt much care about politics and is more worried about the Others than about Cersei and her allies.

I would really love it if this superEuron setup was leading to him dying a pitiful death, poisoned by the Vipers getting the last laugh from beyond the grave. It would fit the recurring pattern in the show that being strong and tough isn't everything. Being smart will keep you alive much longer.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-31-2017, 02:15 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I finally watched this episode yesterday right before episode 3 aired on HBO. Thankfully this was on HBO2. I somewhat understand why Jon is protective of Sansa, though she is a grown woman who seems to be capable of taking care of herself. I will say that it's nice that Sansa is close apparently to Jon, but from what I remember of this series & I've seen I think each episode & these 2 aren't actually as close as some brothers & sisters are. Cetainly not as close as Jaime & Cersei are, though in that case it's I guess understandable why they wouldn't be. Plus as far as I know Jon & Stansa are not even related by blood or marriage. Who is Sansa's mom by the way? Because looking back I think she's the only redhead in the Stark family.

Finally as I think a question that hasn't been answered yet is, will Arya stop attempting to kill everybody? I hope so.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I finally watched this episode yesterday right before episode 3 aired on HBO. Thankfully this was on HBO2. I somewhat understand why Jon is protective of Sansa, though she is a grown woman who seems to be capable of taking care of herself. I will say that it's nice that Sansa is close apparently to Jon, but from what I remember of this series & I've seen I think each episode & these 2 aren't actually as close as some brothers & sisters are. Cetainly not as close as Jaime & Cersei are, though in that case it's I guess understandable why they wouldn't be. Plus as far as I know Jon & Stansa are not even related by blood or marriage. Who is Sansa's mom by the way? Because looking back I think she's the only redhead in the Stark family.

Finally as I think a question that hasn't been answered yet is, will Arya stop attempting to kill everybody? I hope so.

Sansa's mom is Catelyn Tully, Ned's wife. Mum of Robb, Arya, Bran and Rickon as well.
Jon's officially the only Stark boy around who can't say she's his mum. Ned always let people believe he had Jon with some other random woman.
Last season we finally saw that he grew up as Ned's bastard although Ned's only actually his uncle.
Jon's mum was Lyanna. Ned's sister. Lyanna had Ned promising her he would protect her son. And so he did.

He took his promise so seriously he never told Catelyn about Jon's real mother. He lied also to her to keep the promise he made to his sister.

Icon
Old 05-21-2019, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was an amazing episode! I loved it. I love how everything is FINALLY coming together. It was much stronger than the premiere imo.

I really loved having all of my favorite characters in the same room… We had Dany, Tyrion, Varys, Olenna, Yara and Theon! How cool. This scene with V/D was really cool and I love how she questioned him and he had great answers. That Dany and Olenna scene was great too. Her whole "sheep" scene was so great. Tyrion standing up for Dany was great.

Misandei and Grey Worm are cute but IDK, i just never got invested in them or cared about their SL.

Arya knows that her brother is alive and king of the north! I am so happy when she heard that news and she decided to go home. Seeing hot pie again was great. I bet anything she will get there and he will have already left which is a bummer. But hopefully she can reunite with Sansa. I also thought it was cool that she saw Nymeria again. I've been wanting that for a while! A bit confused on what she meant by 'thats not you'. Did she mean, she's just not the same as she once was?

Sam helping Jorah was SO GREAT! I hope it works, but man it looked horrific, I had to fastfoward those scenes.

I love Jon Snow so much. And it’s so cool that he is going to go and meet Dany!!! I like that he didn’t listen to anybody and stuck to his guns. It was also great that he made Sansa the leader because that is exactly how it should go. I hope that she does a good job. The scene between John and Baelish was really cool as well and I like that he put him in his place! I love seeing new characters interact.

The ending battle scenes were intense… I love Theon and so I’m glad he survived but what was that? Jumping into the water? I thought maybe he had another plan but I guess not. He just abandoned his sister? Although I’m not really sure what else he could have done in the situation. Did she die?
Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
The ending battle scenes were intense… I love Theon and so I’m glad he survived but what was that? Jumping into the water? I thought maybe he had another plan but I guess not. He just abandoned his sister? Although I’m not really sure what else he could have done in the situation. Did she die?
He had a huge PSTD moment..it's unfortunate. Yara seemed to expect it as well. It was sad.

Icon
Old 05-22-2019, 05:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Arya knows that her brother is alive and king of the north! I am so happy when she heard that news and she decided to go home. Seeing hot pie again was great. I bet anything she will get there and he will have already left which is a bummer. But hopefully she can reunite with Sansa. I also thought it was cool that she saw Nymeria again. I've been wanting that for a while! A bit confused on what she meant by 'thats not you'. Did she mean, she's just not the same as she once was?
It's a call back to when Ned is telling Arya that she will be a Lady, and get married and have children.. and she says that's not her. I think Arya understood that Nymeria is free and doesn't want to just follow her around anymore.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

ahhh yeah that makes more sense!

I did see that little flash Theon had but didnt really understand it at the time, but I get it now. Poor Theon. I've always loved him and been a big fan of him. Its too bad we haven't gotten much more of him since season 5 though.