Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

looking good there

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

So some lucky someone got to see the premiere last night, and had a tidbit about Michiel's Daario (MAJOR spoilers, enter that link at your own risk!):

Spoiler:

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

read it and it sounds very promising
thanks for posting!

Spoiler:
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I need to be added, please.

Love Michiel, I think he's going to be a fantastic Daario.
Besides looking great, he's a good actor.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Added you!

I've only ever seen him on Nashville, but I LOVE him on that, he's so damn sexy!

Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: Michiel Huisman says Daario is different, and that’s OK - Zap2it
Quote:
Michiel Huisman might be a new actor on "Game of Thrones" in Season 4, but he's playing a familiar character. The "Nashville" star replaced Ed Skrein as Daenerys Targaryen's new ally Daario Naharis in between Seasons 3 and 4, and his character has a very different look than the previous iteration.

According to Huisman, that was never a cause for concern with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. They felt that the introduction of Daario 2.0 in the show is clear enough that the audience will be able to figure out quickly who he is, and Huisman agrees. Zap2it spoke with Huisman recently about his introduction to the series and what viewers can expect in Season 4 and beyond.
No real spoilers in the article...good interview w/him!

Quote:
The character of Daario looks very different in the books with his blue hair and gold-tipped mustachios. Since you guys were sort of starting over from what Ed did in Season 3, was there any discussion of having your Daario look more flamboyant?
No, there were never any discussions of that sort. I think, obviously, the show follows the books, but it's not the books. It's the show. So no, it was very clear that there was no way, I think. Daario in the books even has a blue beard -- no. That character's translated to the TV show. And I don't think they ever considered a blue beard, just because he can be described in the book and you can have the image of the character and that's one thing, but then when you see on a TV show this brutal guy [laughs], this tough guy with a blue beard, it might not work. You know what I mean?

Even in the book it didn't always work, in my opinion.
[laughs] Blue? Really?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

looking good
Old 03-20-2014, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He's totally my type
Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can live with the new Daario very well although I hate recasts.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He's looking good
Old 03-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Daario Going To 'Challenge' Daenerys Targaryen In New Episodes? [VIDEO] : TV/Reality TV : ENSTARZ
Quote:
"I think it's just very cleverly written and very clear from the very first episode that I'm Daario," Huisman said, when asked about potential confusion. "I think that's not a concern."

Daario could be getting a little more aggressive with his advances towards Dany in season 4, based on Huisman's comments.

"Daario is a very direct character, and doesn't necessarily tread lightly where other characters might be a little more politically correct when dealing with their leader," Huisman said. "That's a little challenging for Dany."

Huisman also teased that Daario's relationship with Dany is something that will be exciting to see going forward in season 4. Luckily for Huisman, the actor was confirmed to be a series regular in season 5, indicating that he'll be on the show for a while.
Hmmmm...seems to suggest that Daario/Dany nekkid!sexy times will be happening this season!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fingers crossed
Old 03-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Fingers, toes AND eyes crossed!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

(I recognize you from the Skate thread from ages ago )
Old 03-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Good grief, that was another lifetime!