Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Daario Naharis | Ed Skrein/Michiel Huisman #1: "My sword is yours. My life is yours. My love is yours."

Welcome to the Daario Naharis
(Michiel Huisman/Ed Skrein)
Appreciation Thread

Dany laughed. She liked the swagger she saw in this Daario Naharis. “Draw your sword and swear it to my service.”

In a blink, Daario’s arakh was free of its sheath.
His submission was as outrageous as the rest of him, a great swoop that brought his face down to her toes.

“Then live,” Dany said, “and fight for me tonight.”

Supporters:
  1. IceKat55
  2. powerfully
  3. baelfire24
  4. keroppi
  5. {worshipfulness}
  6. Lutesse
  7. Green eyed stone
  8. LxieGrey
  9. Rickylious
  10. starshine7
  11. sourburst
  12. KeepThisaSecret

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 05-12-2015 at 04:06 PM
Old 05-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Not gonna ask to be added because I still don't really trust him... but I just wanted to say Ed Skrein looks fineeee on the show. Didn't expect that when I googled him... still wish he'd have blue hair though...
Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieManiac (View Post)
Not gonna ask to be added because I still don't really trust him... but I just wanted to say Ed Skrein looks fineeee on the show. Didn't expect that when I googled him... still wish he'd have blue hair though...
I don't trust him either, but am REALLY hoping he'll prove me wrong. And this guy is freakin' PERFECT, even without the hair (which bothered me in the initial still shots I saw...not so much now!)

He nailed Daario's swagger, and that voice could melt butter!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm hoping he will prove me wrong as well. If only for Dany's sake. And yeah his voice is lovely as well
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Love the way he 'swoops his arakh'...

Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i don't trust him either but he was so damn hot
Ed Skrein - we have a new eye candy now
Old 05-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definately think he is an interesting character. It's funny with Daario because the book readers wether love or hate him. I'm at the party who liked him so I guess I can be added to the list?
And Ed Skrein is so freaking HOT I loved the bath scene with him and Dany, so many sexiness in the air
Old 05-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i just found this comment on winter is coming and somehow there's something true in this lines. do you think this is even possible? That Daario might be Jaqen?

Quote:
I don’t want to get into book spoilers too much, but regarding some of the theories about Daario, I noticed some things in this episode… Maybe I’m crazy, but they stood out to me nonetheless.

Not a widely accepted theory by any means, but one I’ve seen multiple times, is the idea that Daario is a Faceless Man, and possibly Jaqen. In the books he has a hooked nose, curly hair, and a gold tooth — same as Jaqen’s second face and the Alchemist who arrives in Oldtown (when Daario is away from Dany on a diplomatic mission).

Now, in the show, Jaqen’s second face looked completely different, and so does Daario. Not the same, obviously, but they both have reddish hair and broad faces.

But what stood out to me was Daario’s use of the phrase Valar Morghulis while holding a Braavosi coin (same thing we last saw Jaqen doing in S2), and then later referring to Missandei as “lovely girl,” which is the same thing Jaqen always called Arya.

Maybe I’m crazy and just seeing connections where there are none, but… I still see them there, real or not.

credit: http://winteriscoming.net/2013/05/ep...ecap/#comments
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
do you think this is even possible? That Daario might be Jaqen?
It’s an interesting theory, but Oldtown is half of the world away from Yunkai/Meereen/Lhazar/etc. How could Daario travel to Oldtown, then return to Essos, fulfill Dany’s orders, and come back to Dany in such a short time?
Spoiler:
Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
i don't trust him either but he was so damn hot
Ed Skrein - we have a new eye candy now
In the absence of Tom/Jaqen, this new boy will do in a pinch!

Quote:
i just found this comment on winter is coming and somehow there's something true in this lines. do you think this is even possible? That Daario might be Jaqen?
There's a pretty good thread on the Westeros.org forums with evidence for and against Daario/Jaqen being the same person. As a huge Jaqen fan, I hope not. Because I trust Jaqen, and want him waiting for Arya somewhere, to pick up where Syrio left off. I don't yet trust Daario, as yummy as he is (both in the books, and on screen.) Dany knows she's foolish to trust him, but apparently he's just that irresistible & good in the sack. If he betrays her, it's gonna sting badly, and personally, I don't want Jaqen to be responsible for that.

ETA: Yeah, I can see why Dany would want to hit that.

Last edited by IceKat055; 05-20-2013 at 05:45 AM
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks gyus for your opinion and IceKat for the link. i visited the board and it's really interesting to read all those theories. in game of thrones every theory sounds logical and at the same time not

regarding to Daario i think more things speak against that theory. especially the arguement with his behaviour. Jaqen speaks in rimes and Daario is direct and open. and i'm a huge Jaqen fan as well and hope he'll be still in his Tom Wlaschia shape and not Daario.

Dany and Daario would be very hot together.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Banned

I don't like him with his smile.
I just want to take my frying pan and hit hard on his face until his smile disappear.
But thank you to have killed this Mero.
And yes the theory is interesting but no he's not Jaquen....not Jaquen please.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Dany and Daario would be very hot together.
Yes. They will be. It is known.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IceKat thanks for adding me and it's cool you support Daario too.
I always thought you don't like Dany that much but with Daario you do right?
Yep they will be very hot together. Just look at the hot looks already!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
IceKat thanks for adding me and it's cool you support Daario too.
I always thought you don't like Dany that much but with Daario you do right?
Yep they will be very hot together. Just look at the hot looks already!
Oh no, I love Dany! She's one of my fave POV characters in the books! I was very disappointed with her story in S2, and I didn't feel that Emilia was doing much more than phoning in her performance that season (but then, she didn't have much decent source material to work with - one can only scream "I will take what is mine!" or "where are my dragons?" so many times before it gets tedious), but this season she's been killing it. Her acting seems so much better!

I love book! and show!Dany/Drogo, and will always mourn him (and the casting job they gave us on the show), but I think it's pretty obvious that Drogo will never return to her. And I love her with Daario in the books - her crush on him, but also realizing that he probably can't be trusted, illustrates both sides of her; the young lust-filled girl, and the wary Queen.

I just hope that, since GRRM did present Daario as very shady and possibly untrustworthy (and with as many times as Dany thinks about
Spoiler:

that Daario will prove himself to be one of her most trusted allies in the end. Not sure they'll end up together, though, since he may well "die young". But I'd rather it be Daario! I can't see her ending up with
Spoiler:

Plus, he is BAD ASS.