Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Oh no, I love Dany! She's one of my fave POV characters in the books! I was very disappointed with her story in S2, and I didn't feel that Emilia was doing much more than phoning in her performance that season (but then, she didn't have much decent source material to work with - one can only scream "I will take what is mine!" or "where are my dragons?" so many times before it gets tedious), but this season she's been killing it. Her acting seems so much better!
Good to know then I wasn't quiet sure so I just thought i'll ask you. but i know you adore Jaime/Brienne don't you?
Agree, her storyline wasn't good in season 2, it was one of the weakest. But in season 3 is more than compensate for season 2 and agree she's rocking this season so much!

Loved Daario in the books as well. I'm not mad that he hasn't a blue beard and golden teeth or whatever. Ed Skrein is such a hottie!

That's also a reason why i like their relationship:

Spoiler:

I think Khal Drogo was perfect for her but he is dead an she has to move on. Jorah is too old for Dany and i like their friendship but nothing more. And i don't buy all this Jon/Dany stuff as well, so yeah, it's Daario
I just hope he doesn't die young but he's a great warrior who doesn't spare a battle. But you can never tell what GRRM has in mind right?

OMG that gif already looks epic. So looking forward to the next episode and seeing Daario in action. After Nik and Tom we finally have another hottie in Game of Thrones
Old 05-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
Good to know then I wasn't quiet sure so I just thought i'll ask you. but i know you adore Jaime/Brienne don't you?
"adore" - - that's putting it mildly!

Quote:
Agree, her storyline wasn't good in season 2, it was one of the weakest. But in season 3 is more than compensate for season 2 and agree she's rocking this season so much!

Loved Daario in the books as well. I'm not mad that he hasn't a blue beard and golden teeth or whatever. Ed Skrein is such a hottie!
The thread over at the Westeros.org forums has a pretty good back & forth discussion about that - - fandom seems to be split right down the middle on the lack of blue hair/gold tooth. I still think it would have looked rather clownish and been too distracting on-screen, but many really wanted to see it done.

I'm perfectly content with their choice.

“I count no day as lived unless I have loved a woman, slain a foeman, and eaten a fine meal… ”

Quote:
That's also a reason why i like their relationship:

Spoiler:
I waffle on this. When Dany
Spoiler:

Quote:
I think Khal Drogo was perfect for her but he is dead an she has to move on. Jorah is too old for Dany and i like their friendship but nothing more. And i don't buy all this Jon/Dany stuff as well, so yeah, it's Daario
I just hope he doesn't die young but he's a great warrior who doesn't spare a battle. But you can never tell what GRRM has in mind right?

Daario all the way! Unless he betrays her. Then I probably won't much mourn him.

Quote:
OMG that gif already looks epic. So looking forward to the next episode and seeing Daario in action. After Nik and Tom we finally have another hottie in Game of Thrones
Nice of the showrunners to keep us in mind!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i think you're the biggest Jaime/Brienne fan i know IceKat

Ed Skrein looks so fine and the looks he gave Dany...

credit: http://****yeahemiliaclarke.tumblr.com

Jaime, Jon, Robb and now Daario... so much hotness
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I think Daario's cool so far but...he shouldn't be messing with the Jorah/Dany ship.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i think you're the biggest Jaime/Brienne fan i know IceKat
They are flawless.

It is known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
Ed Skrein looks so fine and the looks he gave Dany...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b4215f7d5...xo2_r2_500.gif

credit: http://****yeahemiliaclarke.tumblr.com

Jaime, Jon, Robb and now Daario... so much hotness
Oooooh, pretty!! Can't wait to get into ADwD territory on the show...it's gonna get HAWT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
I think Daario's cool so far but...he shouldn't be messing with the Jorah/Dany ship.
Just curious, have you read the books?

ETA: LOL @ Dany's face, pretty obviously thinking "I am SO gonna hit that!"

Last edited by IceKat055; 05-23-2013 at 09:31 AM
Old 05-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Nope, I haven't read a single chapter from any of the books. I think I MIGHT have read the first sentence of the first book though. The ONLY things I know about the series are what's been shown on TV.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

OK. I'm just wondering if we need to spoiler-tag anything in regards to Daario's pending interactions w/Dany (and Jorah, for that matter)?

Old 05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, as long as it's not something that gives away anything, then I'll trust everybody's judgment. You guys have been pretty good about things so far during my time checking out this part of the forum, so if you feel something's okay to talk about in here, then I'm fine with it.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)

ETA: LOL @ Dany's face, pretty obviously thinking "I am SO gonna hit that!"

I loved their expressions in that episode
Old 06-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

He was GOOD tonight. And taking Dany's hand, running it across the map...

Old 06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

I don't mind the character in the books but the actor they cast really really reaaaaaally doesn't do it for me. Neither for the character, nor for the "it"

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally liked him in this episode and I think that Ed is doing a good job.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So trusting Daario was a good thing for Dany i guess
Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

This time......
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Master Fan