Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Exactly.

Yes it's different from the book, but Cat had a similarly compelling reason to release Jaime. Brienne stated it last week: "the Kingslayer won't last the night."

If Karstark & Co had killed Jaime, Cat knew that, as soon as word of his death reached KL, Sansa & Arya were as good as tarred heads on a spike. So she took action.
It's actually more reasonable than in the book in that way!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have to re-watch before i comment more but.... Jaime and Brienne

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kender (View Post)
And that's all you need to say.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes i really liked Jaime and Brienne, loved their banter, they are such an odd couple but are so good together

Poor Theon is still digging himself deeper in a hole as Asha, sorry, Yara, pointed out to him but i liked that she showed him, in her own way that she does care about him.

Jon now has more to be emo about now that the other rangers have been killed while looking for him.

Glad that Grenn, Edd & Sam found the dragon glass, was starting to think they were going to leave that out as it was originally Ghost & Jon who found them before Jon left with Quorin & the rangers.

Robb has been a naughty boy Don't blame him, we've seen what the Frey's look like

Not so happy with Cat, yes i understand why she did it, but way to undermine Robb's authority and to cause conflict with his bannermen.

No weasel soup

And the other odd couple i like is Tyrion and Bronn with a bit of Varys. Tyrion should probably just ask Bronn how to defend the city as he clearly knows more about battles and sieges as he pointed out and it doesn't matter how much your read about it, someone with actual experience is so much better.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kender (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
And that's all you need to say.
I second that!

Honestly that was def. the best part of the ep, which was overall not a good one.

Quote:
Poor Theon is still digging himself deeper in a hole as Asha, sorry, Yara, pointed out to him but i liked that she showed him, in her own way that she does care about him.
Yes, that was a great scene, love the attitude of Asha and you could tell that she really cared for her brother, his fault that he didn't take her advise, it would caused lesser problems.

Quote:
Glad that Grenn, Edd & Sam found the dragon glass, was starting to think they were going to leave that out as it was originally Ghost & Jon who found them before Jon left with Quorin & the rangers.
This made me excited, I was glad that they didn't cut it out, since it's an important discovery, which the readers are very aware of. And it was so cool, that they have shapes of knives.
And we should not forget to mention Dolorous Edd, who's presence just make the icy atmosphere much more hotter.
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 05-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

Dolorous Edd owns my soul.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Just got caught up...
  • Would it be weird if I had the opening credits score as my ringtone? LOL
  • I CAN'T GET OVER THE ROBB/TALISA SEX!!! WOOHOO!!! OMG THE SQUEEING THAT WENT ON IN MY ROOM!!!
  • And aww, Daenerys and Joreh. I'm creying.
  • LOL Jamie and Brienne
  • LMFAO Cersei had the wrong whore! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • But I did like that girl. Poor her.
  • Jaqen, just let me love you.
  • I hope Arya goes to Robb.
  • OMG Joffrey is such a pompous assbutt.
  • I don't even want to discuss Jon because I'm starting to hate him because of Ygritte. I love Robb more right now.
  • Aww, poor Bran I want to hug him so bad.
  • LOL Theon got bitchslapped over and over by his sister!
  • Daenerys should just go all Dark Phoenix on Qarth and burn that mutha****a down! I'm guessing she has powers but she hasn't harnessed them yet. Or maybe she needs her dragons to wield them?
  • Cat, you stupid woman!
  • Robb, just go back to Winterfell already and kill Theon!
  • Thank God one of my ships are off to a great start
Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I knew Bran and Rickon weren't dead, not b/c I've read the books (I haven't) but b/c there were too many clues that made me think that those burned bodies were the boys we saw running around at the farm.
And with the way things are being portrayed on the show, there is no way they wouldn't have spared the scene with the boys being burned if they were two Starks.

Quote:
Even though Theon didn't actually kill Bran or Rickon, I need him to die a horrible painful death for being a cowardly little weasel who sounds no better than Joffrey most of the time. It's like he's a child stomping his feet wanting daddy to pay attention to him.
he's insufferable. At this point he's even worse than Joffrey because he is harming people who were only ever good to him and for what? to puff up his chest and look like a big man to strangers? Please. Like Asha said, there's a lot of honor in killing two kids and taking a castle that's guarded by a few peasants. Go take on Robb and then we'll talk about how great a warrior you are.

Quote:
I can't be mad at Catelyn for releasing Jaime. To me, I felt like it was something that any mother would do if it would save her children.
Exactly. I thought it was beautifully shown in that scene with Robb getting pissed at her. They are all in this for revenge and to avenge their dead. She's thinking about the living. She loved her husband and she wants the Lannisters punished. But not more than she wants her children safe. What's the point in killing Jaime?

Quote:
Not so happy with Cat, yes i understand why she did it, but way to undermine Robb's authority and to cause conflict with his bannermen.
He couldn't have let them kill Jaime anyway. He was a hostage to be traded for the girls and that guy wanted him killed because he killed his son?

Quote:
(Oh, and I was also happy to see Yara Asha being a little more Asha-like in this episode.)
she was awesome. And right. And she could have humiliated him but she didn't. She only spoke the truth.

Quote:
Yes i really liked Jaime and Brienne, loved their banter, they are such an odd couple but are so good together
she is all that he isn't or doesn't know that he is, in the best way possible.

Quote:
LMFAO Cersei had the wrong whore! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
But I did like that girl. Poor her.
poor Roz. It's going from bad to worse for her. First she does Theon then Pycelle then she gets threatened by Little Finger, then Joffrey happens and now this?

Quote:
Couldn't they hire a few more extras or add some with cgi?
That's a lot of money and the show is already crazy expensive. It requires a little suspension of disbelief. I think they are doing pretty well with what they have.

Quote:
Don't get me started on Rob's romance, which is extremely boring
Too bad you find it boring because it's going to have huge consequences on the storyline.

Quote:
That was really, really, really, bad. Might have to cut this show loose after this season ends. What a disappointment.
No offense, really but what keeps you watching? I'm just curious.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

she is all that he isn't or doesn't know that he is, in the best way possible.
I'm just going to quote this and make happy squeaky noises...
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

sorry wrong thread
Old 05-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm just going to quote this and make happy squeaky noises...
it's not going to make sense to anyone but us though

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

-The Greyjoys were kind of dull. Mostly because I knew Bran and Rickon were still alive. I do like that the show gave the two boys who were killed a bit of a back story. They didn't have one in the books as far as I can remember.

-Oddly enough, I enjoyed the Davos/Stannis scene. It was exposition, but it was needed and well done.

-Robb/Talisa. I'm glad I ship them because now the Red Wedding will have some weight for me.

-Jaime/Brienne. I think Nikolaj and Gwendoline are doing a great job with it.

-I watched the scenes twice but I can barely remember the Daenerys story. But I am liking Jorah/Daenerys.

-I loved that the episode had so much Varys. And Tyrion's cleverness, and how it's going to lead to Blackwater.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Nikolaj and Gwendoline are amazing and have incredible chemistry

I really like Jorah and how his relationship with Daenerys is portrayed.

Tyrion and Varys are awesome
Old 05-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Decent episode. Not the greatest. Episodes are always consistent but I want more to happen. Expecting a lot from the finale 2 episodes and curious to see what season 3 entails. I am getting a bit tired of all the seperaton though, I really want to at least see the Starks back together.

Cersei is so awful. Glad she had the wrong "whore" but I am a bit worried for Shae. The conversation with Tyrion and Varys was super funny. I love those two together. They should def. be more concerned about Dany.

Joffrey continues to be an idiot.

Loved the Brienne/Jaime scenes a lot. Hes so rude to her but they are super fun to watch.

I can see Catelyns POV completely. She doesnt care about the throne and all of that, she just wants her kids back. Don't really blame her, shes been without them for a long time and has no idea how they are being treated.

Robb/Talisa are really cute. I don ship them a whole lot but it's to see him finding some happiness.

Jon's SL is a bit lame right now and same with Dany. I want more to happen there.

Still loving Arya's storyline and glad they seem to have finally escaped! I love her scenes with Jaqen and also Gendry. It seemed maybe he was a wee bit jealous or something there when Arya said she needed him.

2 more to go then onto season 3. Will probably finish 3 and 4 this coming week lol.