Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

add me please

Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndLoveYelledNO (View Post)
A lot of people were upset but you know they have more scenes to come, some arguably even more memorable, so we have that to look forward to!
Yeah, I heard that as well, but still... I thought that was a really nice first scene between them.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 AM
New Fan

I don't know, I'd have preferred the scene to be in there, but I'm not that upset it was cut. I feel a lot of later scenes reflect the atmosphere of that one ... Though of course it would have been nicer to see the first one included as well, considering the importance of the subject.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just thought it would have been a nice balance between Sansa initially fearing Sandor, then after that scene her views on him change.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 AM
New Fan

Well, change ... Sansa still fears Sandor after that scene. However, I agree that scene adjusted Sansa's view of Sandor.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, learning about Sandor's past was a lot more horrific and emotional coming from him. It really made it clear just how angry this man is. And it was interesting how that scene could make Sansa, and us, feel so terrified of him but at the same time pity him for what was done to him and what he has become.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_1221 (View Post)
Well, change ... Sansa still fears Sandor after that scene. However, I agree that scene adjusted Sansa's view of Sandor.
I'll take your word for it. XD I only got up to a bit after that part haha so all I know is that her thoughts on him changed at that point.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

I think its hard not to fear him he is not the most gentle man but that's part of what makes the dynamic so interesting, his life experiences have made him this really bitter person, rightly so, and he is intrigued but also angered by Sansa's innocence because to him no one should be so innocent but on the other hand he envies that innocence

does that even make sense

Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It does. I think in a way he also takes pleasure in scaring Sansa, meanwhile Sansa, who was raised well by her family in the manners of court, is trying not to offend. (at least from just the part I read )
Old 07-13-2011, 08:21 AM
New Fan

Oh yes, I totally agree with you guys. And indeed, it does seem like he takes a special pleasure in scaring Sansa - it's very much that way in the books. And yes, he's definitely intrigued and angered by her innocence. It seems to me like he's always conflicted around Sansa.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Rinslet, yes Sansa with all her manners tries not to offend him and that angers him more I think

Quote:
he's definitely intrigued and angered by her innocence. It seems to me like he's always conflicted around Sansa.
sometimes I think Sandor represents the reader in Sansa's story, they're intrigued by her but also angered by her, they want her to stop being so innocent but they also envy and miss the innocence she has at the beginning because her losing that means everything going to hell

Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
sometimes I think Sandor represents the reader in Sansa's story, they're intrigued by her but also angered by her, they want her to stop being so innocent but they also envy and miss the innocence she has at the beginning because her losing that means everything going to hell
That's an interesting theory

Chrissy |
Old 07-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo (View Post)
Rinslet, yes Sansa with all her manners tries not to offend him and that angers him more I think

Agreed with that regard... at least back when I was watching the show, I felt that way towards her.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinslet (View Post)
Agreed with that regard... at least back when I was watching the show, I felt that way towards her.
yeah I think most start that way and then towards the end of the books its like please don't loose all your innocence, please

here's a gif

Old 07-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can already see her fairy tale gears turning.