Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Castle Episode Discussion Thread 5.01 - After the Storm

Castle 5.01 - "After the Storm"
Original Airdate: September 24th, 2012 @ 10PM

Episode Summary
After four seasons of “will they” or “won’t they,” Richard Castle and Kate Beckett finally gave in to their feelings for each other in the much anticipated Season 4 finale. Season 5 picks up on the proverbial morning after, with Castle and Beckett facing new questions—was this a one-time fling, or are they now a couple? But before they find the answers, they must take on the forces responsible for Beckett’s mother’s murder that now threatens Kate Beckett’s life.
source: abc.com

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Copop; 05-01-2023 at 02:05 AM
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread hun
Old 09-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, prepare for 10 pages in this thread, i predict that we will go a little bit nuts after watching this episode

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

yorue welcome

and the more the better

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure there will be a ton of pages to this thread
Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Yep I'm sure this will be a long thread. Only one day to go!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

tftnt I'm so excited to finally see the episode.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Castle Day
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddisonLove (View Post)
Happy Castle Day
Is it true? Is it really Castle friggin' Monday after almost 4.5 months?! Yes it is!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
pwthepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

youre welcome guys

and yes happy castle monday. wow. its been long since we said that

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the opening scenes before the credits.

Good ending! I wonder how they will spend the time off while she's on suspension

Last edited by lancer1993; 09-24-2012 at 07:03 PM
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lol yes it's been a really long time since we've said that

Almost time, I can't wait
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What taking so long for others to watch, is there no one on the east coast?

As I said about it was a good return, fun is somewhat predictable first scene but it was nice to get some answers to the main story for last season.

Just wish we has some more alone time for them, hopefully next week well get more of that
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

My review of the episode

I have so many feelings about this show. I know my flist thinks I'm cray cray. But, this show is just epic. Andrew Marlowe is an amazing writer and I can't get over how this show keeps getting better. It's season freaking 5 and it's only getting better

The highs
The whole murder angle. I love the fact that there was a second file and Smith is just kind of awesome. He will be missed. Maddox's death was really surprising
The sibling rivalry between Espo and Ryan
Ryan basically being awesome and level headed while still being a great friend
Castle and Beckett and how they are both trying to stuff each other in post-sex closets. Lulz
Castle and Beckett still having that chem and working relationship that makes them awesome
Gates cause bitch is keeping it real. Love her
Beckett giving the smackdown to the senator and basically blackmailing him while Castle, Espo and Ryan think she's gone off the deep end
Basically everything was a high. The only Low would be no Lainey. Me want lainey.

The promo is hilarious. That's what you get for dating a cop (on the downlow) Castle. Expect her to pull a gun on other girls. Basically it was a super intense episode. I love how they moved along the momma murder plot without it dragging down the show. You know it may eventually wrap or not (but either way Beckett has started to put it in a place). I just loved all the twists and turns and all of these actors are amazing. It just amazes me that there is a showrunner out there who knows what he's doing and who doesn't pander to fan, but still gives them what they need to see. He didn't overdose us on fluff. It just gives me faith that good writing still exists. Showrunners take a page from Marlowe and stop the artificiality, believe in your craft and your characters and the audience will follow.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the season premiere earlier tonight from start to finish and i absolutely loved it. It was a great hour of television.

First of all, the morning after scene with Castle and Beckett was a great way to start things. It was so great to see them in the afterglow of their special night together. Of course not surprisingly it got interrupted by Martha and Alexis coming back home. Castle was behaving like a teenager, trying to hide Kate from his mother.

I loved seeing the team back together working on the case. They were especially great when they were working in piecing together the remains of the files. That there showed their amazing attention to detail.

Not surprisingly there was still a lot of tension between Ryan and Esposito. The guys did a good job of putting aside their differences to help Kate, however there`s still a lot of stuff for them to sort out. While i hate seeing Javy and Kevin still on bad terms, i do like that TPTB are dragging it out a bit, which makes it more realistic and gives us a great payoff when they reconcile.

Also the action scene were great to watch. They had me on the edge of my seat, especially during the confrontation between Kate and Javy and Maddox. I was like when the explosion happened.

Of course the best scene in the episode is definitely the confrontation between Kate and the senator. It was such an epic scene where Kate and the senator matched wits and tried to bluff each other, with Kate ultimately coming out on top with the wild card of the second file. Kate did such a great job of outwitting the senator and blackmailing him. Plus that smack in the face was so perfectly done. I was like when Kate smacked that jerk. That scene perfectly showed the new steely resolve from Kate, who finally took control and wasn`t going to let herself be victimized anymore. Stana was absolutely amazing in that scene. She perfectly brought out all of Kate`s emotions in it. Seriously that scene alone is proof of why Stana should at least be nominated for next year`s Emmys and a bunch of other awards.

I don`t know what else is there to say other than tonight`s episode was a great way to start the new season. It was well worth the long wait.