Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Aww don’t let that bring you down. Plus I’m on the heavier side too so...I couldn’t believe how much I gained in 4 years. If you’re trying to loose it just try to be healthier I don’t even know if that actually works though I have a hard time giving up the carbs
Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
I tried to weigh myself at my part time job yesterday. I went just to use the scale not work. We have a gym in the place I work and it the scale was in kilograms. I was like am I in Europe? I had to convert the KG to pounds on my computer to know how fat I am. I prefer to see it in KG than pounds. It is way smaller.
That's true..! I'm always confused when it comes to American measurements.. Same with Fahrenheit to Celcius, or in dates, that you guys put the month first and then the day..

As long as you don't go extreme with losing weight.. My sister did that, and we almost lost her..
Old 06-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I'm glad she's okay.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
^Aww don’t let that bring you down. Plus I’m on the heavier side too so...I couldn’t believe how much I gained in 4 years. If you’re trying to loose it just try to be healthier I don’t even know if that actually works though I have a hard time giving up the carbs
Right now it is not really a diet per say. I am just following recipes for the Keto diet. I pick a few breakfasts, lunch and dinner recipes and just eat that for the week. Keto means no carbs and sugar and certain kinds of dairy. I can eat butter by the boatloads and creams and other healthy fats like avocado.

So far this week I have eaten eggs till the cows come home and salad, a lot of green vegetables and chicken, sausages. I miss my bread, pasta, rice, cereal and sweets. I will probably do it for another couple of weeks and move on. I don't want to eat like this forever.

I will just keep following different plans menus for eating. I think that its easier to pick and choose what I want to eat and prepare that way than follow them really strictly.

Anja, I had to go to my computer to convert KG to pounds so I know how you feel when you visit here. I prefer to see my weight in KG though.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I’d try keto but I’m soo picky . I figure if I can eat less junk and carbs and more protein I’ll be good. I dropped four pounds just from giving up water in four weeks.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Hope, I get you.. Pounds make your weight look double next to KG..

There's this show on TLC; My 600 pound life. I watch that sometimes, but it's so confusing, because they speak in about their weight in pounds, but the Dutch subtitles show their weight in KGs.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Ive watched that and may I just say how!?? I mean I guess we never fully see ourselves as getting bigger nor smaller but if I hit 600 pounds I would definitely know it. No offense towards them but some do it for the money and fame or love or because they’ve got their own bad personal image. I don’t know if I eat more than I should I feel it and go for a walk lol.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, that's why I don't watch it very often..
I can understand that you're eating as a comfort, but then I'd say you'd know that something isn't right? Plus, I can't stand that doctor.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I’d try keto but I’m soo picky . I figure if I can eat less junk and carbs and more protein I’ll be good. I dropped four pounds just from giving up water in four weeks.
Yeah it's not easy finding recipes that are cheap and easy and not the same thing over and over again. I will only be doing this another week and find something else. I am already bored.

Anja yes it looks better in KG than pounds.

I never watched that show but I feel for them. Being overweight all my life. You just look up one day and see yourself and there is the big weight gain.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I get that, pre-Amaya was 160 and that was after months of working out and had lost 30 pounds. After I had her I was 200 and it wasn't until this year when I was 220 and than 3 months later was 227 that it hit me. Like that's a lot to gain in short time. My sister's a bigger girl too and I'm trying to encourage her to eat better. There's nothing wrong with carbs or junk food it's limiting it. I've given up soda bit will own up that this week I've had 12oz a day (today at Amaya's friend's party, Tuesday night and Monday night at the concert because the guy gave us free hotdogs I felt I should get something at least and didn't want Amaya to drink a whole can of coke herself). It's hard work but worth it.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^I get that, pre-Amaya was 160 and that was after months of working out and had lost 30 pounds. After I had her I was 200 and it wasn't until this year when I was 220 and than 3 months later was 227 that it hit me. Like that's a lot to gain in short time. My sister's a bigger girl too and I'm trying to encourage her to eat better. There's nothing wrong with carbs or junk food it's limiting it. I've given up soda bit will own up that this week I've had 12oz a day (today at Amaya's friend's party, Tuesday night and Monday night at the concert because the guy gave us free hotdogs I felt I should get something at least and didn't want Amaya to drink a whole can of coke herself). It's hard work but worth it.
It is hard. I am already planing on moving from Keto recipes maybe this weekend. I need more of a balance. Keto is ok but not enough for me to not get bored with it. Which I guess I already am.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

my co-worker is sort of doing keto. She does some recipes from time to time but she found just eating less carbs and more of a protein or even drinking more water before a meal has helped. I suck though, I had breakfast pizza at work last night but I did have a banana too if that counts. I also grabbed some powerade zeros for some flavorings. I think I'm gonna grab some more of em, some bananas and some cheese sticks (they're actually on the keto diet I believe).
Old 06-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

I don't do diets.. I love eating too much to give up on anything, especially sweets and cookies.
Also since my sisters anorexia, I'm a bit wary of it. I know it can go great, but I'll always be scared that people take it too far.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

That’s completely understandable. I’ve always been afraid of that, I always say I won’t but habits can be hard to stop. For me it’s just cutting back. That’s what I need to do, be more moderate.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

I hope you'll be able to do that..!

Hopefully you girls have a great weekend so far!