Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by living destiny (View Post)
This has to be an April Fool's Joke right? Everyone has said what needs to be said about Josh but LIAM?! WTF IS THAT? He's not Gale AT ALL
I never thought of that but it could be an April fools thing. I hope so
-Safe
Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

At least we don't know if it is official yet. Someone else can still get the role.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh god I hope this is not true I don't mean to be a downer on josh but he is all kinds of wrong! yes he has the acting ability but he looks nothing like peeta, plus he is shorter and tinier than JL I'm pretty sure. I have no idea how they think this will work movie???
Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man Josh is the least of our issues. Liam on the other hand...what is this nonsense O_O do these ppl not know how the characters look?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by living destiny (View Post)
Man Josh is the least of our issues. Liam on the other hand...what is this nonsense O_O do these ppl not know how the characters look?
They must have lost their minds...literally!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 PM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
Feel free to share your opinion, Keith. This is a discussion forum after all. And I doubt you're going to be the only who feels that way.
I should probably vent a little to get some stuff off my chest. It's good to have an outlet.

It's hard for me to warm to Josh. This is not just because most of his physical attributes deviate from the Peeta in the books. I took to him easier in his younger days. Little Josh in Bridge to Terabithia and Zathura particularly. But the older version of him is not quite the same. The Kids are All Right did nothing to enhance his appeal. It's not that he isn't a competent actor. He is. It's just that for me personally he does not convey the sort of natural qualities that I picture in Peeta. It has more to do with his screen presence and his natural mannerisms than him playing a particular part. It's like discarding Peeta and reinventing a new character.

There are definitely actors that will be more popular than others. But even if more popular picks were chosen there would never be a real consensus of opinion. We can see that from this thread. There are people that really do like Josh. So they are more keen to try and imagine him as Peeta no matter the dissimilarities.

I think if they really do have him as a front runner that he's likely to get it. I have a suspicion that Gary has had his pet picks for the roles for some time. He even hinted at this in previous comments. I cling to a sliver of hope that they'll go in a different direction. But it's only a faint hope at this point. I don't have much faith in the casting or the process. Hollywood gets it wrong more often than they get it right. I have little time or respect for producers/directors and the certitude of their wayward "gut feelings." Their poor track record is noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertocchi (View Post)
THIS. My main problem with this is that he isn't an awarded actor like JL is. He just doesn't fit book!Peeta at all.

And a shallow coment, non-readers will ship Gale/Katniss if Liam/Jennifer/Josh play the trio, that's how regular people work
At this rate many will be shipping Katniss with Cinna. But who knows who they'll cast for him.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
At least we don't know if it is official yet. Someone else can still get the role.
That's true. The others could get the role too They might surprise Gary and co.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

If anything, because of his structure, Josh could play Cato, he does resemble the part IMO.
I hope this is a rumour cause at this point, casting them as the male leads is wrong, i mean with Katniss the physical description was vague and even if SC said some things, it could be left to interpretation, that's why JL works (and because she is an amazing actress) but Peeta? "blonde, blue eyes .. etc" and this is not a thing to ignore because that's what divide the seam people and the merchant zone, even in the district 12 coal miners & the merchants look nothing alike and are separeted. This is important.

I do trust the casting so i hope this is a bad joke
Old 04-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

I know they were right with Katniss, but was there ever a time when the source was wrong?

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh god NO NO NOOOO no to Josh, he's too young-looking next to Jennifer, oh god why?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

how i feel
Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
pushing NO now.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If anything, because of his structure, Josh could play Cato, he does resemble the part IMO.
Love it! Josh can play Cato and Jennifer can be Glimmer
-Safe
Old 04-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Hold on, are they actually leaning towards Josh? I thought that was just a joke from a poster here.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Casting for Peeta in the Hunger Games should be decided on Tuesday

At least we won't have to wait much longer.

Kristen|Tumblr|©