Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Master Fan

I love how Tyler is still seen as 'the jerk'. Caroline made her bed and now she has to lie in it. If this show had any realistic reactions other characters would give her side eyes as well.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see Tyler as "the jerk." I do think it's okay that we all have different opinions about what happened and see it differently.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerDanger (View Post)
I love how Tyler is still seen as 'the jerk'. Caroline made her bed and now she has to lie in it. If this show had any realistic reactions other characters would give her side eyes as well.
Caroline is lying in her so called 'bed', she hasn't made any excuses about her mistake in sleeping with Klaus And nobody on this show has any right to give Caroline the side-eye, especially considering who she associates herself with. We have Stefan who slept with Katherine and Katherine has tried to kill them all at different stages. We have Elena who is sleeping with Damon who has at one time or another tried to kill all of them, and abused everyone in their so called group. We have Jeremy who doesn't bat an eye at his sister sleeping with his murderer. We have Matt who slept with Rebekah, who was responsible for Elena's death/turned vampire-ism. We have Bonnie who has been made mute on all things moral.. she apparently stands up for her friends no matter who they are with or what they do, while subsequently being forgotten by the very people she claims are her friends. No one in this little group has any right to side-eye Caroline at all.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Nobody is perfect. Especially in MF. I think no one has a right to blame Caroline. It's enough.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

I beg to differ. She is doing anything but lying in it. It's not about side eying her for sleeping with different people. She can screw whoever she wants, but she had to have realized by picking the one person who tormented Tyler was going to come with consequences. She may say that she's dealing with them but she really doesn't want to deal with it and act like she isn't at fault because she's telling him to get over it. She is expecting Tyler to get over her betrayal. that's not something he's going to get over. the funny thing is if the situation was reversed she'd give Tyler hell, which is a lot more than he's doing. From what was seen Tyler has only asked her to leave but she kept pushing him. And most of the time it is her who is bringing up the Klaus thing.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Melody} (View Post)
Nobody is perfect. Especially in MF. I think no one has a right to blame Caroline. It's enough.
true. I think Elena, Stefan and Damon have no right to call out Caroline for making a bad decision.
but I have a hard time understanding this big epic caroline speech at the end of episode 15. She was so right. Being good doesn't come easy to her. She struggles too. She owned her mistake. she acknowledged that it was a bad decision. Tyler made a snide remark and turned a quality he once admired into a flaw. And she told him that it wasn't her good nature that made her make a mistake. She flat out tells him that it was a MISTAKE and that she has to live with it. that was brilliant and understandable and i loved how she was able to tell him this without him a) judging b) stabbing her c) biting her.
what really bothered me was the bull**** reasoning she had behind this: why does she call out Tyler for biting Nadia IN SELFDEFENSE and TO SAVE HER? Especially considering that she is okay with sacrificing one of Tyler's friends to save Elena, killing 12 witches to save Bonnie and an innocent human to save Stefan. logic?
and she had absolutely no right to tell Tyler to "get over it", when she was the one who wouldn't leave when he asked for privacy and when she insisted on coming by his house and when he apologized for getting angry and she thought he could get over it in no time. She didn't give him space or time to figure things out. It was completely messy.

I'm also having a hard time understanding when and where Tyler ****shamed Caroline. and when he was a jerk to her. and when he left her to hurt her. WHEN WAS THAT? Seriously though.

first time he left: was because he didn't think she deserved having someone like him in his life.
second time: he left because he knew he had to change to BE WITH HER.
third time: a hybrid jerk ran him out of town.
and the last time he left was to get his agency back. He ALWAYS put her first. but that time he couldn't. it was the only time he had to make a decision for himself.

so when has he EVER been a jerk to her? NEVER

it's just a bunch of lame excuses to prop other Caroline-ships.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 03-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerDanger (View Post)
I beg to differ. She is doing anything but lying in it. It's not about side eying her for sleeping with different people. She can screw whoever she wants, but she had to have realized by picking the one person who tormented Tyler was going to come with consequences. She may say that she's dealing with them but she really doesn't want to deal with it and act like she isn't at fault because she's telling him to get over it. She is expecting Tyler to get over her betrayal. that's not something he's going to get over. the funny thing is if the situation was reversed she'd give Tyler hell, which is a lot more than he's doing. From what was seen Tyler has only asked her to leave but she kept pushing him. And most of the time it is her who is bringing up the Klaus thing.
You said everything way better than I ever could Jackie
Old 03-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
what really bothered me was the bull**** reasoning she had behind this: why does she call out Tyler for biting Nadia IN SELFDEFENSE and TO SAVE HER? Especially considering that she is okay with sacrificing one of Tyler's friends to save Elena, killing 12 witches to save Bonnie and an innocent human to save Stefan. logic?
and she had absolutely no right to tell Tyler to "get over it", when she was the one who wouldn't leave when he asked for privacy and when she insisted on coming by his house and when he apologized for getting angry and she thought he could get over it in no time. She didn't give him space or time to figure things out. It was completely messy.

so when has he EVER been a jerk to her? NEVER

it's just a bunch of lame excuses to prop other Caroline-ships.
Caroline was calling out Tyler biting Nadia, not to blame him, but to make him see that none of them, not him, not her, not anyone in their group is innocent, they are all capable of being wrong and making mistakes and being monsters. She wasn't actually blaming him for biting Nadia

And come on, you can't be serious right now Tyler has been a jerk to Caroline more then a few times. I just did a re-watch of seasons 1 to 4 of TVD and there were plenty of times where Tyler was a douche-bag to her.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseManny (View Post)
Caroline was calling out Tyler biting Nadia, not to blame him, but to make him see that none of them, not him, not her, not anyone in their group is innocent, they are all capable of being wrong and making mistakes and being monsters. She wasn't actually blaming him for biting Nadia

And come on, you can't be serious right now Tyler has been a jerk to Caroline more then a few times. I just did a re-watch of seasons 1 to 4 of TVD and there were plenty of times where Tyler was a douche-bag to her.
She was accusing him of not regretting that bite. She was calling him out for becoming part of a group of people who don't give a **** about who dies. And at the same time she is much more part if this group than he is.

Lmao, who do you ship her with? I remember one incident of him being a douche. And that was because he was sired and couldn't come up with another option. But do develop. I can't wait to hear how awful he was to her.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Everybody made mistakes in MF. Everybody. Some of them was big mistake, but somehow everything kept going on. When it comes to Caroline, people think she made a deadly mistake. This is her life. She lives how she wants. She doesn't have to explain what she felt. And nobody can blame her for what she felt. You can't control your feelings, you can't choose who you love. It's big deal for Tyler, I accept. If Tyler hates her, I accept, too. If Tyler doesn't want to speak to her, then I accept. But he needs to stop talking about this situation anymore. Talking about it doesn't change anything. Stop talking and go, or accept and stay. That's it.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Melody} (View Post)
Everybody made mistakes in MF. Everybody. Some of them was big mistake, but somehow everything kept going on. When it comes to Caroline, people think she made a deadly mistake. This is her life. She lives how she wants. She doesn't have to explain what she felt. And nobody can blame her for what she felt. You can't control your feelings, you can't choose who you love. It's big deal for Tyler, I accept. If Tyler hates her, I accept, too. If Tyler doesn't want to speak to her, then I accept. But he needs to stop talking about this situation anymore. Talking about it doesn't change anything. Stop talking and go, or accept and stay. That's it.
YES. everyone made mistakes. Tyler did too. She did not make a deadly mistake. I just find it incredibly selfish of her to expect him to just get over it. When he asked for time and space to deal with it, she would not stop "trying to explain". and when he tried figuring out (though it was not in the nicest way, but you can't expect him to not be hurt), she tells him "to get over it". Yes he wanted to still be a part of her life, but how was he supposed to understand her decision to hook up with their abuser?? all i'm saying is that the "get over it or get lost" was extremely harsh on her part.
bolded: yes because he obviously bothered her soooo much. like, do you actually think what he said was ****shaming? -.- in my book that's something else.
and why couldn't she just stay away from him then?? I think they both need to get over it. it's unfair to put it all on Tyler. They're done. so they might as well stay out of each others life. They know where they both stand now. if they don't look for each others company now, they might eventually become friends.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Vintage Forwood is the best

Why are you helping me? Why do you care? We’ve never been friends before. We’ve never been close, not like this.

x
Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

I miss those times of them. They had a great friendship.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

I LOVE this scene. I think it's my favourite Caroline scene in season 5 Great writing and acting minus the last bit of crying

x