Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
She told him countless times she could except him and was giving him chances to come clean he never did. Just wish he would have told just to see how things would have went.
No he brainwashed her instead after that I knww the relationship was bound to fail, Katie was giving 100% and more while he was only giving less than 50%

Will he get another chance? He might but man he will really have to prove he has changed and not just to Katie but to the Powell's as well.

This episode did have a lot of angst and I enjoyed it. a solid 8 out of 10, minus 2 for Joshua being such a jerk and not coming clean when he was given ample opportunity to do so,
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He wasn't being a jerk. He just didn't want to come clean with his past. He never harmed Katie in anyway, and that's the main thing that matters since that is the one he loves.

I just saw this review.

Explains Joshua completely because no one can knows how it feel to be used since you were six years old ....the guy was evil YES, he killed YES...he met Katie and changed YES. He even stopped working for Dr.King so to me that's what matters...I don't see how not coming clean is him being a jerk, it's more like he is not ready to relive a painful past. No one can know how that is until they go through it. He had to kill and do the worst things because of Dr.King. I'm not saying it's right cause of course it's not but he probably thought it was the right way and the only way of living at the time. He thought it was the only way to survive. Even in the last episode you can see Dr.King telling Joshua he'll die without the serum and all.

So I'm not excusing what he did but I'm just saying he has been doing what was asked of him since he was six years old. Falling in love with Katie was never meant to happen but it did and he did try to change...so I would think the counts for something. I'm not saying Katie should go jump in his arms and forgive him, that would just be craziness BUT I do hope in time Katie learns she was a major part of Joshua change. He erased her memory and it was not right but he only did it cause of being afraid of his she would react which brings Dr.King back in the picture....

Remember episodes ago Dr.King said that Katie would never be with him if she knew about his past and what he's done and Joshua believed that so he erased a little of her memory out of fear...he didn't erased her whole life.

I remember awhile back episode 1x08: Watcher telling Katie that he loss his parents when he was six. So like I said I'm not excusing anything he has done but I'm just saying that I can't imagine losing both parents at the age of six years old and then running into Dr.King, who is probably basically filling in his head with all that is wrong. Making him kill people and if he doesn't, Dr.King probably treating him with the "you'll die" speech...so that's the way he was brought up, until he made Katie who made him feel special. He thought Katie wouldn't understand his past and if I had a past like that to be honest I don't know if I'll tell somebody that right away. Joshua never even got the time enough tell Katie. It was always under Dr.King terms...

I did enjoy the angst though.

Last edited by eternalfate; 02-24-2011 at 06:27 PM
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Just saw the episode. Wow, so much drama! Lets see:

- I knew from episode descriptions that Chris's dad would get injected with the serum, so Chris stealing it wasn't a surprise. I like Chris, though (finally realized where I've seen him before! Elliot on Gossip Girl!), so I liked getting a bit more of him. I did wonder why his brother wasn't around (they might have explained it in a previous ep, but I had forgotten), but fortunately, Chris answered that question for me in his last scene with Daphne.

Quote:
Chris loves Daphne??? Did Daphne control him to do that? I'm just not buying that.
I thought she was just reading his mind, and saw that he was thinking that, but it was kind of unclear. They did get to the ILYs kind of fast, but then, K/W moved pretty fast too, so maybe that's just how the show likes to write relationships.

- Definitely didn't predict Mr. Litchfield working for Dr. King - that was a surprise. Him leveraging Natalie's scholarship for JJ joining that team was pretty cold, but I figured it was just him being a jerk, as usual.

- And of course, Watcher/Katie. Wow, finally some major angst for these two! As bummed as I am that Katie wants nothing to do with him, I thought their breakup scene was pretty great. AR and JS both brought it, for sure. I understand why Joshua deceived her, and I do feel bad for him, but I knew it was going to hit the fan whenever Katie found out, and I can't blame her for breaking up with him, especially given all of his assurances that he was being completely honest with her while lying to her about everything from his name to his history of killing people for Dr. King. I hope he finds a way to come back and redeem himself in Katie's eyes eventually, but I think the truth needed to be out in the open before Katie did something as big as marrying him.

- Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot about the stuff with Jim accidentally getting the kid shot. TBH, that whole story seemed pretty extraneous, especially with the "getting shot saved his life!" ending. I liked the idea of Jim feeling guilty for someone getting caught in the crossfire of his crimefighting, but they didn't really spend enough time on it to make me care. Plus, why make it into some kind of blessing in disguise? Just so Jim doesn't have to feel guilty anymore? Meh.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Echo*~ (View Post)

I thought she was just reading his mind, and saw that he was thinking that, but it was kind of unclear. They did get to the ILYs kind of fast, but then, K/W moved pretty fast too, so maybe that's just how the show likes to write relationships.

- Definitely didn't predict Mr. Litchfield working for Dr. King - that was a surprise. Him leveraging Natalie's scholarship for JJ joining that team was pretty cold, but I figured it was just him being a jerk, as usual.

- And of course, Watcher/Katie. Wow, finally some major angst for these two! As bummed as I am that Katie wants nothing to do with him, I thought their breakup scene was pretty great. AR and JS both brought it, for sure. I understand why Joshua deceived her, and I do feel bad for him, but I knew it was going to hit the fan whenever Katie found out, and I can't blame her for breaking up with him, especially given all of his assurances that he was being completely honest with her while lying to her about everything from his name to his history of killing people for Dr. King. I hope he finds a way to come back and redeem himself in Katie's eyes eventually, but I think the truth needed to be out in the open before Katie did something as big as marrying him.

- Oh, yeah, and I almost forgot about the stuff with Jim accidentally getting the kid shot. TBH, that whole story seemed pretty extraneous, especially with the "getting shot saved his life!" ending. I liked the idea of Jim feeling guilty for someone getting caught in the crossfire of his crimefighting, but they didn't really spend enough time on it to make me care. Plus, why make it into some kind of blessing in disguise? Just so Jim doesn't have to feel guilty anymore? Meh.
Yeah I think most people predicted Mr. Litchfield for just being the normal jerk.

The Chris/Daphne is just way more out of the loop though. because Daphne was already dating...well trying to be with other people before Chris, and then she couldn't really stand Chris at first and now she loves him....well they love each other.... it's gotta be teen love, just gotta be.

The thing with Watcher/Katie is that Katie or Joshua wasn't really dating before they met each other. Watcher was never really doing anything but killing. so you can tell he really never knew how it was to be special in that way...but Katie lightness made his darkness so much brighter which made it believable. I actually think he really, really start falling for her in episode 1x09...you can tell with the poker scene. and then when Katie was going to lost his virginity to him. that's when I think he noticed. Katie loves Wolverine so her love for mysterious isn't a surprise. lol

It does seems like this show loves to go fast pace with stuff though.

I agree with you with the FINALLY! I love them so much but I really needed and wanted the angst to happen. ever great pair has to go through it. Their break up scene was very well done, you can see and feel how heartbroken both of them were. AR&JS sure did bring their A game for that scene and for the episode. I also agree with everything else you said. I understand Katie for breaking up with him, she thinks everything with him is a lie and she has every reason to think so and also finding out about his killings and memory wipes was just not a good addition but I do understand why Joshus did what he did in the previous episodes. Yeah I'm happy the truth came out before a marriage between them.

Oh I also read some reviews about people being upset over the whole Jim thing.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Oh guys, I finally caught up again Sorry for taking so long!

I loved each one of these episodes I watched now (the last three) and this show is just getting better and better!!

Quote:
Oh I also read some reviews about people being upset over the whole Jim thing.
What Jim thing?
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Jim storyline in the latest episode, about making the bullet be a good thing in the end for the victim just for Jim wouldn't have to feel guilty....I guess the viewers want the show to take risk without a conclusion in the end all the time....
Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Ah okay.. Well I liked it, but I wouldnt like to see Jim feeling quilty. Because someone with Jim's personality could even stop doing what he does, if the kid had died.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was okay with it as well but I do agree with those who says that the show do seem afraid to take risk at times, everything always ends on a happy note and it's predictable. The Powell's are going to have to know that they can't save them all, that's how you become stronger. Sometimes you will be mistakes but I did love what happened in the last episode. I'm happy the victim lived. That's why I did love the last episode because it didn't end in happyland and it's some real angst going on with Katie/Watcher! So I'm happy about that.