Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

1x16 "No Ordinary proposal" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Powell
February 22nd 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

Jim's feelings of guilt are overwhelming when, during a fight with a thug, he diverts a bullet that accidentally hits a boy - causing life-threatening harm. Meanwhile, Daphne's boyfriend, Chris, steals the trilsettum serum from the Powell house and injects his wheelchair-bound father, Roy (Anthony Michael Hall), with disastrous results; Joshua proposes to Katie; and JJ's teacher takes unscrupulous steps to get him to join the school's academic decathlon team.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww.. a proposal
Plus Anthony Michael Hall

Thanks for the new thread
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

YW Jen

a proposal didn't see that coming.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

WOW I should have not checked out this thread. but just seeing "No Ordinary Proposal" got me curious because I automatically thought of Katie/Watcher lol ....I can't wait for this episode even more now. ...I do not agree with her accepting the proposal now though. but yeah I'll just see what happens here...
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

I'm not liking this at all.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm actually finally get to watch this live. typing as I watch, so I'm doing some play by play right now. So expect a lot here.

WOW something crazy is going to happen in this episode because on the previous on NOF they showed Watcher erasing Daphne memories...kind of worried right now even though I want everything out in the open.

First scene of the night: Love it starting out with action. Batman and Robin working together to take out the bad guy - a boy gets shot cause of Jim rescue attempt I really hope the kid doesn't die, Jim would probably not forgive himself and always blame himself. I'm really hoping everything turns out week.

Katie&Joshua scene so early on! this better not be like the only scene they have though. lol...awww he asked to marry her. as I expected from the episode description, but not so early one. This will not end good.....I really didn't want her to accept. even though I love them. A lot of things aren't 100% with them yet...it's still some lies between them but they really love each other so I'll accept it I guess. Katie/Steph scene! YAY I love Katie comparing Watcher to Wolverine again. IA Wolverine is cool, but being married to him. should be interesting. I love that Katie knows mysterious has a darkside but she loves him and still wants to only be with him.

George being the supportive friend! I always love him, I agree with George, imagine how many more lives would have been taken away if Jim didn't take that guy down. I do feel Jim's pain. Engagement party. already?? this just do not look good at all. I'm trying to be hopeful but....Dr.King. OH NO!! This is just a disaster waiting to happen right here. .....lmao King is funny right now. lol "a fool in love" everyone was laughing but he was 1000000% honest about how he feel. lol OMG is Dr.King the Watcher's father?

Joshua I love you but you are so full of it right now. rotfl you erased Katie's memory so you have some baggage about this whole truth story....

I agree with Jim here lol bad guys lie. lol I love you Steph but I'm with Jim here...I do agree with Steph that Joshua is so in love with Katie though. Mysterious is back on screen. a scene with Dr.King. I'm loving this episode so much right now!!!!! ...more of his past is getting revealed. EEK wow this six year old story was true about him losing his parents......He'd die without the serum, didn't see that one coming. WOW Chris really did steal the serum. well at least he had a great reason for doing it.

Next scene here we go: I guess it was meant for Chris father to be paralyzed, the way he is acting when he has his powers. lol Watcher powers going away NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ..........oh wait a minute...this is not good. awwww poor Joshua it won't work. I want him to have his powers but...yeah.

Oh Chris father needs to go, I'm tired of him already.
George you are not helping lol "you haven't looked this bad since my batchelor party"....wel now I'm agreeing with George, just fight it out. Why don't they get Watcher to help? since telekinesis would help big time. Dr.King went to Stephanie. EEK OH MY!!! ...Watcher is in some trouble, this is getting serious. I really wanted the truth to come out but didn't expect it to be this way.

George vs Jim.....what the hell happened to Jim fighting skills since last episode? lol Oh Katie's in danger, where is Joshua when you need him. lol Come on Jim beat him like he stole something!

Katie and Joshua break up this angst is just so sad I know Katie really loves him though...this might send mysterious to a dangerous path. this show is getting to sad for me. I wanted angst but dang.

Woah I got do caught up in the episode that I forgot to keep typing but WHAT?...Chris loves Daphne??? Did Daphne control him to do that? I'm just not buying that. WOW getting hit by the bullet saved the boys life. I feel sad for both Katie and Joshua here.

Teacher working with Dr.King. "None of your damn business" lol

Last edited by eternalfate; 02-22-2011 at 07:07 PM
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Another good episode.

Jim/George were funny as usual the whole boxing scene

JJ being blackmailed is messed up and even bigger than he realizes this could be interesting seeing how far they go with this.

I guess Steph serum really works

Katie/The watcher knew this wouldn't end well I feel bad for Katie but not for the watcher her brought this on him self not everything just the stuff he did to Katie. Wow he's been getting shot up with serum since he was six I knew he would die if he didn't get that serum. As angry as Katie was she loved and still loves him so I hope the watcher will be able to redeem himself.

at Katie saying she has a crush on wolverine.

Next week looks like a great episode too!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He had a bad past, it takes some people a long time to really open up about it. Even regular human beings. When you have a bad past, it's really hard to tell people about it. About the killings you had to do or some other stuff that we don't even know about. So I do feel for him cause he does really love Katie but he was hoping that his past would never get brought into this.

Katie having a crush on Wolverine explains why she fell for Joshua so early on.

Jim/George was great.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Yeah all that's understandable but once he met Katie it was things he was doing to people she loved that he shouldn't have never kept from her and that was the biggest mistake he made his past is just that the past.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Yeah all that's understandable but once he met Katie it was things he was doing to people she loved that he shouldn't have never kept from her and that was the biggest mistake he made his past is just that the past.
That's why he wanted to leave it in the past. but I do agree that he should have told her the truth, especially since he wanted to be married to her.

I really think he was scared...wait I know he was of telling her because he believed everything Dr.King said, that they'll never accept him if they knew... Katie would have I know that but he doesn't believe she would.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
That's why he wanted to leave it in the past. but I do agree that he should have told her the truth, especially since he wanted to be married to her.

I really think he was scared...wait I know he was of telling her because he believed everything Dr.King said, that they'll never accept him if they knew... Katie would have I know that but he doesn't believe she would.
She told him countless times she could except him and was giving him chances to come clean he never did. Just wish he would have told just to see how things would have went.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well not countless time, probably like three. I think saying and doing are two different things. Just because someone says they will accept your baggage it doesn't entirely mean that they will and that's how mysterious was thinking now from our the fans POV, we know Katie would have accepted it.

Do I think he should have told her the full truth? Yes
Do I think he was wrong for not telling her the truth? No

I agree with both Katie and Joshua on this. I understand both of them here...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

To me this is not one of those situations where both sides are right.

And what's up with that Daphne/Chris scene ILY really!!!???
Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

To me it's one of those situations where I [and many others] can understand both point of views.

Way to quickly....what happened to make this happen. Daphne was just dating guys and now she loves Chris...it's my only dislike in this episode...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Zendaya

Guess she's found the right guy at the moment.