Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x09 “No Ordinary Anniversary” Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Anniversary
November 30th 2010
ABC Tuesdays 9/8c
Jim and Stephanie plan a romantic evening away from the kids to celebrate their 18th wedding anniversary, but instead find themselves teaming up and using their superpowers to deal with a serial arsonist who is exhibiting some special powers of his own.
Meanwhile, Daphne and JJ are left home alone and join forces to win some big money in a poker game with some fellow students.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:42 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Ok episode last night.

Jim/Stephanie finally we get to see them working together it was great to see and I was not surprised that Stephanie loved it so much her making fun of the "Lair" was funny as well. Wish we would have gotten a little more fighting with that fire dude though.

JJ/Daphne always like when they have scenes. When they teamed up to when all the poker money was nice sucks JJ couldn't keep it.

Will/Katie still like them together so far him using his powers to make those guys leave and Katie believing it was because of her nice move on his part wonder how long before Katie figures out he has powers as well? Daphne already supect something is up with him.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully either later tonight or tomorrow!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Ok Jen.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just watched it. I loved Jim and Stephanie working together in this one.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just watched it too.

Loved the team work between Jim and Stephanie, but I can understand how she wouldn't want to put both of their lives in danger in case something happened to them both.

I'm not sure what to think of Will. You have times where he can act nice and you start to think that he is protecting them in some way, and then you have when he'll do things like spying on the family.

We did find out some things.

Stephanie's boss has been injecting people with abilities, and it seems its temporary and that's why Will has to keep having those injections.
I don't think he knows about the family.. because their abilities. I don't know.. seem natural and not injected.. otherwise they would have lost them by now.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah Will is a wild card you don't really know what side he's on I can see towards the end of the season he ends up turning on Stephanie's boss
Old 12-02-2010, 12:39 AM
New Fan

I am not a follower of this series but i know its a great one.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Just watched the episode. Pretty good overall. I liked seeing Jim have a mission that left him a little more conflicted about his crimefighting and it was fun to see Stephanie join in with Jim and George on a case.

I'm not sure what to think about Will. Sometimes he seems to be a bad guy, but he's also doing things like keeping what he knows about the Powells' powers from Dr. King. At the moment, I'm thinking/hoping he'll end up on the Powells' side, but I'm definitely curious to find out where he ends up; it should spark lots of drama either way.

The JJ/Daphne story was fun, I guess. It mostly felt like filler, but I liked that we got to see both of them find ways to use their powers to cheat at the poker game.

Nice ending too. It seems to confirm that the injections are what give Will his mind control powers, and it looks like we'll be seeing more of the bitter scientist guy who found the serum on the ground. He hasn't made a big impression on me here, but the actor was the one thing I liked about that summer show Persons Unknown, so I'm glad he seems to be getting tangled up in the conspiracy and we might be seeing more of him.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 12-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
I'm not sure what to think about Will. Sometimes he seems to be a bad guy, but he's also doing things like keeping what he knows about the Powells' powers from Dr. King. At the moment, I'm thinking/hoping he'll end up on the Powells' side, but I'm definitely curious to find out where he ends up; it should spark lots of drama either way.
Yeah I was surprised he didn't tell Dr. King about the Powell's powers, guess he doesn't trust him that much either
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangreyhanson (View Post)
I am not a follower of this series but i know its a great one.
Thanks for stopping by and saying that.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:25 AM
New Fan

NOF has become the show me & my family watch together. Which is amazing considering none of us watch the same shows any more. 2 of us watch The Walking Dead. 2 of us watch Phineas & Ferb. and so forth but other than Wipeout this is the only one we all enjoy. I just hope that they find away to keep Josh Stewart around longer.

No Ordinary Family: Sneak Peak | Lost In Reviews
Old 12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Glad you like the show.

But you should post that link in the News Thread next time

http://www.fanforum.com/f351/nof-new...10-a-62963492/
Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Yeah I was surprised he didn't tell Dr. King about the Powell's powers, guess he doesn't trust him that much either
don't trust anyone. positive attitude to have!

Wow Joshua really seems to be falling for Katie...