Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mozilla issues

Okay, I have a few questions about Mozilla...

The first is - when I try to use the drop down menus [file, edit, etc.], this is what it looks like:

why and what can I do to solce it?

And on the conviniencce side, two more questions - How can I make a the side scrollbar appear? And is it possible to have the bookmarks on the side like in IE, instead of as a drop down menu?
me too.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

i would just uninstall and reinstall. it's a free program so it shouldn't be to difficult.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Your title bar says "Build ID: 2004031616" - is that a nightly build/development release? Maybe you'd be better off uninstalling and going with the last official release, or at least the 1.7 Beta.

The side scrollbar (on the right I assume) should just appear automatically. You should be able to make your bookmarks appear to the side just like with IE - I don't use that option and I'm not using Mozilla at the moment, but I assume it's available under the View menu.

[ 03-29-2004: Message edited Raonaild ]
Old 03-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

For the side bar navigation first you need to go under View -->Show/Hide --> then click on Sidebar. That should give you the side panel with your bookmarks.

As for the other problem, sometimes I get that too when I need to reboot the browser, or I have too many windows open at the same time. Then again, you could always try changing the style mode, that might clear some things up too.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 03-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Total Fan

The display problem is often a result of either very low memory, or file corruption within the application. If a hard shut down (no power flowing through system) and start doesn't fix it, then completely uninstalling/reinstalling the browser is the way to go.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>The display problem is often a result of either very low memory, or file corruption within the application. If a hard shut down (no power flowing through system) and start doesn't fix it, then completely uninstalling/reinstalling the browser is the way to go.</STRONG>
heh I always get display issues with my MSN messenger and browser (IE). I check my RamBooster program and I'm always at like 5% or something in free memory. 'Tis odd. Wasn't like this before (before as in a year ago)...
Old 03-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the help, everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My side scrollbar magically appeared, and the text seemed to be suddenly fixed too. I think I may have ghosts in my computer.
me too.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by btvsrocks:
<STRONG>

heh I always get display issues with my MSN messenger and browser (IE). I check my RamBooster program and I'm always at like 5% or something in free memory. 'Tis odd. Wasn't like this before (before as in a year ago)...</STRONG>
You probably have an application eating up your memory. Check your system process list, see what's hogging the most and decide if you still want it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mely:
<STRONG>I think I may have ghosts in my computer.</STRONG>
Heh, don't we all. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

yeah, the other thing is if you've got really really low resources try running something like spybot. spyware will KILL your system resources.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Total Fan

Spyware can also relay confidential information to outside sources.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mozilla? Doesn't like me. My bookmarks disappeared suddenly. They were there, I had an electricity cut, electricity came back, and:

*cries a little*

The weird thing is that it doesn't even disaply the bookmarks imported from IE.
me too.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Mozilla Firefox did that to me recently. I closed the browser and opened it a few minutes later and everything was gone. I haven't been able to recover my bookmarks.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That blows :/
me too.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Another Mozilla related question. I installed the full version of Mozilla recently (probably a bad idea looking back), and I still want to use Outlook Express as my default e-mail client when clicking on an e-mail link on an internet page in Mozilla. How do I make that happen?
Old 09-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Elite Fan

If you're running Windows, go under your Control Panel and Internet Options. Click on the programs tab and there should be an area that lets you select your default email client. Outlook should be one of them.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||