Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Changing wmv to mpeg

Is there any program that does this? Or is there a simple way to? I can't open any .wmv in Animation Shop, just .mpeg or .mpg [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

I use the TMPG encoder.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, so I d/led. Now what do I do [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Lol. Just open the file in the program and click start. That should be it.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:04 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl:
<STRONG>I use the TMPG encoder.</STRONG>
nope, that won't work.

use Stoik Video Coverter to convert it from a .wmv to an .avi and then use TMPG encoder to convert it from an .avi to an .mpg or .mpeg [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Cool, thanks so much [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

edited: I changed it to an avi. Is there a way to keep the quality up?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

M姧åç}{è® It works for me. -shrugs-
Old 03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

It's great. Thank you both so much [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 05:37 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by brasha:
<STRONG>Cool, thanks so much [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

edited: I changed it to an avi. Is there a way to keep the quality up?</STRONG>
yep there is. what codec did u use when encoding the file? i recommend using the 'Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V1' video codec. this codec gives the best quality and performance. (make the quality 75% for best results). if u don't have it u will need to d/l the codec re-distribution package at the Microsoft website, d/l the 1st one.

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited M姧åç}{è® ]
Old 03-12-2004, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

And how do I change a windows media player file to real player file? Does it work the same as above? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 04:26 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Colin James:
<STRONG>And how do I change a windows media player file to real player file? Does it work the same as above? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
not exactly. well the 1st part is the same. use Stoik video converter to make the .wmv into an .avi. then u need to get Real Producer Basic 8.5 (d/l is at bottom of the page) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

the site is in german but that doesn't really matter. the file is about 4.5MB so it should take between 10-15 mins to d/l on 56K, less on broadband.

btw, not that i really care but why do u want to change it into a real media file? the only reason i can think of is for compression purposes. that is the worst video format that is available. unless of course u encode at broadband or ISDN quality which defeats the purpose of compression.

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited M姧åç}{è® ]
Old 03-13-2004, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M姧åç}{è®:
<STRONG>

btw, not that i really care but why do u want to change it into a real media file? the only reason i can think of is for compression purposes. that is the worst video format that is available. unless of course u encode at broadband or ISDN quality which defeats the purpose of compression.

</STRONG>
I intend to burn a list of files to a disc but I guess the problem is I'm not sure how to transfer different types of files into the disc without it being rejected cus usually, cd burning requires an empty disc right. I hope you know what I mean [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 06:27 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Colin James:
<STRONG>

I intend to burn a list of files to a disc but I guess the problem is I'm not sure how to transfer different types of files into the disc without it being rejected cus usually, cd burning requires an empty disc right. I hope you know what I mean [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
well that depends. r u burning a multi-session disc or just a plain standard once off disc?

multi-session allows u to add files more than once but u need a CD-RW disc to do that. if u r just gonna make a plain standard disc u only need a standard CD-R disc.

and what do u mean the disc gets rejected? what speed burner do u have? is it re-writable (it should say something like 32x10x40x on the drive door or manual). the first number is the write speed, the second number is the re-write speed and the third number is the read speed. make sure u get a compatible disc. i once bought a 16X re-writable disc (CD-RW) but my burner can only re-write at 10X max (the second number) so i could not use that disc.

any questions or anything ur not sure of just ask [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

How do you change other type of files into .wav or mp3 files?

I have this doc. file... or something ... but its a song... and I want to turn it into a .wav or mp3 file...and I don't know how to :\
Old 03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Anyone know how to do it the other way around? I have all this mpg files I need converted to wmv. Can someone please help me out?