Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Passionate Fan

It was awesome finale. I'm full of emotions. I cried like a child several times. I was just a wreck after the episode. In the last episode could feel the emotions that accompanied me for 10 years, when I watched the show which I became a fan, and which was and always will be the most important and favorite series for me. I have not felt anything like it on any show and there is no chance that any series will fill this void. It's hard to believe it's over.

It was a really great episode for McDanno fans. Just beautiful were the moments. I cried when Steve saved Danny and how he said goodbye. They are brothers, best friends, and as Mei said Danny was the most important person in his life. Their relationship had better and worse moments, but I think their season 10 relationship was the best for years. And this episode confirmed it. And they said at end of episode: "I love you", it was not the first time, but I think it was the most honest. Steve leaves Danny, but as he said not forever, I believe that at the end Steve and Danny will be like old men in episode 9.10, even Lenkov himself said it on Twitter today.

As for the last scene, I have mixed feelings because I don't like Catherine since episode 6.03, when she broke Steve heart again. Then when I saw her face on the screen in the following seasons I had more and more mixed feelings. And the fandom wars only pushed me away from this character. So it's hard for me to judge this last scene a bit, I would prefer if she didn't appear and Steve was alone on the plane, but on the other hand, when I saw a smile on Steve's face, maybe disliking Catherine is losing to the fact that Steve may be finally happy after these events in life. Another thing is that if this episode were to be written as the series finale, I doubt Steve would leave the island and Five-0. But as it was to be Steve's last episode, and the series would be continued, the fact that Steve leaves and accompanies him Catherine makes some sense.

It was great to see W Fat, Hesse, and John McGarrett again. And these references to the pilot. And song "All For One" (new version of song) from 100th episode. Finally, all storylines with John, Doris, and Wo fatem were ended. Unfortunately, it cost Steve a lot, because it eventually caused Steve to leave the island, but he had at least some type of closure. Steve's farewell scenes with everyone is another scene where I cried. Steve has changed the lives of all Five-0 members, It wasn't enough for him to stay, and I think he would stay if CBS announced the end of the series earlier.

I just .. I'll always be angry at CBS what they did. I always thought that the series would end as the producers want. CBS will let know a few months before this, or give it another season. Like many other veterans shows on CBS. We do not know when Alex announced the decision, but there were certainly a few episodes before the finale, because in the 10.19 episode we had the first mention that something was happening with Steve. And CBS announced the end of the series as they shot the finale, PL, actors, and crew previously thought it would be another season but without Alex/Steve. And that's why I think Steve leaves the island. But if immediately after Alex's decision they wanted to end the series, I think that it would look completely different, Steve probably would have stayed on the island, he was still leading Five-0. Perhaps Catherine would come back and stay with Steve permanently, because PL says in interviews that for him she was always an endgame, but they would end up on their own terms. That is why I will never forgive CBS, unless they do revival someday, which does not exclude PL, and in the era of series return after years it is possible. The CSI that ended in 2015 is expected to return. So maybe someday it will happen. And if it ever happens, then only with Alex and Scott, it would not make sense without any of them. I liked Lance, he looks like a character with great potential, but honestly as one of the Five-0 members, but not as a replacement for Steve and Danny's new partner, it just wouldn't be the same, and it could destroy the series. Therefore, it's good that we have not seen it, despite my love to the show without Steve there was no point in continuing it.

Hawaii Five-0 has been more than a show for 10 years. I watched from the pilot. Over the years, the series has changed, the actors came and went, but my adoration of the series remained. Suffice it to say that the only foreign forums in which I speak are about Hawaii Five-0, because I wanted to talk about my favorite series with other fans. I created a Polish fan page. I bought all DVDs each season (I don't have pther show on DVD ). When I was still studying, I could watch the episode at 6 am before going to class, because I couldn't stand it. The same later when I started working. Now I feel like I lost my best friend. But I have 240 episodes, I will definitely rewatch the series, and more than once. And in a few years, let's hope that Hawaii Five-0 will return, of course with Alex and Scott.
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

I’m glad you said that. I feel the same. Very disappointed that Catherine came back. I felt like she only did that because Steve was giving up 50.

Also agree that if the writers knew the show was being cancelled the ending would have been different. Steve would never have left his Ohana and certainly not by saying I came to solve my dads case. Now I have so bye.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved everything but the ending. Because that was so not Steve. To just walk away. After he was so upset about Danny retiring. After Danny almost died. And he just leaves him and he leaves Eddie.

That was OOC. And I get he’s been hurting for years but never did they seem to be going this route.

All I could think of during the Danno goodbye was when Catherine left Steve. And he says it seems like you’re going every place I’m not. It seemed like Danny was mentally saying the same thing.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core 4 (View Post)
It was awesome finale. I'm full of emotions. I cried like a child several times. I was just a wreck after the episode. In the last episode could feel the emotions that accompanied me for 10 years, when I watched the show which I became a fan, and which was and always will be the most important and favorite series for me. I have not felt anything like it on any show and there is no chance that any series will fill this void. It's hard to believe it's over.
Yeah. It was so full of emotions. I was actually okay until they had Steve sitting next to Danny in the hospital room while they played that song in the background, but then when everyone was saying their goodbyes, it was hard holding back the tears. But I definitely think that after a 10 season run, if I didn't have those tears I would have been extremely disappointed. I am extremely satisfied with the way the series ended. It's really hard to believe that I only tuned into this show just 3 seasons ago in season 8. I watched the previous 7 seasons in a matter of like 2 months on Netflix just because I was looking for something to watch, but never expected it would get me hooked. It had been a few years that I found a show that did that for me.

Quote:
It was a really great episode for McDanno fans. Just beautiful were the moments. I cried when Steve saved Danny and how he said goodbye. They are brothers, best friends, and as Mei said Danny was the most important person in his life. Their relationship had better and worse moments, but I think their season 10 relationship was the best for years. And this episode confirmed it. And they said at end of episode: "I love you", it was not the first time, but I think it was the most honest. Steve leaves Danny, but as he said not forever, I believe that at the end Steve and Danny will be like old men in episode 9.10, even Lenkov himself said it on Twitter today.
Yeah, they had a lot of wonderful scenes together. And now I feel like we can assume that maybe in a few years he will return to Hawaii with a family and he can sit in those chairs watching the sunset like they had planned. throughout the entire episode, I never thought that the way Steve was talking that him leaving Hawaii would be a forever thing. He just needed to find happiness again and that is okay.

Quote:
As for the last scene, I have mixed feelings because I don't like Catherine since episode 6.03, when she broke Steve heart again. Then when I saw her face on the screen in the following seasons I had more and more mixed feelings. And the fandom wars only pushed me away from this character. So it's hard for me to judge this last scene a bit, I would prefer if she didn't appear and Steve was alone on the plane, but on the other hand, when I saw a smile on Steve's face, maybe disliking Catherine is losing to the fact that Steve may be finally happy after these events in life. Another thing is that if this episode were to be written as the series finale, I doubt Steve would leave the island and Five-0. But as it was to be Steve's last episode, and the series would be continued, the fact that Steve leaves and accompanies him Catherine makes some sense.
I see where you are coming from, and I totally respect that people have different opinions when it comes to Steve and Catherine. I have always been a Cath/Steve fan so I am always going to be happy that they were endgame. I totally agree with you about the ending part of the episode, despite how anyone feels about their relationship, there is no denying the fact that the smile we saw from Steve at the end proved that he was finally happy to be with Catherine. and ready to start on a new journey with her. And maybe in a couple years they will come back to the island, but they will be different people with a family and all.

Quote:
It was great to see W Fat, Hesse, and John McGarrett again.

Yeah, it was great seeing everything come full circle and seeing certain blanks filled in that we didn't see happen in the Pilot. Now we know exactly what happened in between. I liked that.

I really like that they were able to do a series finale that could have worked for both a series finale and a season finale. It just would have been nice to see some sort of closure and happy endings for the other characters on the show.....I think that is the only thing that I'm still a bit disappointed about but other than that overall, amazing finale.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel lost guys the whole day I am thinking why???? it feels I have lost a dear friend last night :
(

Quote:
@Immunity: totally agree with everything you've said. (did you watch the other episodes too or do you still have to wathc episode 17 and the following?)
It was a really good finale, but I needed some time to process before I decided to comment.
But I liked every bit of it even the new guy who is now - as it seems - part of five-0.
the only thing that confused me was that wo fat's wife said (like he already did himself) that wo fat was doris' son. but steve ran DNA a few years back and they weren't brothers. or did I miss something/ understood something wrong?

I am gonna watch them tonight

I was confused to but I think I heard Steve saying to Mai he wasn't his brother he took DNA but I am not sure.

Quote:
Love the way they all said goodbye to Steve. It made it so it was like the characters and the actors were saying goodbye.... loved that so much!
Peter has said in a interview just before shooting this scene he told the cast and crew the show would not return for a season 11 also there were no lines written they all could say what they want to say goodbye to Steve.

Quote:
Also agree that if the writers knew the show was being cancelled the ending would have been different. Steve would never have left his Ohana and certainly not by saying I came to solve my dads case. Now I have so bye.
Steve didn't left his Ohana forever he would have come back.

(((ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First off, why was this the end?

PETER LENKOV: Well, truthfully, I think the show is going to end every year. So every year you have to think about that. But I felt like the ending that you saw could have worked as a season finale or a series finale. Everything was built to see Steve McGarrett leave the island, and if we were going to come back, he would have come back in season 11 after a couple episodes. I always thought that the season would end this way, and then when it became a series-ender I went in and retooled some things so it felt like a real, genuine end.)))))

Quote:
I just .. I'll always be angry at CBS what they did. I always thought that the series would end as the producers want. CBS will let know a few months before this, or give it another season. Like many other veterans shows on CBS.
Same here!! I hate CBS for what they did the show had great rating better than NCIS LA, NCIS NO, Seal Team, S.W.A.T. MacGyer, Magnum P.I. and more!!

And from what I make up from it Alex was not sure yet if he came back or not.

((((What was the reasoning for the show not coming back? Because it sounds like you would have loved to continue, if possible.

Peter Lenkov
I feel like [CBS] just felt like it was the right time. These are such complicated decisions, and there are so many things that go into it. I think there were still a lot of ideas left for this show, but that's the decision that they made. I feel very lucky that they kept a reboot on the air for 10 years and supported it for 10 years.

I was actually surprised that Alex hung around this long considering how he previously made it seem like he was going to be done sooner than later because of the physical toll. You mentioned a season 11 would have started without him, but could there ever have been a world where you did Hawaii Five-0 without McGarrett?
In my mind, I think so. If the decision was made to keep the show and the decision was made by Alex not to return, I do think we could have continued.))))))

Quote:
And why did you like Catherine as the endgame for him? Was she always going to be there, or was that something you added once you knew this was it?

No, she's always been the endgame for me, no matter what. There are fans that love her and fans that don't love her, but with the fans that don't love her, I think there's a little bit of not understanding her motivation. She's a soldier, and for her that soldier mentality is always "God and country" comes first, and at that the sacrifice of everything else. I think leaving Steve and the things she's done to perhaps hurt him weren't by choice. She has always loved him, and he's always loved her and always felt complete with her. For me,those two being together was always the endgame. The idea of Steve and Danny on those chairs, looking out at the ocean, was always in the cards as well. That friendship will always be there, those two guys will grow old together. But the idea of Steve having a family for himself, being a grandfather, being all the things that his father and grandfather was, that was always in the cards for him.

Last edited by Immunity; 04-04-2020 at 09:31 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

I’m glad you posted the interview. It helps to know that in the writers mind, Steve would have returned on S11. It also helps to know he pictured Steve and Danny growing old o the beach. I just wish their final conversation had some different word choices so I wouldn’t have had to read an interview to know what they meant.

I don’t have a problem with Steve having a family etc. I never understood Catherine walking away from him. So I never pictured a family for them. Maybe if we never got the final breakup scene, I would feel different. Because I never disliked her until that. And still don’t totally understand her character but after that I never saw her with Steve.

But anyway reading the interview helps. I was awake all last night missing this show. It’s Amazing how much you can miss a show. I’m still hurt and sad

I just wonder now how Steve would have returned in S11 and if Catherine would have been there.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

glad ot see im not the only one who was at the end of the episode. I was so full of emotions watching the episode. it was so hard to see him say goodbye to everyone, especially to Eddie. the only person that should have been there thougth I thought that wasn't was Kamekona. he might not be part of 5O but he is still part of the team and severs them all food all the time and helps occasionally with the cases.

I was so happy to see Catherine at the end. I wish their scene could have been longer but it was still great to see.

im surprised Danno's family wasn't there though when he was in the hospital. he almost died.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
PETER LENKOV: Well, truthfully, I think the show is going to end every year. So every year you have to think about that. But I felt like the ending that you saw could have worked as a season finale or a series finale. Everything was built to see Steve McGarrett leave the island, and if we were going to come back, he would have come back in season 11 after a couple episodes. I always thought that the season would end this way, and then when it became a series-ender I went in and retooled some things so it felt like a real, genuine end.
Now I understand nothing. From the beginning there were information that to be the season 11 without Alex, but without Alex at all, because of his physical problems, and then CBS changed her mind about the continuation without Alex and thought that it was better to end up and decided to end the series. And now PL tells hat after a few episodes Alex was to come back. It doesn't make sense, because then CBS would have no reason to end the series, because the series had one of the best ratings. I totally don't understand what's going on right now and how it was with Alex.

Last edited by Core 4; 04-04-2020 at 10:38 AM
Core 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

I did think I saw an interview that said that Alex had not quit the show. I know he had thought about it. But what I read said he had not quit. And that cbs just cancelled the show out of the blue. And I’m with you. That’s just not right. I needed a whole season to get my mind around losing them and the writers needed the time to be prepared to end the show.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But anyway reading the interview helps. I was awake all last night missing this show. It’s Amazing how much you can miss a show. I’m still hurt and sad
Yeah knowing more about the thought of the writers mind helps a lot. ……...I have no idea what to do and watch Friday night in the future. This show was so special I never have seen a show with such a warm vibe the Ohana we all call it. I've read on the internet that people are heartbroken there was a journalist who had seen all 240 episodes and don't understand why the show is cancelled.

Quote:
Now I understand nothing. From the beginning there were information that to be the season 11 without Alex, but without Alex at all, because of his physical problems, and then CBS changed her mind about the continuation without Alex and thought that it was better to end up and decided to end the series. And now PL tells hat after a few episodes Alex was to come back. It doesn't make sense, because then CBS would have no reason to end the series, because the series had one of the best ratings. I totally don't understand what's going on right now and how it was with Alex.
This week I saw a interview were Alex said he didn't quit. So just like you I don't understand it I never thought that Alex would quit maybe less screen time but I could live with that he just was producer of the show that was for me a reason that he not would quit the show.

Quote:
I did think I saw an interview that said that Alex had not quit the show. I know he had thought about it. But what I read said he had not quit. And that cbs just cancelled the show out of the blue. And I’m with you. That’s just not right. I needed a whole season to get my mind around losing them and the writers needed the time to be prepared to end the show.
You had seen it to Thank God I am not the only one...……………….It even makes me more mad at CBS
Old 04-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

wow, so many comments on one episode. not that I had expect anything less, but I don't know what to write/comment/answer first

Quote:
Now I understand nothing.
I am with you.

I totally understood (which I said before) the reason why alex decided to leave and as a result (from whoever) to cancel the show.
but if alex wasn't even sure if he really "wanted" to leave (and "just" becoming a producer tells me he wanted the show to continue, but I might be wrong there) and CBS just cancelled the show without talking to anyone makes me really mad and I think it is a first (cancelling the show with such ratings) and not very nice to the cast (who - mostlikely - can afford being fired like that) and especially the crew to lose their jobs on such short notice.
don't think we will ever learn the truth though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity
I am gonna watch them tonight

I was confused to but I think I heard Steve saying to Mai he wasn't his brother he took DNA but I am not sure.
glad you saved yourself some episodes

I rewatched and she didn't, but it was wo fat who told steve's father that he is doris' son, so maybe he lied to his wife too and that is why she said it to steve and believed in what she did.

I understand the people who are not happy that steve ended up with catherine and that is what I always said: happy ending for that half of the fans is not happy ending for the other half.
I am happy with it, because for me they always belonged together. I know she broke his heart and I was mad at her when she left, but I think she had her reasons. at the time serving her country was her determination and her duty and she made a lot of sacrifices for that. and I truly believe that she really regrets what she has done to steve.
but the most important thing - no matter if we wanted catherine back or not - is that we all wanted steve to be happy. and I think he now is.

and I am also really happy that they don't kill anyone off - especially not danny - so that we can still imagine steve returning after a few month or a year, after clearing his mind and getting his psyche back on track. he can still live on hawaii, having a family, returning to H-50, sitting on the chairs at the beach with danny having some beers.

Last edited by nuwanda; 04-04-2020 at 11:27 AM
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Agree, immunity, with
what you said about Alex producing the show and getting less screen time. I wouldn’t have loved seeing less of him. Because I love seeing him. But I would have been okay with it. Just like I was okay with episodes without Danny. I was always glad they found a way to meet everyone’s needs.

I thought we saw less of Alex this season than ever before. I missed him but I enjoyed the other characters taking lead. And I imagine that gives your supporting cast encouragement and makes them feel like they have an important part to play.

So now I really don’t know why they cancelled this show. And I am more sad. I’m gonna miss it.

It was all about their family and they became a family to me as well.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)

I understand the people who are not happy that steve ended up with catherine and that is what I always said: happy ending for that half of the fans is not happy ending for the other half.
I am happy with it, because for me they always belonged together. I know she broke his heart and I was mad at her when she left, but I think she had her reasons. at the time serving her country was her determination and her duty and she made a lot of sacrifices for that. and I truly believe that she really regrets what she has done to steve.
Yeah, I completely agree with you on that. Theres always going to be someone who is upset with the ending, but I feel like how it was written gave a happy ending to both the people who loved Cath/steve and those who didn't. At least that is the way I feel about it because there were still a lot of great happy ending scenes between Danny and Steve. And just because he leaves hawaii for a little bit doesn't mean he's abandoning him. After everything that Steve and Cath went through and Cath always putting her country before her personal life, and Steve always putting 5-0 before his personal life, I feel like the fact that they both left together was their way of finally deciding to put their personal life first.

Quote:
and I am also really happy that they don't kill anyone off - especially not danny - so that we can still imagine steve returning after a few month or a year, after clearing his mind and getting his psyche back on track. he can still live on hawaii, having a family, returning to H-50, sitting on the chairs at the beach with danny having some beers.

Yeah, I would have been really upset if they killed anyone off so I am glad that they didn't and they kept it a full happy ending. I agree, I can see him going back home to hawaii in a few months or a year with Catherine and a family and he will have what Danny always did have. That is where I feel like it was a lot different for Steve than it was for Danny because Danny always had a family to go back home to after a tough case or whatever, but Steve didn't. And with so many people who he loved dying recently I can see where it can take a toll on him. You always need that work/life balance but Steve didn't have that balance. Once he does, then Steve and Danny can sit in those chairs watching the sunset.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
And just because he leaves hawaii for a little bit doesn't mean he's abandoning him.

I feel like the fact that they both left together was their way of finally deciding to put their personal life first.
exactly. and I also believe mcdanno and mcrollins are able to co-exist.

I really hope they will do that
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
exactly. and I also believe mcdanno and mcrollins are able to co-exist.

I really hope they will do that
Oh, yeah, I agree completely. They are both two separate types of relationships. They co-existed before, I believe they can do it again

Old 04-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Oh, yeah, I agree completely. They are both two separate types of relationships. They co-existed before, I believe they can do it again

Exactly my thoughts Even Danny knew that Cath was the one for Steve I wished that in the last few min they made a time jump so we could see them all happily live together in Hawaii.
For me that would have been a epic end of the serie.

Rating serie finale Hawaii Five-O ...... 0.9 and 9.349 million viewers. h5O won the night by far!!!

STUPID! CBS
Reply   Post New Thread