Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh I managed to watch the episode last night but only now I can write here.

So I liked the episode and frankly it was everything I expected.The only thing I did not like was that we only saw so little of Wo Fat - Shelbourne drama.It went by so fast for me.And there were other things they could have been more circumstantial.I mean that we could have seen more about Kono.She was saved so fast and I believe she should have been taken to the hospital and more attention paid on the fact that she spent some time in the water.

I liked that Steve was calling his mother Doris rather than Mom and she refered her as his mother in the moment he thought he was going to lose her.That was very nice.I moment of tenderness.And speaking of that my favourite moment was when Doris said to Danny ''You can call me mom.Someone should.''It was so funny.Doris turned out to be very funny and perspicacious.She knew something was going on between Steve and Cath or maybe she was watching him the whole time and she knew.

I liked how Cath was introduced to the show.Steve said she was on her leave and wonder how it will turn out that she will stay on Hawaii.Poor Cath she spends her leaves the strangest ways.I really wished that Kamekona did not show up at the moment Cath was going to say whether she loved Steve on not.And also I bet that Doris will love her.

I was damn sure Chin was going to kill Delano.He sure is not a dirty cop but when ones suffers he can do anything.I think for the first time I saw the dark side growing in him.I liked that the team supported the fact he killed Delano.They are used to doing things not quite by the book though but still...

DDK did a very good job showing the suffering of his character.I totally believe him and I saw a video on the actor right before that I was even wondering what happened to the pain of Chin.

I very good episode but I was thinking that many of my favourite shows does one hour episodes when it comes to big drama as this one we had in Hawaii 5-0.I was thinking that it would not have been bad if they made such a one hour event.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the episode, but I'm not sure I liked it. Frankly, I'm tired of Wo-fat and I think that H50 needs a new Big Bad. And, honestly, what the show is hinting on about Wo-Fat and Mama McG...I don't like that. It's too soap opera like. Do not want.

So far I'm enjoying Catherine's parts in the show, but I'll be disappointed if they'll do what they did with Lori and have her be there just for being there and eating away Danny's/Chin's/Kono's screentime. But I guess that will happen due to the fact she's a regular now. There's already not enough of the rest of Five-0 though.

I really disliked Mama McGarrett. Steve was in the right when he was hurt by her.

I think if the show is going to concentrate on Steve too much it will be detrimental to the show. Danny needs a storyline that's not about his "evil" ex-wife. Kono needs to show off her baddass and Chin needs to not get magically better like everytime something serious happened on this show. In shows where there's a core four there needs to be storylines for everyone.

All in all, I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I like where it's going.

I'm looking forward to 3x03.

Yolanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
So I liked the episode and frankly it was everything I expected.The only thing I did not like was that we only saw so little of Wo Fat - Shelbourne drama.It went by so fast for me.And there were other things they could have been more circumstantial.I mean that we could have seen more about Kono.She was saved so fast and I believe she should have been taken to the hospital and more attention paid on the fact that she spent some time in the water.
To be honest Dessy I am tired of the Shellbourne/Wo-Fat storyline wrap it up and move on IMO sorry!

I agree Kono was saved so fast not even a check in the hospital and I wonder how Adam could find her so fast in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanee (View Post)
I enjoyed the episode, but I'm not sure I liked it. Frankly, I'm tired of Wo-fat and I think that H50 needs a new Big Bad. And, honestly, what the show is hinting on about Wo-Fat and Mama McG...I don't like that. It's too soap opera like. Do not want.
DITTO! H5O needs another valian.

I read it everywhere on other forums and even TV Guide mention it that Wo-Fat maybe is Steve's half brother PLEASE!! Peter Nooooo!

Quote:
So far I'm enjoying Catherine's parts in the show, but I'll be disappointed if they'll do what they did with Lori and have her be there just for being there and eating away Danny's/Chin's/Kono's screentime. But I guess that will happen due to the fact she's a regular now. There's already not enough of the rest of Five-0 though.
I am glad that Catherine is part of the show now, If they use Catherine the way they use Max I don't see any problems. Lori was to much in some episodes she had even more screentime then Steve I hope Peter has learn from his mistakes

Quote:
I think if the show is going to concentrate on Steve too much it will be detrimental to the show. Danny needs a storyline that's not about his "evil" ex-wife. Kono needs to show off her baddass and Chin needs to not get magically better like everytime something serious happened on this show. In shows where there's a core four there needs to be storylines for everyone.
I agree I hope he gets custody over Gracie and that, that will be the end of that storyline for good! Danny will get some heavy episodes this season the spoilers are already out for him

Quote:
I'm looking forward to 3x03.
I posted the promo pics from that episode already in the Media Thread!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
To be honest Dessy I am tired of the Shellbourne/Wo-Fat storyline wrap it up and move on IMO sorry!
I am not tired of Wo Fat; I think he is a GREAT villian but I am tired of Shelbourne and Wo Fat's involvement in it. I hope it is resolved soon.

Quote:
I agree Kono was saved so fast not even a check in the hospital and I wonder how Adam could find her so fast in the ocean
Chin knew Kono's location and I am sure that is how Adam found her so fast. I have to admit, as with last season, Kono's stuff wasn't followed through on.

Quote:
DITTO! H5O needs another valian.
That WOULD be cool

Quote:
I read it everywhere on other forums and even TV Guide mention it that Wo-Fat maybe is Steve's half brother PLEASE!! Peter Nooooo!
That would make me SCREAM!!! I would rather see Doris in "business" with Wo Fat.

Quote:
I am glad that Catherine is part of the show now, If they use Catherine the way they use Max I don't see any problems. Lori was to much in some episodes she had even more screentime then Steve I hope Peter has learn from his mistakes
Lena, my thoughts exactly!!! Catherine's scenes would have more impact if she is used as Max as. TPTB were so intent in getting Lori scenes that she would be put in scenes when it made no sense for her to be there. I too hope Peter has learned his lesson; Catherine is well liked and I would hate to see that turned into resentment if one of the Core Four is slighted.

Quote:
I agree I hope he gets custody over Gracie and that, that will be the end of that storyline for good! Danny will get some heavy episodes this season the spoilers are already out for him
And I am really excited for that. And 3.03 looks like a hoot!!!

Quote:
I agree, and it sounds as if Peter is headed in the right direction
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I know what you mean Lena hun,I am tired of this drama as well but it seems to go on even further.Just I meant that for the level it gained for me it was important that they did not come so fast to the point when Doris and Wo Fat come face to face.

Quote:
Yeah,there should not been too much time between her being droped in the water and him coming to her rescue because either way she could have died.I noticed that when Adam was already in the water the bad guys have left.That was very fast and indefinite for me.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

If Catherine is written well, I don't mind how much screentime she gets. I've more intrerest in her than Danny. I had my fill of the forced bromance and when Danny was front and centre in the episodes without Steve, I found him boring and he just didn't hold my attention.
I'm not looking forward to any Danny centric episodes because for me the writers have ruined his character and Scotts lack of enthusisam makes me feel he doesn't even want to be there.
Steve is the driving force in the show for me. Without him the show just wasn't worth watching. I don't mind how much focus he gets as he's the character that engages me the most.
Great to see DDK get more though and I've love to see more focus on him. I still enjoyed his charater last season despite how little he was used. I hope Adam gets some decent screentime as well. I'd like to see the writers actually shake things up a bit for a change. It seems they are relying on big explosions and Steve and Danny acting like kids.
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is one of my favorite premieres and so gut wrenching. I wept the final few minutes, too.

Everything I love about this show was in the third season premiere.