Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

That "Booboo" crack made me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by h50fan (View Post)
As much as I love Catherine when did she turn into ninja Cath. Do communications analysts get this kind of training.

Chin was fantastic but very disappointed what he did in the end. Why do the good guys get to take the law into their own hands - with no consequenses I'm sure.
She's a navy officer--they're probably given some kind of defense training.

As for Chin, I'm pretty sure not everyone will agree with me but I would've done exactly the same thing in his place because one, the guy he offed was evil, and two, I won't have anything left to lose.
imbyerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, now that I've seen the episode...

I'm still sad that Malia had to die, but I guess it was either kill Kono or Malia for Chin to go dark. And boy did he go dark. His face when he just straight up and shot Delano was intense and scary. Curious to see if this is something that will stick in future episodes, considering that Chin used to be a very cheerful guy before, even when he was being acused of being corrupted.

As I said in my previous post, totally called the Kono rescue by Adam. It makes sense to me that Chin will call Adam given that 1) he's not law enforcement and 2) he does have the resources to rescue her (aka he is filthy rich).

I was hoping that Kono can actually get out of that predicament herself in terms of swimming up towards the surface, but... she sank kinda quickly.

I guess they need Adam to save her because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for her to forgive Chin or sympathatize with him so easily if she didn't see that he tried to save them both as best he can?

As for other things... Mama McG rubbed me off the wrong way, too, in being a bit cocky, though I'm curious to see why she let Wo Fat go or why he let her go, etc.

The good thing about mama mcG is that, it was great to see Steve have that emotional storyline. Nice to see Alex really pull all the stops for those scenes.

Also. CATHERINE. I laaaaaaaaahv her. Oh my gosh. XD Though yeah, I don't know when she turned into ninja Cath, but I figured, I just can't see McGarrett dating any girl who can't take care of herself.

Uhm.. danny... he didn't get to do much this episode, but I think that's mostly because it was a Steve?Chin/Kono centric episode. I suspect Danny will get the spotlight soon.

Also speaking of danny.. not pleased with the "boo boo". I think they should just stop trying to make the bromance so obvious.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also. CATHERINE. I laaaaaaaaahv her. Oh my gosh. XD Though yeah, I don't know when she turned into ninja Cath, but I figured, I just can't see McGarrett dating any girl who can't take care of herself.
I believe it's mandatory for Navy people to get or take up martial arts, regardless of their position in the Academy. I wasn't surprised she could kick ass.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Passionate Fan

I actually forgot that the show was coming back tonight then I suddenly Remembered when I came here...

Glad the episode is over, Didn't really like it.. Only think i did like was the gun fight!

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterboyz (View Post)
I believe it's mandatory for Navy people to get or take up martial arts, regardless of their position in the Academy. I wasn't surprised she could kick ass.
Actually, yeah, I googled and it seems that even if it's not part of her basic Navy training, she could have signed up for martial arts classes in the Navy.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I found it a great episode to start season 3

They killed of Malia which I said they would when we got to see them getting married in episode 2.12 a marriage in the middle of a season never ends well.

Poor Malia when I saw her lying there by Max and Kono,Steve, and Danny came in I started to cry I was glad that Steve said to his mom to stay where she was so we had a little Ohana moment.

DDK nailed all his scene’s especially the one in the end in the kitchen we have to prepare ourself that Chin will go to a dark place. I totally understand why he killed Delano I have would done the same as he did. If it will bite him in the ass this season I don’t know nobody was there to see what he did only when they will start a investigation to the dead of Delano they will find out that his gun was empty. And can we really blame him for what he did. He just lost his wife. Steve or the Governor had to send him home they never had to allow him to stay on the case.

Shelburne is Doris McGarrett something we have already guessed halfway through season 2. I'm sure it was difficult for her to give up her family for what she thought was for their own safety, but it seems to me she saved herself first she wanted that Steve saw it from her point of view and totally had no understanding for what her husband and kids went through she was nosy, rude and bitchy to everyone. She acted of she was some kind of Hero , I applause Steve for calling her Doris instead of mom. "Since when does a son call his mother by her first name?" "Since she failed to be one. What did she expect that all was forgiven when she opend that door. I wonder what deep dark secret she have with Wo-Fat you could see on Wo-Fat face they knew each other please let it not be Steve brother at the end that would be so cheesy. I hope they don’t drag this storyline out to long I want answers and have no patience to wait till the season finale.

I think Christine Lahti is a great casting choice for playing Momma McGarrett I enjoyed the scene’s between her and Alex they played very well with each other. And it is nice to see a different Steve for a change. Alex is really a great actor in playing emotional sence’s well done Alex.

Really enjoying the addition of Catherine full time She has great chemistry with Steve and she is probably the only one Steve fully trusted and Wow she showed some badass action wonder where she learnt that I hope the writers will explain that in the future episodes.

Kono safed by Adam was what we all expected who else could Chin have called to safe Kono.

Max recovery was very quick afterall we started this season a few sec. after where we left in season 2.

Danny had not much to do this episode only to complain about the costudy what we got to see in a cargument the best part for me in that cargument was that Uncle Steve thought about what this battle between Danny and Rachel means for Gracie.

All in all a excellent start of this season with only two complains from me.

1) The escape from Wo-Fat bye helicopter I found that ridiculous why didn’t the police cars stop and shoot on the chopper .
2) Why nobody ask if Kono was okay afterall she almost drowned. Just like last year when Kono was undercover no words from Steve or Danny to Kono.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Some thoughts:

Did Dad McG know Mama was a CIA Spy? Never said, but she did say she used the name Doris the day she met his father, so I'm left to believe he didn't.

Oh, Steve is not pleased. As he should be.

Mom: Since when does a son call his mother by her first name?
Stve: Since you failed to be one.

That was some escape... I didn't realize you could easily get that kind of crane.

Mom: You ever think about going for round two?
Danno: I'd actually rather get kicked in the face with a golf shoe.

So Danno has carguments with Mama McG too.

Cath: I'm gonna look after her like she's my own mother.... that came out wrong.
Stve: I don't think so.

OH STEVEN.

"Do you love my son?" Just plow right through, mom.

Kamekona being hilarious.

Danno's ringtone is 'Evil Woman'.

"This is her home now." That's interesting coming from Danno. Maybe he's accepted that if Grace is with him, then Hawaii can be his home.

HOLY COW CHIN. His shootout with Delano was hot! I don't have a problem with what he did. Delano deserved it, and I'm pretty sure that if I had a loaded gun in my hands at that moment, I'd do the same thing.

Wo got away? How'd they go from pointing guns at each other to him getting away? Something doesn't feel right about that. I KNEW IT!

Oh Chin....

Quote:
Moma McG is far too arrogant and cocky for someone whose just come back from abandoning her kids for 20 years.
I felt the same.

Quote:
Actually, yeah, I googled and it seems that even if it's not part of her basic Navy training, she could have signed up for martial arts classes in the Navy.
All military personnel are trained to have some sort of hand-to-hand combat, but those ninja skills could definitely been of her own doing. Maybe her and Steve practice them together
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbyerna (View Post)
That "Booboo" crack made me LOL

She's a navy officer--they're probably given some kind of defense training.

As for Chin, I'm pretty sure not everyone will agree with me but I would've done exactly the same thing in his place because one, the guy he offed was evil, and two, I won't have anything left to lose.

If Chin wants to take the law into his own hands and execute someone then he needs to face the consequences like anyone else. Its totally hypocritical for him to remain a law enforcement officer after doing what he did. i'm sure many people would like to dish out their own justice but then we'd have a world full of vigilantes.
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If Chin wants to take the law into his own hands and execute someone then he needs to face the consequences like anyone else. Its totally hypocritical for him to remain a law enforcement officer after doing what he did. i'm sure many people would like to dish out their own justice but then we'd have a world full of vigilantes.
I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back to bite him, but at the same time, I could see him lying about it and saying he had a gun pointed at him with no idea how many rounds were left in the clip and he reacted. Either way, I was interested that Delano said he'd be a dirty cop and he shot him regardless, when during the first season, it really affected him being called a dirty cop.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to definitely see its effects later this season, especially since Chin seems to be going down that road.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Ok, I was ready to watch it last night, but my internet connection decided to stop working, so I had to wait untill this morning. But the wait was worth it, I think it was a great Season Premiere, full of action and emotional things...

I'll start by saying that I didn't like Doris McG, it's probably early to say anything, but I don't know, I have a bunch of mix emotions when I think about her.... She was arrogant, and the way she talked to Danny and Cath, being all nosy (like she knew them for more than 5 minutes) and speaking as if she knows everything and is the best at everything.... not doing it for me. Christine was awesome with her acting, I think the problem here was with the writing.

I really hope the Wo Fat thing don't last the whole season.... I'm way beyond bored with that already.

And I have to say that Steve's reaction was pretty much how I expected at the begining not calling her mom, wanting some answers, but I think he had a change of heart way too fast (the woman pretend to be dead for 20 years, and her decision pretty much screw up his whole family, and after just a little while he was all "I'm not gonna lose you again"). Kudos to Alex though, because his acting was perfect... very emotional!

I'm really happy that Michelle Borth is now a regular, because I love the actress and I love Cath a lot since the first time she appeared.. Cath had a very good entrance, great lines and an incredible action scene (she totally kicked ass). Now that she'll be around it's going to be cute seeing her and Steve together more often and not only for a dinner or weekend. But I have to say that I'm a little worried that the writers will make her good at everything, and that for me, is exactly the way to make me starting to dislike a character. And I admit, I DON'T want Cath to be part of the 50 Task Force now!!!! Maybe later, but for now, I want her to keep having her carreer with the Navy and having a life that doesn't revolves much around Steve (she is a strong person, and being connect to him in every aspect of her life doesn't seem very believable to me).

DDK was AMAZING! Words cannot describe it! I think that we'll see a different side of Chin... you know, I felt like this episode marked the moment that everything changed.
I knew for a while due to a spoiler DDK let slip on an interview that Malia was going to die, but I'm not happy about this decision... First because I loved those two together, and we barely seen them together. Secondly because I'm a huge fan of Reiko, so I'm sad to see her go (killed off again). But most important is that it's a very cliche scenario. The good cop that had his loving wife killed by a bad guy, and then he went down a miserable path?! Haven't we seen that in every cop show/movie?! I expected more.

Danny's storyline didn't get much attention, but I think that was a wise thing, because there were a LOT of things already happening at once. They'll probably focus more on that in the next episode or so. Loved the new ringtone for Rachel. I really liked that Steve thought about how hard this custody thing is going to be for Gracie.

Well, it's no secret that I ship Adam/Kono since before that was even a possibility LOL... So, those two scenes that they had was perfect for my shipper heart. We've been talking here on the board since last season's finale, and we all had this theory that Chin would've called Adam to the rescue, and we were RIGHT! Just like Hannah said in her post, I sort of wanted Kono to be able to at least get loose of her restrain by herself (and I thought that it was pretty stupid that she didn't untied herself since her hands were bound in the front) but that's ok because Shirtless Adam made up for that!
And at the end, when Adam was there to confort Kono, ans saying that she saved his life when they met was AWESOME! Completely cute

I didn't like was that no one other than Chin and Adam seemed to care about Kono, there was no "how are you doing after almost dying" or "are you ok?" nothing, not even a mention... it's pretty much the exact same way that happened the whole UC job she did for Fryer or when she started dating Adam (the head of the Yakuza), it's like "that happened but we're past that".... it bothers me!

Also, I like a good cargument, but the Booboo thing was Ridiculous! I mean, it came out of nowhere, and IMHO I don't think Steve would ever say something like that... I hated that part.

It was great seeing Max, but unrealistic, he was shot and went through surgery the day before, and now he's already up and working?! Does he have superpowers?!!
And Kamekona was funny as always! I loved seeing him!

Overall I really like the episode, the season started with a bang! Can't wait for next week now
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
I want to definitely see its effects later this season, especially since Chin seems to be going down that road.
I hope we do get to see some consequenses but I'm not holding my breath. It will most likely be forgotten like Danny shooting a man in custody.

I still felt the team feeling was gone and I felt more chemistry between Adam and Kono in their one minute scene than the rest of the cast put together. No one was really there for Chin. DDK did an amazing job and I found his story the most interesting.
I really couldn't take to Moma McG. She seemed more like Danny's mom than Steves. Her snarky rude behaviour would have been believable if she'd been Danny's mom and we could have seen where he got his ranting snarky personality from. But her arrogant attitude for someone who just stepped back into her sons life after 20 years was totally unbelievable.

I would have liked to have seen more Steve/Catherine and not just useing her as a body guard for his mom. Steve embracing Doris seemed way too soon and he forgave her far too easily. I've really no interest in this storyline anymore and I hope they are not going to turn WoFat into a joke. I've loved him up until now but his character is becoming too cheesy.

The writers think lots of wham bam is what keeps the audience watching but they need to build up their characters. The Booboo thing was just cringeworthy. Why can't they move past this nonsence and show a believable friendship between Steve and Danny. I dread the lost at sea episode.

The writers have managed to make me loose interest in most of the characters. I've no interest in Danny at all and the only believable moment between him and Steve was when Steve told him that Grace would be the one affected the most. Thats something that has bugged me ever since Danny said he wanted custody. Did he even consider Graces feelings in all of this. How could Danny realistically take care of Grace when he works such long hours.

The character building is still lacking and there's no real sense of familyl, at least for me except for Adam.Kono...their scene was the most genuine for me. DDK did a great job and I can't fault his acting but I felt no real connection to Malia so couldnt feel that upset for him. I do hope Chin's not going to go all dark and moody now for the rest of the season. I'd like to see some consequenses for his actions but can't see the writers addressing this at all.

Last edited by h50fan; 09-25-2012 at 02:09 PM
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow!! I agree Lena a GREAT beginning to season 3. Lots of action and top notch acting up and down the cast list.

Random Thoughts:

Where do I begin?

I guess I got my answer on how many eppies William Baldwin will be in...ahh..one.

It may have been fairly unrealistic how Wo Fat escaped, but it was kinda cool

Steve/Doris:

I have to admit, I saw the interview with CL, so I knew what was coming down the pike, but it was good to hear it from her lips, and it only made sense. The scene was intense and very well acted. Doris, I agree, was a pretty bitchy for someone who left her kids for 20 years.

Quote:
Did Dad McG know Mama was a CIA Spy?
From the conversation in Japan and in the car, I agree Dingbat, James didn't know.

AOL expressed the shock bewilderment and anger very well through his beautiful eyes and CL did an excellent job creating a complex woman, with, let's face it many secrets. This eppie answered many quetions but brought up several.

Why was Doris shoot into the ground? Why didn't Wo Fat get off a shot? Why do I have a feeling that all of this is going to cause Steve more angst?!!

Danny:

Loved his new ring tone for Rachel. I love him telling Doris she had no business giving parential advice. And he kicked butt.

Kono:

I like Kono more and more every eppie. She is the perfect combination of toughness and compassion. Her concern for Chin was heartwarming and I actually chanted her name when she climbed on the hood of the car to shoot "Toothpick". I was hoping it would be Adam that would save her (if she didn't save herself) and it seemed to cement their relationship. Oh by the way, Kono+Adam=Hot hot HOT!!!

Chin:

DDK acting was some of the best in the series. He is in that dark place.
Spoiler:
. I was disappointed but not surprised he shot Delano (WILL it jump up and bite him later?) And when he got home after getting even and realising Malia was gone about broke my heart.

Catherine:

If continued to be handled properly, Catherine is a great addition to the cast!! She looked beautiful and I rather enjoyed her kicking booty. Her scene with Doris was very well written. If she had came out and said she loved Steve with what seemingly little time they have spent together, would have been, IMO, unrealistic at this point.

I know I might receive some flake for this but outside of what she did in this eppie with Doris and her scenes with Steve, I am having a hard time envisioning Catherine's continued role. Don't get me wrong; I love Catherine and is the show added a new cast member she is the only character that would be acceptable to me. My problem with Lori Weston is that she was written so much like Steve it seemed fake or forced. So far the writers are letting Catherine be...well...Catherine and I hope it stays that way. Steve said she was on leave, so it could be either back to a ship or I am sure there is a naval base she can be stationed at. If TPTB used Catherine sparingly like they did last night, her scenes will have more impact.

Hopefully sooner rather than later we'll have some answers for Doris and see how far down that dark road Chin goes.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Guys I wanna thank you all so much for posting your thought's about the epiosde here it was a joy to read them all

Quote:
I really hope the Wo Fat thing don't last the whole season.... I'm way beyond bored with that already.
Same here Si another season about Shellburne (Moma McG) and Wo-Fat would kill the serie IMO and lets face it how many times can Wo-Fat escape I know Wo-Fat was in the first H5O there for almost 8 seasons but it isn't 1968/1980 anymore viewers getting bored very fast nowadays! it's time for a new villain.

Quote:
I'd like to see some consequenses for his actions but can't see the writers addressing this at all.
h50fan DDK gave a interview on TV Guide where they talked about of there will be some consequenses for Chin this was DDK answer.
Spoiler:

To Lori to answer your spoiler question Yes DDK have said that.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Q: How much will Steve and the team be there for Chin during his struggle?DDK: One of the biggest themes of this series is family. In almost any episode you watch there’s a reinforcement of that.
and yet, we didn't see Steve nor Danno talk to Kono about her harrowing ordeal, which still bugs me about last night's episode.

I also agree with you, Lena, about the ridiculous way Wo Fat's armored vehicle was hijacked--that claw grabber was somewhat slow, and no one in the police convoy even bothered to take a shot at the helicopter!
imbyerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread