Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Extreme Fan

A very well written and intense episode!! I think this was one of 5-0's best.

Random Thoughts:

YES!!! Kono is back!! I think we all pretty much figured out that she was undercover but I agree with Sansa, the writers did a great job of intergrating Kono's assignment with the case involving the rest of the team.

Loved seeing Chin with Malia. I wish someone would tell Kono the truth about their breakup; I hate seeing Kono down on someone who could make her cousin so happy.

I have always enjoyed Chin and Kono's close relationship. He was so concerned about her.

One of the many, many things that I like about the character of Steve McGarrett is his loyalty and his protective nature toward his team. Steve going to the mat for his team results in them following even into the gates of Hell (he'll need their loyalty going up against Wo Fat). "Nobody messes with his team"!!

Glad to see Steve and Danny mainly working together. And a car argument to boot. There is no reason why Lori can't work with Chin and now Kono.

Quote:
Love Chin/Lori scene.It was so casual.His comment about her being a lot like Steve was interesting and it was a lot better than Danny`s comment from the last episode.And this is actually the first time it was mentioned that Lori and Steve have something in common.I know it was said she is his female version but I have not see that until now.
I wasn't as crazy about this scene. If I didn't know about Peter's tweet concerning the Lori and Steve (Steve/Cath thread page 3 post #42 and I hope he was being truthful), I would have rolled my eyes and seen it as continuing the process of shoving Lori and Steve together (actually the two of them being that much alike is another reason not to put them together). I think Chin's comment was just an observation, maybe for her to have a clearer picture of Steve and who he is.

Quote:
I am now thinking Lori really does have something for Steve.Maybe a little spark for now.
IMO, I saw her just as a profiler trying to profile someone, and having a frustrating time of it (and it was driving her crazy). Even though her intent was to talk out her thought processes trying to figure out what makes Steve tick, I found her snide "daddy issues" comment tackless and insensitive, not knowing what is going on with Steve's Dad. Kodos to Chin in not engaging in any gossip.

The best part of the eppie to me was the end: Steve punching Fryer and telling his team "let's to home" and having his team, the WHOLE team walking in unity together.

Looking forward to next week; Joe vs Wo Fat, the crossover with the agent from NCIS and a shirtless Steve literally taking in on the chin. Here's hoping he doesn't have a glass jaw
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode is very much watched.Where I get in it BG there were 990 downloads when I did it and by this moment there are 1300.Only for today.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw this last night and then right to bed because my daughter had a field trip I was going on with her today. (Went great by the way) and then the kids had their hour and half on the net and now it's my turn. LOL

I agree this was very good epidosode and I think that Lori was just trying to profile Steve. Maybe a little school girl crush, but let's hope that PL's tweet was truthful and Steve doesn't encourage it. (After all he is a good looking man. A small crush is allowable as long as Steve doesn't return the feelings and that's what a crush means anyway. Having feelings for someone who doesn't return those same feelings.)

I donot agree that Lori is a female Steve. I haven't seen that. Give me her fighting like Steve and acting like Steve before you give me that line from another character!

I loved the fact that Chin stayed silent and let Lori just dig herself in deeper. And for her to make the "Daddy issues" comment? That was first season and it was between Danny and Steve, because Danny knew what happened to his father. He hasn't shown any of that this season! Where does she get that -- his file? Come on, get the information from what you observe, not what you read! The character has really dropped the ball on this one. The writers dropped the ball as well, if she supposed to be a female Steve. Steve would never take a file and base his opinion on it and even after seeing and working with that person for five weeks keep that opinion when there has been no evidence of what the file said!

Come on, Season 1, Steve was mourning his father. I think that for a while after your father dies, you have Daddy issues! I know I did, when my dad died and I was 21 when he died! My brother was 18 ad my sisters were only 9. To this day they still have "Daddy issues" in that they come to me and ask me questions about him. And I'm glad that they do. I want them to.

I loved the fact that Kono was undercover to protect not only Chin, but Steve and Danny too. Although when Steve asked "Why didn't she come to us" I yelled at the TV "Why haven't you stuck up for her? You're the reason she's been in trouble!" It was Steve's call and Danny and Steve also participated. They should have come forward to help Kono in any way possible. But nope. They just sat on the sidelines. Yep. The writers and the characters dropped the ball on this one.

Over all, even after all my ranting at the characters, I loved episode!

MacKenzie (Mac)
Facebook: LadyMacKenzie Twitter: LdyMacKenzie
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...eNavySeal2.jpg
LadyMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree this was very good epidosode and I think that Lori was just trying to profile Steve. Maybe a little school girl crush, but let's hope that PL's tweet was truthful and Steve doesn't encourage it. (After all he is a good looking man. A small crush is allowable as long as Steve doesn't return the feelings and that's what a crush means anyway. Having feelings for someone who doesn't return those same feelings.)
I see exactly where you are coming from and I agree. I don't think he will; he has enough to deal with what with his father's status and Wo Fat and Steve will probably not completely trust her for awhile. I can see them becoming friends with a mutual respect. Let her have a crush as long as it doesn't go anywhere.

I think PL's tweet is truthful; I think he was getting alot of flack from fans who were upset about Catherine's departure possibly to make room for Lori and the tweet sounded a bit defensive to me. Usually the truth is expressed in this atmosphere.

Quote:
I donot agree that Lori is a female Steve. I haven't seen that. Give me her fighting like Steve and acting like Steve before you give me that line from another character!
I never liked that description,; I am not saying a woman can't be as tough as a man but Steve is an unusual case being a Navy SEAL and in combat and a tough SOB. I just don't see her being quite that tough.

Quote:
I loved the fact that Chin stayed silent and let Lori just dig herself in deeper. And for her to make the "Daddy issues" comment? That was first season and it was between Danny and Steve, because Danny knew what happened to his father. He hasn't shown any of that this season! Where does she get that -- his file? Come on, get the information from what you observe, not what you read! The character has really dropped the ball on this one. The writers dropped the ball as well, if she supposed to be a female Steve. Steve would never take a file and base his opinion on it and even after seeing and working with that person for five weeks keep that opinion when there has been no evidence of what the file said!
I wonder if that information was in Steve's file. I agree; why would one come to such conclusions and make such a insensitive comment? Watch the man and yes, base your conclusions on his behavior not a file which isn't as accurate as first hand experience. Steve would use the file as a guide not an absolute. I wonder how much field experience Lori actually have or is this her first time out in the "real world" for lack of better expression?

Quote:
Come on, Season 1, Steve was mourning his father. I think that for a while after your father dies, you have Daddy issues! I know I did, when my dad died and I was 21 when he died! My brother was 18 ad my sisters were only 9. To this day they still have "Daddy issues" in that they come to me and ask me questions about him. And I'm glad that they do. I want them to.
My dad died when I was in my late 20's and it is hard for anyone to understand who hasn't lost a parent, and in Steve's case in such a violent way. It seems as if this is a loss Lori has yet to experience.

Steve is more sympathetic and empathetic than Lori one more reason why she is no "female McGarrett".

Quote:
I loved the fact that Kono was undercover to protect not only Chin, but Steve and Danny too. Although when Steve asked "Why didn't she come to us" I yelled at the TV "Why haven't you stuck up for her? You're the reason she's been in trouble!" It was Steve's call and Danny and Steve also participated. They should have come forward to help Kono in any way possible. But nope. They just sat on the sidelines. Yep. The writers and the characters dropped the ball on this one.
I wish they had thrown in a line or two asking how Kono was, and maybe they could have nipped in the bud before it got that far. Maybe it was the only way Kono could get her badge back. Maybe Steve should have come forward but he was having his own problems being thrown in jail accused of two murders. You are right; they could have written differently but maybe it wouldn't have had the same emotional effect.

It makes for great debates!!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wasn't as crazy about this scene. If I didn't know about Peter's tweet concerning the Lori and Steve (Steve/Cath thread page 3 post #42 and I hope he was being truthful), I would have rolled my eyes and seen it as continuing the process of shoving Lori and Steve together (actually the two of them being that much alike is another reason not to put them together). I think Chin's comment was just an observation, maybe for her to have a clearer picture of Steve and who he is.
yeah that i agree on. the writers keep trying to reassure fans that she's not a love interest but it seems like her scenes so far contradict that. a little confused on how they're planning on handling this when they keep throwing "hints" at us.

Quote:
IMO, I saw her just as a profiler trying to profile someone, and having a frustrating time of it (and it was driving her crazy). Even though her intent was to talk out her thought processes trying to figure out what makes Steve tick, I found her snide "daddy issues" comment tackless and insensitive, not knowing what is going on with Steve's Dad. Kodos to Chin in not engaging in any gossip.
yes that's our chin!
qirjanran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Loved the scenes of Steve and Kono.

Danny did look concerned when Kono was being arrested.

Sorry, we do not like Lori.

Chin and Kono, excellent family!
Iara_Cangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Neither do I. Lori being all impatient and stuff... I don't think Steve is like that. if he has to stake out someone, I'm sure he would have done it patiently. It's really more of Danny that's the impatient one... XD
Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I think she is a lot like Danny as well.About the impatient side.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Was it not the case where Danny would say to Kono in previous episodes that she was a lot like Steve?

You kinda wonder what the writers are thinking when they added in the Lori rambling about Steve & the 'daddy issues' bit. They could have got her to do something else like chew gum or preferably shut up

I'm still on a Steve/Kono high from the interrogation scene All of the actors involved done a great job there

I absolutely love the debate on this thread & loving that the series still has a long way to go yet

Last edited by x-spacecadet-x; 10-19-2011 at 02:23 AM Reason: typo
x-spacecadet-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-spacecadet-x (View Post)
Was it not the case where Danny would say to Kono in previous episodes that she was a lot like Steve?

You kinda wonder what the writers are thinking when they added in the Lori rambling about Steve & the 'daddy issues' bit. They could have got her to do something else like chew gum or preferably shut up

I'm still on a Steve/Kono high from the interrogation scene All of the actors involved done a great job there

I absolutely love the debate on this thread & loving that the series still has a long way to go yet
I can not help but see the scene of the interrogation.

I've seen several times.
Iara_Cangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yep Me too
x-spacecadet-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qirjanran (View Post)
yeah that i agree on. the writers keep trying to reassure fans that she's not a love interest but it seems like her scenes so far contradict that. a little confused on how they're planning on handling this when they keep throwing "hints" at us.
Maybe I am just hoping and praying that PL tweet is the truth, and I am seeing these scenes from the viewpoint that they are just innocent and not the beginnings of something that some of us don't want to see. I think all the scenes that could be pointing us in the direction of a possible romance can be taken in either direction.

Did I say I hope that PL is not just leading us on?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
Maybe I am just hoping and praying that PL tweet is the truth, and I am seeing these scenes from the viewpoint that they are just innocent and not the beginnings of something that some of us don't want to see. I think all the scenes that could be pointing us in the direction of a possible romance can be taken in either direction.

Did I say I hope that PL is not just leading us on?
i do hope you're right! i just can't help but be nervous because despite the tweets, it sure seems like they're throwing in hints in the episode and that's being hard to ignore. i want to like her, i do, but i just don't like how they're playing her role so far. we'll have to see.

and yeah, i'm still on a high from that interrogation scene. alex and grace were phenomenal together... the emotion in that room... chills!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

One thing you have to remember is this, the shooting schedule is several episodes a head of the airing schedule. It might take time before we see the results of Lori not being a love interest anymore. I know he said that they are not writing her that way, but the school girl crush thing last night says different. The rest could be innocent though.

MacKenzie (Mac)
Facebook: LadyMacKenzie Twitter: LdyMacKenzie
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...eNavySeal2.jpg
LadyMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacKenzie (View Post)
One thing you have to remember is this, the shooting schedule is several episodes a head of the airing schedule. It might take time before we see the results of Lori not being a love interest anymore. I know he said that they are not writing her that way, but the school girl crush thing last night says different. The rest could be innocent though.
that's a good point. my friend and i were thinking the same thing... how she could have been brought in that way (hence the eyesex in the governor's office and the comments since then) but maybe they decided to pull back after reading fan and critics reaction. we'll have to wait a few more eps and see.
Reply   Post New Thread