Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well I thought it said Steve was 8 and that would put Chin at 19 about to be a rookie.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is what I found why Steve lay a quarter on his father's grave.

Quote:
Soldiers tend to leave coins as a way to pay their respects to fallen comrades. A quarter left on a grave sends a message that someone who was with the soldier when they died paid a visit. When the camera focused on the quarter in this week’s episode, I was reminded that Steve was with his father when he was killed. Sure, it was over the phone while thousands of miles away, but he was still with him at the end.
Quote:
And Immunity: Yup. Dropped it like it never happened. Kind of like the Tony/Ziva thing on NCIS (I'm a major fan). No mention of her at all in the last two seasons. Though that's going to change this coming episode.
Exactly!! the same as Tony/Ziva (major fan to) no freaky mention at all
Old 10-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Moderator Manager

So... finally managed to watch this episode.
And I really liked it!!!

I'll start by saying that I loved Ellie!! And I really like that I didn't get any romantic vibes out of her scenes with Steve, it was more of a friendship that could be formed based on their respect for John. I think it's good and healthy that Steve makes other friends apart from the people he works with.
Loved the mentions to Aunt Deb and Mary and Joan.... and good to see that they are working on explaining how Aunt Deb is still alive and well in the episode she will show up considering that she is now getting treatment. I still just hope that her cancer is not cured by miracle.

Great flashbacks on John, and that scene in the end where we see him having a cute scene with young Steve was ADORABLE
It actually made sense that John cared about Ellie as a way to surrogate his relationship with his own kids.

Hated that Danny wasn't in the episode, but understandable since his baby had just been born and Danny had to travel to New Jersey to give the news to his family... good excuse.

Not enough Kono in the episode... the centric episode for her better be amazing because she really is in the background this season

Curious to see what will happen to Jerry, poor paranoid Jerry got in deeper than he can handle.

I loved the little editing with the scenes and songs they made while they were checking the evidence... just gotta say that I also wish that Max was more present

Anyways, a good episode!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Immunity: Thank you for taking the time to research that laying of the quarter on the grave moment.

Si: Danny's baby was born? Wait. WHAT? Did I miss something. I thought the baby was his ex's new ... latest former husband.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)
Immunity: Thank you for taking the time to research that laying of the quarter on the grave moment.

Si: Danny's baby was born? Wait. WHAT? Did I miss something. I thought the baby was his ex's new ... latest former husband.
You welcome Toni Boop and please call me Lena

Si meant Scott instead of Danny, Scott became a father when this episode got shoot!!
Old 10-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

FINALLY I actually am commenting on an eppie!! RL and a bad cold have been kicking my butt.

Random Thoughts:

I lloved all the John flashbacks and how they explained his connection with Ellie. Every community should have caring cops like John McGarrett. I also enjoyed the scenes with young Steve.

Good continuity with the mention of Mary, Joan and Aunt Deb. Glad to hear she is getting treatment.

Jerry Jerry Jerry, what have you gotten yourself into?!!

Not enough Kono, I agree.

Chin was good though.

One thing I did miss; I know Scott missed the eppie because of the birth of his child, but what was the explanation why DANNY wasn't there? I heard Steve say something about how Danny needed to be with family.

I loved Ellie too!!! I agree with Si; Steve needs friends outside of work and she would be a good one. I really really hope that Steve and Ellie stay "just friends". Can't a man and woman just be friends without romantic involvement ? I think 5-0 could set a good example in that regard. She could be someone Steve goes to when he needs to talk to someone. I can see the two of them sitting by the beach, drinking beers and just hanging out. While I wasn't a fan of McRollins and I don't really miss Catherine, the last thing I want to see is Steve in another romantic relationship. IMO, one can't have too many friends.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
FINALLY I actually am commenting on an eppie!! RL and a bad cold have been kicking my butt.

One thing I did miss; I know Scott missed the eppie because of the birth of his child, but what was the explanation why DANNY wasn't there? I heard Steve say something about how Danny needed to be with family.

I loved Ellie too!!! I agree with Si; Steve needs friends outside of work and she would be a good one. I really really hope that Steve and Ellie stay "just friends". Can't a man and woman just be friends without romantic involvement ? I think 5-0 could set a good example in that regard. She could be someone Steve goes to when he needs to talk to someone. I can see the two of them sitting by the beach, drinking beers and just hanging out. While I wasn't a fan of McRollins and I don't really miss Catherine, the last thing I want to see is Steve in another romantic relationship. IMO, one can't have too many friends.
Hope you feel better soon Lori

Danny needed to be with his family because he was the one who had to tell them their son and brother Matt died

Exactly!! why can't a man and a woman just being friends the H5O writers have a big opportunity here to be different than all the others shows out there!!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Moderator Manager

And I completely agree... A man and a woman can be friends without it ever becoming a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Si meant Scott instead of Danny, Scott became a father when this episode got shoot!!
Yeah!!! I meant Scott.... silly me
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread