Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2017, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
That just proves that chemistry really is subjective.
Oh I completely agree, I don't knock those who don't see a chemistry with them. But I feel like there's a possibility that it may not be a lack of chemistry with Paul and Nina as it is that Stefan and Elena don't have chemistry. I think the proof for me seeing the chemistry was seeing them as Stefan and Katherine interacting. It's just so there! And even if people still don't see it I don't wish to convert them
but there have been times where I've seen fans say "wow I didn't think Paul and Nina had any chemistry but with introducing Katherine into season 2 I can see it". Although no matter what I think SE's chemistry is different than SK's. SE's love is very passionate, romantic, cheesy, and it was an unconditional kind of love. Even when they split, their feelings remained intact and they cared for one another immensely

Love this moment where Elena is still able to admit that she enjoyed things in the bedroom with Stef even without any humanity

x
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Seriously I don't get how anyone could ship Delena or Stelena after season 3. Both abused her and both were unredeemable. Elena, with all her flaws, deserved better than both brothers
Old 05-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the OP!
Old 05-26-2017, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That was a great scene when she didn't have her humanity
Old 05-26-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure is!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane111 (View Post)
Seriously I don't get how anyone could ship Delena or Stelena after season 3. Both abused her and both were unredeemable. Elena, with all her flaws, deserved better than both brothers
Imane, you aren't the first person with this opinion, I too have been open to the idea of Elena finding herself in the end and leaving things open ended where we as an audience can make up our own minds about who ends up with who However I like it best that a brother was chosen because it made sense with all of the good, bad and the ugly that she cared for them immensely. Also unfortunately, this thread isn't the right place to voice this since this thread is dedicated to those who loved and/or adored SE. I think if you had a more "grey area" opinion on SE then an interesting discussion can be sparked from this, but you've made it very clear that you don't like Stefan and Elena at all.

What about starting with talking about how you felt about SE before season 3 happened? Did you ship them at all or did you only get a "better off as friends" vibe? And if you can explain while being respectful and keeping in mind that we're in SE territory, what moment or event ruined them for you? You aren't obligated to answer these questions of course but I'd love to get you included if there was a time where you enjoyed SE.

Also if you'd like to discuss the dynamic between the Elena/Stefan/Damon we do have a thread for them as well

Coming from my perspective, as far as the abuse aspects in this show: they do not bother me quite as much as real life abusive relationships. I feel like we have to remember that this show was about vampires, so their world is much more different, darker, and so to enjoy it we have to suspend our disbelief. At least this it's my method

Last edited by Erinღ; 05-26-2017 at 05:42 AM
Old 05-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Imane, you aren't the first person with this opinion, I too have been open to the idea of Elena finding herself in the end and leaving things open ended where we as an audience can make up our own minds about who ends up with who However I like it best that a brother was chosen because it made sense with all of the good, bad and the ugly that she cared for them immensely. Also unfortunately, this thread isn't the right place to voice this since this thread is dedicated to those who loved and/or adored SE. I think if you had a more "grey area" opinion on SE then an interesting discussion can be sparked from this, but you've made it very clear that you don't like Stefan and Elena at all.

What about starting with talking about how you felt about SE before season 3 happened? Did you ship them at all or did you only get a "better off as friends" vibe? And if you can explain while being respectful and keeping in mind that we're in SE territory, what moment or event ruined them for you? You aren't obligated to answer these questions of course but I'd love to get you included if there was a time where you enjoyed SE.

Also if you'd like to discuss the dynamic between the Elena/Stefan/Damon we do have a thread for them as well

Coming from my perspective, as far as the abuse aspects in this show: they do not bother me quite as much as real life abusive relationships. I feel like we have to remember that this show was about vampires, so their world is much more different, darker, and so to enjoy it we have to suspend our disbelief. At least this it's my method
I was good with stelena till he slept with her without telling her anything about Katherine
Old 06-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane111 (View Post)
I was good with stelena till he slept with her without telling her anything about Katherine
Oh wow, I haven't even thought of this. This is an answer I've never heard before, and I can see why normally exes should stay out of current relationships but Katherine was a unique situation, and it probably hurt for Elena to find out the person she just slept with also had slept with someone who looks exactly like her. I know it would rub me the wrong way.

I think I'm surprised at your answer because while that wasn't okay, it sure is easy to overlook when you get a look at the bigger picture and the other things that weren't okay that were much bigger so if this scene is what ruined SE for you, did you just continue watching th show anyway? I know for a lot of people they watch for that "ship" they love, I watched it for Nina were there any other pairings you appreciated?
Was there anything Stefan could do to "redeem" himself for you to consider liking SE again? Sorry for all the questions Imane, I just love these discussions
Old 06-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Oh wow, I haven't even thought of this. This is an answer I've never heard before, and I can see why normally exes should stay out of current relationships but Katherine was a unique situation, and it probably hurt for Elena to find out the person she just slept with also had slept with someone who looks exactly like her. I know it would rub me the wrong way.

I think I'm surprised at your answer because while that wasn't okay, it sure is easy to overlook when you get a look at the bigger picture and the other things that weren't okay that were much bigger so if this scene is what ruined SE for you, did you just continue watching th show anyway? I know for a lot of people they watch for that "ship" they love, I watched it for Nina were there any other pairings you appreciated?
Was there anything Stefan could do to "redeem" himself for you to consider liking SE again? Sorry for all the questions Imane, I just love these discussions
On the show?No one or maybe Matt. Why?Because regardless of how much she loved both Damon and Stefan, what I saw was that Matt was the special one but we were supposed to ignore it.

How?
1)Matt is the one she died for
2)Seeing Matt getting killed/hurt is what brought her humanity back on
But they chose to ignore that and have them behave as just friends.

Since Matt wasn't an option, she should have kicked them both to the curb and moved on. After all, Elena was just 17 when she met Stefan, barely 23 when she was put in coma.You don't usually meet the one at that age and Damon/Delena was dead at 2x1.So by the end of s3 both stelena and delena were dead for me
Old 06-19-2017, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Imane, more great points on the subject of Matt and Elena. I certainly don't rule Matt out as someone Elena cared very much for and loved deeply as a friend but I only saw it as a friend love and nothing more. I did love seeing their flashbacks too because it gave us insight on what they were like (and I personally loved any and all flashbacks that showed us Elena before the pilot). This is going off-topic for this thread but I'm intrigued so if you have anymore you want to discuss let's do it at the Matt/Elena thread

But just to connect this to SE, I think Elena made it clear in the pilot when she told Stefan how she saw Matt. Something to the effect of she dated him because the friendship seemed so solid that it was worth giving it a try between them romantically but then she lost her parents and it changed her as a person and they broke up. And I think dating Stefan ultimately put the nail in the coffin with her and Matt because I believe it made her realize that it wasn't necessarily just that her parents died but that they seemed to make an incredible bond as friends and with Stefan, he seemed to really excite her and bring her back to "normal" even though the circumstances (vampirism, more deaths, etc) were no where near normal.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That line in the pilot
Old 06-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very amazing!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

First 2 seasons rewatching the first 4 seasons before attempting again to finish The Originals
Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
First 2 seasons rewatching the first 4 seasons before attempting again to finish The Originals
First two seasons of TVD is SE bliss I will never grow tired of rewatching their scenes. They were the highlight at a lot of points for me.

source