Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Im nearly done reading but Im really liking it so far!
It reminds me of the pilot so much
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 09-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes much of the first book was just the pilot.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVenLoVe902 (View Post)
I did like that scene by the creek with her and Emily.
I thought that was a really well done scene in the book. Actually I just thought most things with Maya were done better in the books than they were in the show.

Chrissy |
Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Im nearly done reading but Im really liking it so far!
It reminds me of the pilot so much
Glad you're liking it!

Quote:
Actually I just thought most things with Maya were done better in the books than they were in the show.
I don't know if SS is just a better writer than MK & Co (which isn't that unbelievable) or if Bianca is just not that great at portraying Maya, but, yeah.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by red velvet (View Post)
I thought that was a really well done scene in the book. Actually I just thought most things with Maya were done better in the books than they were in the show.
Definately.

Maya was technically even more forward in the books, but to me it was alright. I mean, she wasn't my favorite character but so much better than show!Maya.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love how much, in retrospect, Book 1 sets up for the rest of the series.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

With regards to Maya, I think it's the writing. We got a LOT more story on Maya in the books. The boyfriend thing was addressed. The CREEK! The cutting... We didn't get any of that in the show.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
With regards to Maya, I think it's the writing. We got a LOT more story on Maya in the books. The boyfriend thing was addressed. The CREEK! The cutting... We didn't get any of that in the show.
Yeah, IA. I just think MK & Co are not that great at developing (certain) characters.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just started reading like an hour ago from those .pdf files you sent me, Twisty, and I'm 80 pages in. 's font is so weird to me right now, as if I'm on some drugs or something.

Anyways, so far, it's 90% the same as the show and I can see the Pilot scenes going through my head as I'm reading. Also, I can't get used to some of the girls' physical descriptions seeing that they're different on the show, and that's kinda bugging me.

Will come back later with more thoughts when I finish the first book. Can't wait till I get to the parts that I don't know from the show.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nat! You started reading the books!

Quote:
Also, I can't get used to some of the girls' physical descriptions seeing that they're different on the show, and that's kinda bugging me.
the physical descriptions are really weird. For me, Emily looks completely different in books/show, that one is the hardest to get used to
Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
For me, Emily looks completely different in books/show, that one is the hardest to get used to
Yea, she's the most different, but I still picture her as Shay.

Oh, and why wasn't show!SW's massage scene in the hot tub like in the book?????
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 03-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

um because we as SW fans would have actually died and never came back
Old 03-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Seriously, I imagined Troian and Julian in that scene and asjhgdfkjhglhk.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 03-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Although Wren is supposed to be somewhat Asian, which I don't think Julian looks like either
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I just don't even register how they're described physically on the books anymore, since I have the cast to imagine all of them as.

OK, I just finished the first book! I definitely get now why you say that the books and show complement one another. The characterization in the books is fleshed out so perfectly, while the friendships on the show are much better shown.

I hope the chapters in the next books have the girls working together and interacting with each other, rather than just one chapter for one character as it is in this first book.

Maya's cutting was never mentioned on the show, was it? Sorry, not a Maya fan so her stuff is forgettable for me. Maya and EM don't bug me here at all, so that's a plus.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson