Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

You really are going to love book!Spencer with that attitude Jackie.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Spencer went on a room-cleaning binge, reviewing what her fight with Ali had really been about, and thinking of things she knew about Ali that none of the others did. Hanna spent hours on her bedroom floor, hiding emptied Cheetos bags under her mattress. Emily couldn't stop obsessing over a letter she's sent to Ali before she disappeared. Had Ali ever gotten in? Aria sat at her desk with Pigtunia.

I love that it's Spencer and Emily that are thinking about Ali. oh, Sara, your word choice makes me SO HAPPY! ♥

Dorky-but-lovable Hanna had become totally undorky and unlovable and was now a total bitch. Hanna and her now best friend, Mona Vanderwaal, had completely transformed themselves the summer between eighth and ninth grade. Emily's mom had recently seen Hanna going into Wawa, the local convenience store, and told Emily that Hanna looked '****teier than that Paris Hilton girl.'

a)Oh, Hanna.
b)Hanna/Mona ♥
c)Oh, Mrs. Fields. LMAO!

"Have fun playing with our balls."

ARIA! ♥ LOVE IT!

YEP! FOR SURE, Spencer Hastings is my favorite person. Just finished her first chapter. And I wanted to CRY. Sorry, but I'm just DRAWN to these types of girls. They break my heart with their perfectionistic tendendies and always, always, ALWAYS overshadowed, no matter what they do or try. And what they want most is just for their parents to NOTICE them. Hell, truthfully, I'm SURPRISED Veronica asked Spencer if she was okay with the barn. Didn't expect that.

And Spencer thinking about Ali. More competition. And Spencer's room looks right into Ali's. "It was like Ali haunted her 24/7." LOVE IT.

"You shouldn't be smoking, you know." OMG! *SQUEAL* They did a role-reversal on the show. GAH! I love it. I mean, I know a little about what will happen with SW, but I'm not there yet, so I don't have to care.

Also, "My Dad's Korean though." THAT explains Wren KIM. Thank god. Because it was so STRANGE. LOL.

Gah, all I hear when I read their scene was show!SW. Oh, Troian and Julian. ♥♥♥
Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Lol, Jackie, all your Spencer/Ali talk reminds me of a line from Emily in Wanted, which I won't spoil here, but it is SO Spencer.

I love book!Spencer so much more before show!Spencer. When I first read the books, I was just like, UGH STFU AND STFD SPENCER. But when I re-read them recently I was all, OH SPENCER LET US CUDDLE. SS definitely loves the foe-yay! between Spencer and Alison, which is just fabulous.

Question, does anyone else find Maya cooler and more likable in the books? In the show I'm always just like, Yeah, whatever, but in the books she was snarky and cool.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I remember her being pretty great in the books.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

So far, where I'm at, it's been very similar to the pilot, so I can't say if I like one better, with Maya.

BTW, I write these down before I come here, so it's a running thought-list that I stock up until someone has posted here. LOL

"He stared back at her, his face draining of color. 'Holy ****.'"

Oh man, I wish we could have gotten THAT. I mean, I know it was the PG version, but still. I LOVE IT! *giggles*

"The tree house was gone, but carved in the bark on the trunk were the initials: EF+AD."
"Emily had kissed just onother friend. It was two days after she carved their initials into that oak tree and just a week and a half before the end of seventh grade. Alison."

BE STILL MY HEART! ♥

Oh, Ian's the new coach already. Gah, so much chemistry. I can't completely figure out if it's Sara's writing that just oozes the chemistry or I'm thinking of Troian and the guys and TA DA. Either way, LOVING IT!

WHY WE NO GET HOT TUB? I mean, I love the kitchen, but HOT TUB! HELLO!

I love that Spencer's not shy.

"Spencer loved the way he said her name with his British accent - Spen-saah."
GAH! *puddle of goo* ♥

Jeez, so Hanna's already met Isabel and Kate and Alison was there. Woulda been so much better that way.

I'm glad Hanna and Ashley are really close in the show. Not really like that in the books. It's sad.

Gah. WILDEN. ♥ I wish we had more backstory. What a waste! Oh, Hot Stuff.

I love that Hanna was WEARING all the jewerly. LOL.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
"The tree house was gone, but carved in the bark on the trunk were the initials: EF+AD."
"Emily had kissed just onother friend. It was two days after she carved their initials into that oak tree and just a week and a half before the end of seventh grade. Alison."

BE STILL MY HEART! ♥
The initial thing always makes me swoon.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Just...*heart flutter* IT IS WRITTEN ON BARK! The ultimate
Old 09-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

EA are so canon in the books.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I'm indifferent to Maya in general but I found her more fleshed out in the books. I also liked the scence they went swimming and she told her about breaking up with her boyfriend. Where as on the show it seems weird how Maya's boyfriend is never mentioned. I also liked how Em questioned everything in the first book like do I really like swimming or is it something my parents forced me

I also loved the backstory of Hannah meeting Isabel and Kate with Ali I wish they kept that.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I feel like the characters are more fleshed out in the books and you understand their actions a lot better. Quite often things just happen on the show and it's not really clear why. There's better backstory in the books too.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

JUST FINISHED! Wow, that was a very easy, fun read. I'll be back with more crazy thoughts.

But, yeah, Maya was more fleshed. I wish we had gotten SOMETHING more on the show. And when Emily said on the show, I thought it was you...it was a little strange. Yet, MAKES SENSE in the books because she was thinking about the cutting.

Will return with more later.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Jackie! The first book is more a setup than anything else, but I love that it really goes into the characters and their psyche and it will all sort of get played out as the series goes on.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't crazy about Maya in the books, but I definately liked her better than I did in the show.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVenLoVe902 (View Post)
I wasn't crazy about Maya in the books, but I definately liked her better than I did in the show.
Yeah, see?! I don't LOVE Maya, but she's more interesting in the books. Idk, there's something about her in the show ...
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did like that scene by the creek with her and Emily.