Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

From Toby's point of view, he had it coming. He was such a careless amateur, leaving vital evidence on the crime scenes for the girls. It was him in the greenhouse fighting with Emily, wasn't it? He lost the phone there beside the car! And this time, the A-tagged hotel key fell out of his pocket and he didn't even hear the clinking sound when it hit the ground! Unbelievable --- in a bad way.

Finally, when he was in action to retrieve the key in that stormy night, he was caught by Spencer who emotionally collapsed. We know this will happen sooner or later, and it'd be better for Spencer to see the ugly truth with her naked eyes than hearing it from one of her friends.

Overall, A team shoots and scores, making it even in the match of Team Liars vs. Team A --- 1:0 in season 2, 1:1 in season 3 heretofore. A highlight in this miserable episode is Hanna's horny suggestion -- "wearing five-inch heels and NOTHING ELSE! Guys love it!" That's so true. Has Hanna ever tried it for Caleb? Gee, my thought is going filthy and dirty too.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that scene where Hannah mentions how to surprise Toby you can see that Spenser's attitude about the night has changed. I didn't really notice it the first viewing but definitely the second time around. She already knew and instead of going to his house to wait for him she went to her house to catch him. She let him see the key earlier in the episode to bait him.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Toby turned suspicious to Spencer since the Radley badge was found in the drawer, and the shocking sight of him in A's uniform scavenging for the key confirmed her deepest fear. Poor Spencer, she was still reluctant to believe it.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

I was not expecting Spencer to find out about Toby this soon. I wonder what will happen next

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

It's inevitable. Toby is not a masterful spy as circumspect as Mona who had been lurking for two seasons until the little slip of the gum paper left in Ali's diary. Spencer'll find out the truth sooner or later, but sooner is always better than later, giving her leeway to recover from the pain and power up to fight back.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spencer I'm glad she found out so soon though.

I have to rewatch the episode because I was multi-tasking while watching but I just rolled my eyes when Hanna and Emily went into the cellar in front of Meredith. Meredith behaved so suspiciously, had Aria's phone and they saw her in the pharmacy. After 3 seasons they are still so naive and clueless. Haven't they learned anything? The whole sl with Bryon/Aria/Meredith was so odd but at least Aria had something to do and didn't eat cake with Ezra.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Extreme Fan

I was thinking about this earlier, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something..

Mona was in Toby's apartment when Spencer went back at the end of the episode--she was completely unfazed by Spencer finding out about Toby. I'm wondering if maybe Toby's reveal so Spence is what Toby and Mona were talking about earlier in the episode? He said something along the lines of "it's too soon"..was he maybe saying it's too soon for Spencer to know?

Idk, Mona just had such a knowing look on her face..as if she had planned for it all to happen. If so, then Toby could've dropped that key by Hannah on purpose, knowing she would tell Spencer about it.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerforlife (View Post)
I was thinking about this earlier, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something..

Mona was in Toby's apartment when Spencer went back at the end of the episode--she was completely unfazed by Spencer finding out about Toby. I'm wondering if maybe Toby's reveal so Spence is what Toby and Mona were talking about earlier in the episode? He said something along the lines of "it's too soon"..was he maybe saying it's too soon for Spencer to know?

Idk, Mona just had such a knowing look on her face..as if she had planned for it all to happen. If so, then Toby could've dropped that key by Hannah on purpose, knowing she would tell Spencer about it.
Definitely! Toby was not shocked at all that Spencer caught him when he looked up!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by five items (View Post)
When she was in Toby's apartment, she opened his desk drawer looking for a pen. She walked away, but the audience saw that in the same drawer a couple inches away was a Radley staff badge that had Toby's picture on it. Since Spencer had it on her when she confronted Toby, it stands to reason that when she went to put the pen back, she saw the badge, since it was right out in the open.
Ohhhh ok! Got it! Thank you

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I didn't really notice that at first, but it entirely makes sense. For one, I'm pretty sure Toby would have noticed that he dropped the key and gone back for it if it was important he have it. Second, he would know better than to leave his Radley badge in his drawer, even if he didn't know about Spencer's surprise.

Good thinking! ETA: Also, how Mona says "they have to know she's in charge"... they want the liars to know something, so maybe they're trying to drop clues/reveals so that the liars will understand more?

amelia | icon: mel
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHForeverandAlways (View Post)

I didn't really notice that at first, but it entirely makes sense. For one, I'm pretty sure Toby would have noticed that he dropped the key and gone back for it if it was important he have it. Second, he would know better than to leave his Radley badge in his drawer, even if he didn't know about Spencer's surprise.

Good thinking! ETA: Also, how Mona says "they have to know she's in charge"... they want the liars to know something, so maybe they're trying to drop clues/reveals so that the liars will understand more?
Never thought about it that way, either. But I also think that Toby being revealed was a move by Mona to break Spencer to the core. Mona knows they follow her every move and are never far behind. Toby being -A broke Spencer to the core and it will start a reflex with the other girls. It's a major blow to the entire group. So Mona's plan worked and it will buy her some time to regroup and form a new plan to take the liars down
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by timehealsall (View Post)
Never thought about it that way, either. But I also think that Toby being revealed was a move by Mona to break Spencer to the core. Mona knows they follow her every move and are never far behind. Toby being -A broke Spencer to the core and it will start a reflex with the other girls. It's a major blow to the entire group. So Mona's plan worked and it will buy her some time to regroup and form a new plan to take the liars down

I agree with all of this. I'm still not sure if Toby was in on the reveal though. Mona certainly was. It would be interesting to see if the beginning of next week is Toby walks into the kitchen while Mona is at his table eating. Then we'd know for sure if he planned it with her.

Toby asks Spencer, "How long have you known?" I think Mona planted the ID. She knew about the dinner and that Spencer would be there cooking.

It looked to me like there was a power struggle between Mona and Toby early on. He backs down and says something like, "I only do what I'm told"

I think Mona wanted Toby to know who's in charge too.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Good theory! I wasn't sure what Mona and Toby were talking about, but on a rewatch I interpreted the subject was Hannah. (with Toby thinking it was too soon for an open attack since Emily had told him just that morning Mona/A was being quiet) Mona clearly was of a different opinion, because the girls need to understand A is in charge, always But them talking about the reveal makes just as sense
Interesting though that they don't think of themselves as A, but this she commands and they just do what they're told. Is she red coat? Alison? Both? I can't wait to find out!

I think Mona's intention definitely was to let Spencer know about Toby's betrayal She was so satisfied to hear Spencer so devastated at the door that I'm sure she planted the ID there herself.
But I'm still not sure about Toby... I mean, I doubt he wanted to reveal himself to Spencer. Maybe he wasn't that surprised - almost resigned - because Spencer had found the key (and knew about the hole in his pants ), had been telling lies to him about A for ages and she was also suspicious about Mona winning in the last episode, plus he knows how smart she is so it was matter of time until she figured it out.

Hopefully we'll know by next episode if they had both planned the reveal or not.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
Good theory! I wasn't sure what Mona and Toby were talking about, but on a rewatch I interpreted the subject was Hannah. (with Toby thinking it was too soon for an open attack since Emily had told him just that morning Mona/A was being quiet) Mona clearly was of a different opinion, because the girls need to understand A is in charge, always But them talking about the reveal makes just as sense
Interesting though that they don't think of themselves as A, but this she commands and they just do what they're told. Is she red coat? Alison? Both? I can't wait to find out!

I think Mona's intention definitely was to let Spencer know about Toby's betrayal She was so satisfied to hear Spencer so devastated at the door that I'm sure she planted the ID there herself.
But I'm still not sure about Toby... I mean, I doubt he wanted to reveal himself to Spencer. Maybe he wasn't that surprised - almost resigned - because Spencer had found the key (and knew about the hole in his pants ), had been telling lies to him about A for ages and she was also suspicious about Mona winning in the last episode, plus he knows how smart she is so it was matter of time until she figured it out.

Hopefully we'll know by next episode if they had both planned the reveal or not.

Yep, that's what I think - there was a twinge of suspicion in her after losing the Mona match. So, knowing the hoodie dropped a key was all she needed. So she led him to come get it for proof. She baited him by leaving it out in the open on the counter. The girls NEVER do that. They're really good at hiding all the stuff - usually.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 PM
New Fan

it's impossible that toby was accidentaly discovered, come on it's a prestigious A team, it's ridiculous to believe toby didn't notice a hole in his pocket and didn't hear the noise the key made, and i feel when something drops out of my pocket. and he wouldn't just leave his radley ID just lying there knowing emily has the keys..and there's his reaction, i agree he wasn't surprised when he noticed spencer discovered him..and of course the legendary scene with mona at the end

AND, when mona and toby plan the aciton for tomorrow, we see mona turning off the alarm in someone's house, whose? spencer's! so toby could easily break in..
why would toby say it's too soon for almost insignificant scene with hanna?

why is there such a discussion about byron? he looked so guilty, a little bit now too, so it means he's not guilty..it's PLL, don't forget

can't wait to see spencer's breakdown, but it's totally illogical if she hooks up with toby in the next episode, i mean it's not spencer's thing to do such a thing even if it's toby..