Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

LOL personally i like the dress and the way it looks on her, but i'm hoping they give her a little more nuance this time around and she shows a little humanity/sympathy
Old 05-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Thats expecting to much from them. After all, Uther's not the bad guy anymore....despite burning men, women, and children to death....hes just misunderstood.

Morgana's the villian. I mean, years of constant fear from her dreams and the terror that she might be burned to death at any given time. Why would be have any sympathy for her? She smirks so evilly after all.

): )
Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

^ahaha that's their way of letting everyone know SHE.IS.EVIL. haha

the only time she's nice now is to Morgause
Old 05-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Thats expecting to much from them. After all, Uther's not the bad guy anymore....despite burning men, women, and children to death....hes just misunderstood.

Morgana's the villian. I mean, years of constant fear from her dreams and the terror that she might be burned to death at any given time. Why would be have any sympathy for her? She smirks so evilly after all.

Very true, Magnus. Uther didn't just burn men, women, and children; he also ordered children drowned, and many others suspected of being magic users beheaded. Uther is also responsible for Gwen's father's death. Although, the series glosses over that.

As for evil Morgana, it appears that insofar as some fans are concerned she's been evil since season two and they just couldn't stand her in season one because she was such a Mary Sue. That's why I left the IMDB boards.

Many people are only familiar with the Arthurian legends from the 1981 movie Excalibur. Is it accurate, strictly speaking, to say there is a great deal of latitude in retelling the tale of King Arthur. That said, in Excalibur Helen Mirren played an evil Morgana, but the screenwriters did give her credible reasons to behave the way she did. My whole point is, to some viewers Morgana is evil simply because she is Morgan(a) le Fay. Nevermind that Morgan was a complex, mutable character who could be Arthur's ally, as well as his adversary; that all came down to circumstances, as was the way in royal and noble families.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

Well i think we all know she has valid reasons for wanting Uther dead, it's just what a 180 to kill innocent villagers to do that :shrugs:
Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Its like people are using the 21 centuries version of Disney moral compass to tell them whats right and wrong. People have this belief that good is good and bad is bad. No one likes to ask why.

Why did Uther murder so many innocent people? Fear? Why is he missunderstood and not evil?

Merlin let innocent people be killed when he could have stopped it. He didn't act because he wouldn't be able to help Arthur to the light if he was outed as a magic user? Why isn't he a coward instead of a hero?

Morgana faught tooth and nail with her father to save lives, even tried to have him killed for his crimes. Why isn't she the heroin instead of the villian?

Uther
Circumstances? Because we're told murder is bad? When is it not murder? When the man making the laws is doing it? When your king is the villian what recourse do you have?

Merlin
When is doing the wrong thing for the right reasons still the wrong thing? You stand silent and let people die today in the hopes you can save people tomarrow? The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Morgana

A tree that grows in the darkness grows twisted, if it grows at all.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

I actually think of both of them more as gray characters. They both believe what they're doing is right even if it means killing people who haven't done anything wrong.

I've always agred with Morgana that people with magic shouldn't be killed willy nilly but i don't usually agree with the methods she goes about to change things haha
Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My whole point is, to some viewers Morgana is evil simply because she is Morgan(a) le Fay.
THIS. And I've stopped trying to argue the point because I always get asked if even know the legend which is the funniest thing ever. Funny as in maddening, of course.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

that is a cool art. would go well with her new look
Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

It's certainly an interesting new look but I don't know if I like it. Katie looks amazing, of course, because she could look beautiful in a potato sack
Old 05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

THe potato sack would be an interesting look.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

She's worn this weird ass poncho looking thing and still looked great. It's amazing the stuff she pulls off haha
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

love the art too

Claudia
Old 05-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Arrrhhh, not only is the poncho on display but so are those shoes!!! I'm impressed she can walk in them.