Fan Forum Legend

he was and derseves it
Old 07-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And gross to what he called her,
Old 07-17-2015, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
The Lucy storyline could have been ok if they had actually committed and we're going to use it more. But nope. They just wanted to use it for one plot in the episode and that was it.

But I also really hated the trying to get Beth back thing too because they went about that all wrong. And their main point was to make Quinn come off as crazy as hell but not wanting to go deeper into why.
I feel almost the exact same, I think the Beth storyline could have been done better but that Lucy storyline really got to me because it was so cringefully obvious that they just threw that backstory at Quinn as a character and yeah that's what most shows will do but they do it in a way that makes sense at least, and I couldn't even try to understand it that's how bad it was for me. I feel like the only thing that actually made sense with it was her telling Puck he slept with her because she felt fat that day in season 1 at least that seemed right but the rest is just exhausting to think about. I just like when a show will throw in something new with a character and it not only makes sense at that moment but I like being able to go back and see some continuity and saying oh that totally makes sense and with the Lucy storyline I had the opposite feeling.

The Beth S3 storyline had one intention and that was to make Quinn look and that pissed me off as well. And if they were so concerned with how Quinn acts about Beth and bringing her back up in S3, why not make her somewhat traumatized or give a little insight to how she was coping in season 2? Why not show how her relationship with her mother went after she gave Beth up? She was going to leave her dad and have Quinn and the baby stay with her, what happened when she found out about Beth being given up? Why start storylines and not finish them, yeah I could go on all night
Old 07-17-2015, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly about just throwing it at her. I mean I would have been more ok with the Lucy storyline if it was something they put thought into and actually cared about. And there are a couple of moments you can go back and think ok it fits but most of it didn't. But again I would have been ok with it if it was a storyline for her character and not the plot. The name part also really bothered me. Which seems crazy to let it but it drives me crazy sometimes. They should have made Lucy the middle name.

Exactly! Exactly to all of this. And even if they weren't going to do all that in the early seasons why not go deeper into during the S3 stroyline and touch on it then. Show why she is acting this way. Show her depression and etc. It will also piss me off Shelby gets off scott free on the **** she pulled (and I'm not talking Puck/Shelby here).
Old 07-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
And gross to what he called her,
I can't remember what he said I just know it was rude
Old 07-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He called her a sl**.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember that now! oh the nerve!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was such an ass.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

he was. I would have punched him for Quinn
Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sucked she was with him in the first place.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it does
Old 07-18-2015, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Show why she is acting this way. Show her depression and etc. It will also piss me off Shelby gets off scott free on the **** she pulled (and I'm not talking Puck/Shelby here).
Yes, I think they actually thought that they did just that by making her look crazy. They instead took depression and equated it with being a crazy kidnapper basically. People can act very irrationally when they are depressed but sorry, Q fans know that she would never have acted like this. She made that strong decision to give Beth up, I'm not about to believe that she would turn around and try to snatch her back and make her do awful things like trying to prove Shelby unfit.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So agree with all of this! So agree! Hell I could have seen Quinn constantly trying to avoid Beth and Shelby and being like stay the **** away from me with Shelby. And maybe even confront her on how she could do this ****. Is she trying to make it hurt more? But no let's make Quinn act "crazy" instead.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was the easier thing to do unfortunately because it doesn't really need a whole lot of background to crazy if you're too lazy to go into it (BUT I think the opposite of course, any good writer would give insanity a background and a conclusion) but sadly it didn't matter them to dig deeper with Quinn since they already make her a cheater and shove her into the background as it is

I think their big mistake started when they dropped the entire Beth storyline after the season 1 finale. She didn't need to be crying in every episode or anything but they dropped it so hard that people would always joke and say "Wait Quinn had a baby?" it's like you know a show when fans make those kind of remarks.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And the writers always took the easiest way out with Quinn.

Yeah the fact they ignored it made no sense and only mentioned it as joke. Like wtf?! And it could have worked as Quinn trying to move on and forget things that happened but that isn't how they really played it. They for the most part made it like Beth didn't even happen.