Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Monty Green to the rescue!

Got a Bellamy and Harper hug April!

She's just so power hungry.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:56 PM
Total Fan

I really don't think it's power that she's after. Whatever they reveal about the Dark Year next week, I think it has something to do with the farmers and the hydrofarm. She seemed super bothered by Monty's suggestion that they could save themselves through farming. The question is why. What happened?

Oh, hey, Clarke. Remember your mom? She's ODing! Where the eff have you been?

That promo was eeeeeeeerie.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

She's just so anti anything that's not war.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:04 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
She's just so anti anything that's not war.
There's got to be a reason for that. Remember butterfly Octavia? The Octavia who got so mad at Clarke for letting people die? Something had to have happened to make her this way. She's not just insane with power.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Better be a damn good explanation then.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Total Fan

They've only been building up to it for 10 episodes. I don't think they would have done that if it was going to be something mild and not world-changing.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, a Bellamy/Harper hug! I squealed! My crackship, ladies and gents.

I thought that was an amazing episode! Octavia, though . . . I don’t even think a Dark Year reveal is going to be enough to make me sympathize with her anymore. She took away everyone’s true choice. She took away Monty and Harper’s peace. If either of them die now, I’m going to be so mad.

Bob and Marie and Paige were all fantastic in this episode!
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Bob and Marie were amazing.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Better be a damn good explanation then.
Totally agree.

I’m still holding out hope.

I hate being a Clinical Psychologist, lol. I just see Octavia SO disturbed and I want to help her. She’s not evil, she’s so lost right now she doesn’t know what she’s doing. She was real with Indra and Bellamy. It’s like she has a split personality and when she’s in dark mode her other self can’t save her.

That said the explanation of how she became this way has to be a good one.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Total Fan

This episode was so dark, I hardly know where to put all my feelings. This has been a rough week for me in terms of tv and movies. My power went out late at night so I went to the movies and just picked the most convenient showtime... which happened to be the horror movie Hereditary which has like deeply traumatized me. And now all of this. I need to go watch some Disney movies or something now.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow...how in the hell are they going to bring Octavia back from this?

I mean, I for sure want her to stay on the show because I feel like she's still a really important part of the story. But what could they possibly reveal in the Dark Year that justifies all this?
Old 07-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Not really sure they can or intend to.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle, what is she closest to right now? Borderline personality disorder? Bipolar? Just some kind of general psychosis?

I’m going to go rewatch this with my friend later. I really liked it.

Episode MVP is probably Monty, but Octavia ruined things for him.

Tara, I don’t even know when it comes to Octavia. I think I’m officially at my breaking point. I keep giving her all these chances, and nothing works.
ICON
Old 07-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to see Hereditary!

That was an interesting episode, there were a couple of corny moments ("I'm already dead") and some nerdy camera angles, but overall it was cool.

-either Octavia is a dumbass, or is SERIOUSLY anti-plant. I can't wait til next week to find out what went down. I can't help but feel for her, still. But damn if I wasn't super pissed at her for building that farm (all the hugging and smiling pretty much told us that was going to happen, though).

-Abby is annoying me still/her storyline is, but I love the twisted combination of her and Vinson. What a great character. So gross.

-Damn @ Becca being burned alive. How did that translate into her being the first commander?

-Clarke um....throwing that jar of worms aside seemed careless and stupid. Will Octavia and co encounter them in a future episode?
-loved her and Madi having that wrestling match, that was funny.

-all Harper does it stand around smiling sympathetically at people

-I love Monty and when he's let down, I'm let down.

-the entire concept of Madi having the flame is kind of cool, but also kind of...blah. I was actually ready to leave all that behind, but if we get to see more of Becca's story then I'll remain interested.

-Indra remains flawless

-do Ethan and Niylah exist?

-I missed Raven and Murphy this episode, but I'll accept their absense in exchange for Vinson biting someone's neck off

Old 07-17-2018, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, What an episode! Lots to process.

Before I forget, this episode was riveting enough that I forgot I didn't get a follow up to the duo I was most looking forward to watching: Kane/Murphy. I REALLY hope we see them next episode.

So here are my thoughts overall of what I thought, still digesting so I may choose to change my mind or rethink what is going on.

Octavia...Obviously the biggest OMG WHAT HAS SHE DONE? I just have a hard time not wanting to knock her head against the wall for burning that stuff down. EVEN IF THEY WIN THE WAR, that shadow valley could be destroyed. Not to mention having too much food is way better than not enough. At least keep as a secondary source. You want your children get through college so they can get a degree and earn a living. If a distant relative dies and leaves his fortune to the children you wouldn't BURN THE MONEY UP IN THE FIREPLACE so they wouldn't be tempted to give up on the degree or whatever. You'd invest it and keep it as an alternative. Or you could keep it as a bargaining chip. Should the tide turn and Octavia begin to beat them down, she could offer up surrender by giving them the algai farm.

However, I did enjoy O and Bellamy's talk. Was it just me or did have an interesting technique of lighting them? Dark all around but their eyes had this glow. Reminded me of how they show the original dracula as someone shown a pin light in Bela Lugosi's eyes.

Clarke/Madi. Ok, I really didn't expect Clarke to let Madi keep the flame in. I mean her not taking it out is weird to me. It seems worse to leave it in. Plus it gives a whole "If you don't put your ipad down and pay attention to me I will pull over this car and throw it out the window!" vibe which takes me out of the story. That said, I came to an interesting conclusion. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME. But I do really like the idea of Madi getting to know Lexa. And I think it's a way the writers are trying to bridge the two fan groups who are so divided. Madi's connection will be stronger always with Clarke however she can now have a relationship with Lexa (yes i Know it's weird and I'm ignoring sex between Clexa because the writers obviously are) AND if they choose to put them together, she (meaning Madi) can have a relationship with Bellamy too. So in part she could have 3 parents and Bellamy wouldn't take away from Lexi and Lexi wouldn't take away from Bellamy. *please don't yell at me*

Did I ever tall y'all that I used to watch Paige Turco on All My Children? Of course not because I haven't even been posting a week yet. She was Lanie. So while I'm pretty she never played a junkie it was all kinds of soapy goodness in her withdrawel scenes. Well soapy in that The 100 way where rock bottom is getting a hannibal lecturer serial killer to get you your fix so you don't have to give into a Jim Jones Serial Killer.

Monty was the MVP for the episode! And while he's a farmer and not a warrior, don't you know the BALLS it took to run into that arena filled with weapons carrying your flowers! "LOOK! LOOK AT THE FLOWERS!" Yes sir, Monty has balls of steel. No, I take that back. Balls of petals. (New slogan, it will catch on, you'll see).

Finally, Indra. Good stuff and I loved what she said to O and it was inevitable she was going to take out Bellamy to keep Gaia alive. I thought Gaia's plan of throwing a sphere at O was interesting. But I think speak volumes that O still did not execute anyone and just threw the weapon back in. She really doesn't want to be responsible for choosing who dies.

Finally, back to them marching off to war. Why now is Bellamy, Gaia and Indra pardoned? I mean, I know the fight ended prematurely but if they are back to same old, same old, why is their sentence been put on hiatus?

Thanks for letting me post. Sorry it was so long.

Last edited by Tripp; 07-17-2018 at 06:53 PM Reason: It's Lexa, not Lexi.