View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 06:39 PM
Tripp
Part-Time Fan

Ok, What an episode! Lots to process.

Before I forget, this episode was riveting enough that I forgot I didn't get a follow up to the duo I was most looking forward to watching: Kane/Murphy. I REALLY hope we see them next episode.

So here are my thoughts overall of what I thought, still digesting so I may choose to change my mind or rethink what is going on.

Octavia...Obviously the biggest OMG WHAT HAS SHE DONE? I just have a hard time not wanting to knock her head against the wall for burning that stuff down. EVEN IF THEY WIN THE WAR, that shadow valley could be destroyed. Not to mention having too much food is way better than not enough. At least keep as a secondary source. You want your children get through college so they can get a degree and earn a living. If a distant relative dies and leaves his fortune to the children you wouldn't BURN THE MONEY UP IN THE FIREPLACE so they wouldn't be tempted to give up on the degree or whatever. You'd invest it and keep it as an alternative. Or you could keep it as a bargaining chip. Should the tide turn and Octavia begin to beat them down, she could offer up surrender by giving them the algai farm.

However, I did enjoy O and Bellamy's talk. Was it just me or did have an interesting technique of lighting them? Dark all around but their eyes had this glow. Reminded me of how they show the original dracula as someone shown a pin light in Bela Lugosi's eyes.

Clarke/Madi. Ok, I really didn't expect Clarke to let Madi keep the flame in. I mean her not taking it out is weird to me. It seems worse to leave it in. Plus it gives a whole "If you don't put your ipad down and pay attention to me I will pull over this car and throw it out the window!" vibe which takes me out of the story. That said, I came to an interesting conclusion. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME. But I do really like the idea of Madi getting to know Lexa. And I think it's a way the writers are trying to bridge the two fan groups who are so divided. Madi's connection will be stronger always with Clarke however she can now have a relationship with Lexa (yes i Know it's weird and I'm ignoring sex between Clexa because the writers obviously are) AND if they choose to put them together, she (meaning Madi) can have a relationship with Bellamy too. So in part she could have 3 parents and Bellamy wouldn't take away from Lexi and Lexi wouldn't take away from Bellamy. *please don't yell at me*

Did I ever tall y'all that I used to watch Paige Turco on All My Children? Of course not because I haven't even been posting a week yet. She was Lanie. So while I'm pretty she never played a junkie it was all kinds of soapy goodness in her withdrawel scenes. Well soapy in that The 100 way where rock bottom is getting a hannibal lecturer serial killer to get you your fix so you don't have to give into a Jim Jones Serial Killer.

Monty was the MVP for the episode! And while he's a farmer and not a warrior, don't you know the BALLS it took to run into that arena filled with weapons carrying your flowers! "LOOK! LOOK AT THE FLOWERS!" Yes sir, Monty has balls of steel. No, I take that back. Balls of petals. (New slogan, it will catch on, you'll see).

Finally, Indra. Good stuff and I loved what she said to O and it was inevitable she was going to take out Bellamy to keep Gaia alive. I thought Gaia's plan of throwing a sphere at O was interesting. But I think speak volumes that O still did not execute anyone and just threw the weapon back in. She really doesn't want to be responsible for choosing who dies.

Finally, back to them marching off to war. Why now is Bellamy, Gaia and Indra pardoned? I mean, I know the fight ended prematurely but if they are back to same old, same old, why is their sentence been put on hiatus?

Thanks for letting me post. Sorry it was so long.

Last edited by Tripp; 07-17-2018 at 06:53 PM Reason: It's Lexa, not Lexi.