Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2019, 02:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I did love Abby asking if they needed to be saved.

Honestly, they need to get back on their ship and go look for somewhere else to settle.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
I did love Abby asking if they needed to be saved.

Honestly, they need to get back on their ship and go look for somewhere else to settle.
Right? They really don't seem to be in too much trouble, all things considered.

I got the impression there are other planets in this same star system and they chose Sanctum because it was the most ideally situated in the "goldilocks zone." But there might be others that were colonized?
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Or just somewhere else on Sanctum. Like the other side of the moon where those people aren't. Abby can turn them into Nightbloods until they figure out how to make their own radiation shield. I don't see how they really need Ryker for that. Also, not even convinced that's necessary. The CoG aren't Nightbloods but seem to be surviving.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Or just somewhere else on Sanctum. Like the other side of the moon where those people aren't. Abby can turn them into Nightbloods until they figure out how to make their own radiation shield. I don't see how they really need Ryker for that. Also, not even convinced that's necessary. The CoG aren't Nightbloods but seem to be surviving.
I thought the shield was for the crazy bugs and man-eating plants and stuff. And maybe to protect from the temporal anomaly and the flares? I think there have been some lines about how there's a whole lot of stuff outside the compound that will kill them if they leave. The nightblood turned out to not be important for radiation.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Ok, but then explain the CoG surviving outside the shield. Even so, they have a huge ship, for crying out loud. Live on the ship until a shield is built.

My point is, they don't actually need these people like they think they do. They are very capable people. They can figure things out for themselves. Sure there will be trial and error but worth not being under the thumb of the Primes, IMO.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why did Josephine give Murphy two drives? That confused me.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
Why did Josephine give Murphy two drives? That confused me.
He's most likely going to give the other one to Emori.

Also, good combo Becks.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
He's most likely going to give the other one to Emori.
This is what I can’t get my head around, surely Emori will be pissed at Murphy for being a snake, why would she want to body jump? Did he even consult her? I can’t with Murphy right now

606 left so many loose ends, how will Abby and Raven react to Clarke being dead? What does Emori think of Murphy's antics? What is happening with Diyoza/Octavia/Xavier? Are murphamy ruined now? Why did Echo seem surprised by Clarke’s death when she knew? Where will Gaia go? Where is Clarke? When is Indra gonna wake up? Is Madi gonna go full shade?

I’m stressed

Thanks Kate

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Total Fan

I think Emori's reaction to Murphy should be really interesting. On the one hand, if you gave her this choice 6 years ago, she would have definitely agreed to immortality like Murphy did. That's why they fit together so well as a couple. But I think the point of their relationship issues is that Emori was able to find a family she can trust and she's had a lot of personal growth, while Murphy is still struggling with it. So I feel like maybe Emori will reject the mind drive because it isn't being offered to the other Spacekru family members. And that could eventually lead to Murphy turning on the Primes.

Quote:
Ok, but then explain the CoG surviving outside the shield. Even so, they have a huge ship, for crying out loud. Live on the ship until a shield is built.

My point is, they don't actually need these people like they think they do. They are very capable people. They can figure things out for themselves. Sure there will be trial and error but worth not being under the thumb of the Primes, IMO.
I think the implication is that the CoG live a dangerous lifestyle and have to rely on a lot of like... wilderness know-how? Like how they heal their wounds with magic tree sap? And wear a bunch of camouflage? And they don't... sit down in front of trees and let themselves get slowly eaten????

But yeah, you're right. They don't need these people. They should just hook up with the CoG and start a new civilization that doesn't rely on body-snatching.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I think Emori's reaction to Murphy should be really interesting. On the one hand, if you gave her this choice 6 years ago, she would have definitely agreed to immortality like Murphy did. That's why they fit together so well as a couple. But I think the point of their relationship issues is that Emori was able to find a family she can trust and she's had a lot of personal growth, while Murphy is still struggling with it. So I feel like maybe Emori will reject the mind drive because it isn't being offered to the other Spacekru family members. And that could eventually lead to Murphy turning on the Primes.

I think the implication is that the CoG live a dangerous lifestyle and have to rely on a lot of like... wilderness know-how? Like how they heal their wounds with magic tree sap? And wear a bunch of camouflage? And they don't... sit down in front of trees and let themselves get slowly eaten????

But yeah, you're right. They don't need these people. They should just hook up with the CoG and start a new civilization that doesn't rely on body-snatching.
I think you may be right about Emori.

You're also probably right about the CoG. But obviously they're making do. So that's what they need to do. Get together with CoG and go do their own thing away from the crazy Primes. They'll die eventually anyway. Since our people have a ship they can go check on the Santcum people periodically. Rescue those who survive the facist community and take what resources they can. Solid plan.

And I'm not sure if it had been fully explained to Raven, Emori, and Echo that the people body snatched were dead. So for all Echo knows though Clarke has been taken she's still in there and they could get her back. She may not have knows she's dead dead.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I think you may be right about Emori.

You're also probably right about the CoG. But obviously they're making do. So that's what they need to do. Get together with CoG and go do their own thing away from the crazy Primes. They'll die eventually anyway. Since our people have a ship they can go check on the Santcum people periodically. Rescue those who survive the facist community and take what resources they can. Solid plan.

And I'm not sure if it had been fully explained to Raven, Emori, and Echo that the people body snatched were dead. So for all Echo knows though Clarke has been taken she's still in there and they could get her back. She may not have knows she's dead dead.
Yeah, if they took the approach of liberating the citizens of Sanctum from the Primes' tyranny, then I think that's how they can "do better" without becoming complicit in body-snatching. This is where Dictavia's storyline is going to be important. They're probably going to come blazing back to Sanctum with the CoG towards the end of the season to overthrow the system. Rage against the machine, if you will. Hopefully Gabriel will help them. And maybe we'll have a situation where Octavia will be able to help Bellamy find a way out of this moral grossness he's wandered into. (Because I like to think that Bellamy is mourning his own sense of right and wrong just as much as he is mourning Clarke.) And then the Blakes can reconcile.

I think they implied that the Spacekru girls all got filled in on all the details when they got back to Sanctum at the beginning of the episode. There was a line or two to that effect. Why did Echo look surprised? I don't know. Did she? Maybe she was just surprised to realize that Bellamy already knew. When she left the compound, everyone thought Clarke was Clarke and Bellamy was missing. When she got back, everyone knew Clarke was dead and Bellamy was free. She thought she was bringing them brand new information.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes. Dictavia to save the day!

That also makes sense as to Echo's surprise.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Or it was just a moment of bad acting from Tasya They've almost all had those moments

Right now my interest is leaning more towards the Diyoza/Octavia/Xavier situation because
a)it's weird
b)this business about playing with time intrigues me greatly

I have no idea what's going on, but that's ok.

As for Bellamy, I certainly hope he doesn't continue his robot ways and shows some signs of life again next episode. Him crying was a step in the right direction emotion-wise, but I really really hope he takes SOME sort of action. I have no idea what that would be, but yes. And going back to the last page or wherever, I think it's different this time because again - it's compounded. The tragic events of his past were a bit different as they were more "one-offs" or individual tragedies. Right now he's got alot going on and frankly he needs a whisky.

PS the title 'Nevermind' reminds me of 'Nevermore' and the writers' room listed it as a bottle episode, just like Nevermore was.
/random and useless thought

Old 06-13-2019, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yes, Lisa. All I have to say is yes. And I love that you used the phrase “out to lunch” in your post.

Hmm, Brooklyn, I suppose it’s possible that she never intended to kill Bellamy, maybe just to threaten him. But I actually do think she was going to, until she saw a better option. Your post made me wonder . . . if she had killed Bellamy, do you think Murphy still would have kept his alliance with her? He’s the only one out of Spacekru I could see possibly still doing that, but I would like to believe that, even though he wasn’t emotional about losing Clarke, losing Bellamy would be crossing the line for him.
I think Murphy may have kept his alliance with her, but I don't think he has enough pull with everyone else to bring them along. Echo and many others would be out for blood if they knew she killed Bellamy (or if he just disappeared under suspicious circumstances with the Sanctumites obviously to blame), and Murphy alone wouldn't be enough to get Abby to go along with Josephine.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Or it was just a moment of bad acting from Tasya They've almost all had those moments
More like just a writing mistake in the episode if we’re talking about that specific line, I’d say. She shouldn’t have asked “What’s going on?” because she already figured it out.

Quote:
As for Bellamy, I certainly hope he doesn't continue his robot ways and shows some signs of life again next episode. Him crying was a step in the right direction emotion-wise, but I really really hope he takes SOME sort of action. I have no idea what that would be, but yes. And going back to the last page or wherever, I think it's different this time because again - it's compounded. The tragic events of his past were a bit different as they were more "one-offs" or individual tragedies. Right now he's got alot going on and frankly he needs a whisky.
Yeah, we’ve been talking in his thread about how much he’s had to deal with in such a short amount of time. So much loss. But this is Clarke. I don’t care how people want to interpret it. This is him losing her all over again, and yeah, it’s a big deal.

Quote:
PS the title 'Nevermind' reminds me of 'Nevermore' and the writers' room listed it as a bottle episode, just like Nevermore was.
/random and useless thought
It made me think of that, too. Oh man, I loved Nevermore.
ICON