Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Guys, I am following a VERY interesting discussion on another board regarding Raven and "Becca". There's pretty compelling evidence that it's not Becca talking to Raven at all, it's ALIE - which makes everything Raven's been told and shown this season, suspect.

I won't get into all the details, because it's a pretty serious in-depth study into even the minutest details about what color shirt Raven is wearing in each episode (which is important even though it doesn't sound like it ) but the most compelling argument to me is that Raven never took the Flame. Anybody who has been in contact with Becca has only been via the Flame.

Also, this was my observation, but having literally just finished a rewatch of S3 yesterday, I was reminded that when Murphy and Pike destroyed the backpack power source, they did so too late to prevent ALIE from uploading herself to the space station mainframe, yet that plotline was completely dropped after they showed ALIE looking out of the window of the space station. And where has "Becca" been trying to get Raven to go this entire season? Space.

Very interesting.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, you should link when you tell us stuff like that
Old 04-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
You know, you should link when you tell us stuff like that
Sorry! The board I pulled it from doesn't really have great discussions (it's mostly people b#tching about how stupid every episode is) and so I was trying to find the original discussion, and it took me a couple of times to realize this post had been pulled/quoted from tumblr. I don't use tumblr so I have no idea how to follow the conversation over there, if there's a way to.

But here's the link to what looks like the original tumblr post -

https://nowwesurvive.tumblr.com/post...raincityruckus
Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Taryn, will give it a read
It's totally spoiler-free right?
I love theories, but don't do spoilers
Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Interesting theory, Taryn. If it is ALIE, I wonder what she would be trying to accomplish now that the city of light is destroyed?
Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Passionate Fan

I suppose I could believe it's really ALIE, but that's poor writing if it is. Because ALIE was very robotic. This Becca that Raven is seeing is not. ALIE isn't capable of empathy or compassion such as Becca is currently showing Raven. I don't believe she's capable of even feigning such emotions. So if it does turn out this woman Raven is hallucinating and talking to is ALIE rather than Becca I will most certainly be calling foul.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Guys, I am following a VERY interesting discussion on another board regarding Raven and "Becca". There's pretty compelling evidence that it's not Becca talking to Raven at all, it's ALIE - which makes everything Raven's been told and shown this season, suspect.

I won't get into all the details, because it's a pretty serious in-depth study into even the minutest details about what color shirt Raven is wearing in each episode (which is important even though it doesn't sound like it ) but the most compelling argument to me is that Raven never took the Flame. Anybody who has been in contact with Becca has only been via the Flame.

Also, this was my observation, but having literally just finished a rewatch of S3 yesterday, I was reminded that when Murphy and Pike destroyed the backpack power source, they did so too late to prevent ALIE from uploading herself to the space station mainframe, yet that plotline was completely dropped after they showed ALIE looking out of the window of the space station. And where has "Becca" been trying to get Raven to go this entire season? Space.

Very interesting.
Ooh. Intriguing, let me read this article too.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-30-2017, 10:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Thanks Taryn, will give it a read
It's totally spoiler-free right?
I love theories, but don't do spoilers
Oh yeah, it's just speculation based on what we've seen so far. I don't do spoilers either.

Quote:
I suppose I could believe it's really ALIE, but that's poor writing if it is. Because ALIE was very robotic. This Becca that Raven is seeing is not. ALIE isn't capable of empathy or compassion such as Becca is currently showing Raven. I don't believe she's capable of even feigning such emotions. So if it does turn out this woman Raven is hallucinating and talking to is ALIE rather than Becca I will most certainly be calling foul.
The ALIE we've seen so far, yes. But the whole reason ALIE wanted to go into space in S3 was so she could find where Becca had hidden the 2.0 version, which was created to interface WITH humanity. "ALIE 1 didn't understand what it meant to be human, yes, but ALIE 2 will. It's designed to interface with humanity on a biological level." (Becca, Thirteen) So, let's say (all purely speculation on my part) that when ALIE uploaded herself into the space station mainframe, she either found ALIE 2, or she found something that the lab assistant had hidden even from Becca (remember that "Becca" is currently appearing to Raven wearing the lab coat and glasses that we've only ever seen the lab assistant wear, and I have to believe that's a clue for something coming), or something else entirely , and she was able to learn how to act more human since we've seen her last. It's definitely not beyond the realm of possibility for this show.

If you've seen Marvel's Age of Ultron, it would be much like
Spoiler:
Old 04-30-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh man the thought of all this is tripping me out

Old 04-30-2017, 10:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
oh man the thought of all this is tripping me out
I love it so much. I'm eating this up with a spoon, ya'll. This is what excites me, grabbing seemingly throwaway clues from episodes long past and tying them all together.

(Which is why, from a "solving the mystery" viewpoint, I hate the ending of LOST with a fiery passion. #stillbitter)
Old 04-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
The ALIE we've seen so far, yes. But the whole reason ALIE wanted to go into space in S3 was so she could find where Becca had hidden the 2.0 version, which was created to interface WITH humanity. "ALIE 1 didn't understand what it meant to be human, yes, but ALIE 2 will. It's designed to interface with humanity on a biological level." (Becca, Thirteen) So, let's say (all purely speculation on my part) that when ALIE uploaded herself into the space station mainframe, she either found ALIE 2, or she found something that the lab assistant had hidden even from Becca (remember that "Becca" is currently appearing to Raven wearing the lab coat and glasses that we've only ever seen the lab assistant wear, and I have to believe that's a clue for something coming), or something else entirely , and she was able to learn how to act more human since we've seen her last. It's definitely not beyond the realm of possibility for this show.
ALIE 2 is the Flame. ALIE already found it, and it's why she was going after Clarke when Clarke entered the City of Light. It's why the others were concerned about Clarke entering the City of Light when she had the Flame. She would essentially be handing ALIE exactly what she wanted.

I am disappointed that the show seemed to drop the ball about ALIE uploading herself to the Space Station and perhaps that is behind the work to get Raven to space. But if the writers try to claim that this hallucination is actually ALIE I just won't believe it. Nothing in the way ALIE behaved in the past suggests her capable of this kind of deception.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the link! I bookmarked it, going to read it later today.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have calmed down a bit after watching the episode and my most pressing question right now (besides WHY?):

How are they going to leave the bunker now that they have pissed off thousands of grounders? I mean they surely plan to go back for Kane and Octavia? What about Raven? What about the other people left at Arkadia, they are going to be a target now.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they're just fine and dandy with letting anyone else not in the bunker die?
Old 05-04-2017, 05:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Hence I want someone to punch Clarke in the face.