Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Total Fan

A very small role
Old 04-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylina (View Post)
Marie played in fringe
Aw that's cool! I'll have to look up what character.

I had forgotten how much I loved Fringe. I need to find time to do a rewatch sometime soon.

Back on topic, I know people have a really hard time with the decisions made in God Complex regarding the testing chamber, but I have to say I'm really not sure I wouldn't have done the same thing. I mean, as far as the characters know they are talking about preserving the human race. This is no longer a matter of which person or tribe "deserves" to live more than the others or anything like that. If they don't find a solution, everyone (everyone presumably being everyone on the planet) is dead in a matter of a few weeks.

I just don't know that there's any moral high ground to be had, here.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Back on topic, I know people have a really hard time with the decisions made in God Complex regarding the testing chamber, but I have to say I'm really not sure I wouldn't have done the same thing. I mean, as far as the characters know they are talking about preserving the human race. This is no longer a matter of which person or tribe "deserves" to live more than the others or anything like that. If they don't find a solution, everyone (everyone presumably being everyone on the planet) is dead in a matter of a few weeks.

I just don't know that there's any moral high ground to be had, here.
That’s why I loved the lab scenes so much. Everything they were doing was so terrible, and yet as far as they knew it really had to be done. I would not want to be in their shoes.

Quote:
Marie played in fringe
How did I not know this? I’m gonna have to find that
Old 04-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's tough because like, they kind of HAD to test on someone. For obvious reasons and out of total desperation. It sucks. And who's going to sacrifice themselves? Clarke was, but only later...after they melted someone. If I were there, I can't say I would have volunteered

Quote:
Important question you think Helios will accept in the bunker or everyone will see it as future meat?
I think we know the answer Although what happens with all the other animals? How did they even survive the first Primefiryersrasydfasdf?! <--I hate that word and I still don't know how to spell it.

Is this Marie in fringe?

Also while looking for a pic of her in fringe I found quite possible the worst photo of her ever:

Old 04-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Is this Marie in fringe?

Looks like it! She was a waitress in one ep so I bet that's it.

Re: Helios. My first thought was yep, there's lunch but if we're going to get down to the nitty gritty reality of trying to preserve life on the planet, they're going to need horses (among other animals) when they emerge from the bunker in five years, you know? So Helios may be getting himself a lady friend.

I have a feeling the writers aren't intending to make this situation as dire and complicated as I'm thinking about, though.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Helios has been such a good boy, he deserves a fighting chance

Old 04-06-2017, 04:19 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
It's tough because like, they kind of HAD to test on someone. For obvious reasons and out of total desperation. It sucks. And who's going to sacrifice themselves? Clarke was, but only later...after they melted someone. If I were there, I can't say I would have volunteered

I think we know the answer Although what happens with all the other animals? How did they even survive the first Primefiryersrasydfasdf?! <--I hate that word and I still don't know how to spell it.

Is this Marie in fringe?

Also while looking for a pic of her in fringe I found quite possible the worst photo of her ever:

Yes it's her

She did surgery for her nose that's why we did not recognize her at first glance

Helios
Old 04-06-2017, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, one of the best nosejobs I've ever seen!

I hope they at least let us know what happens with Helios!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG, Marie looks so different there.

Quote:
Well it's been years since I've watched, but I'm thinking it was probably Season 3, because it took place while Olivia was in the AU. They caught the guy because he set up a chain reaction involving an air quality alarm, but since it was Our Olivia and not Fauxlivia, she didn't respond the way he expected her to and it threw the rest of his 'effect' off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Thanks for that
Yes, I remember it now.

Normal protocol would have been some safety thing, like get an oxygen mask or something but Olivia was of course the wrong one and she didn't know and so she just kept running. And he had made those calculations that she'd be hit by a stack of boxes or something at a precise moment but she didn't.

The episode starts off with the pen drop that sets in motion a whole series of events.

..found it.

It's 3x03 The plateau "Fringe" The Plateau (TV Episode 2010) - IMDb
Thanks, girls! This is so intriguing, I love the whole "cause/effect, butterfly effect" theme going on there.

Quote:
I had forgotten how much I loved Fringe. I need to find time to do a rewatch sometime soon.

This discussion is also making me want to rewatch Fringe/finish the episodes too.

Oh, absolutely. And that's one of the things I love about the show, we all know it's not the right thing to do from a moral perspective but from a logical perspective, the need to save the human race outweighs the impact of one person's pain/death ... as harsh as that sounds. I would have absolutely done the same too, and I like that you can see they struggled with that decision too ... even when they thought that fake!Bayliss was evil and deserved to die. It's still not easy to condemn someone to die like that.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Just out of curiosity, does Indra gunning down the Ice Nation guys when she had the chance, make anyone feel differently about Pike's attitude toward them in S3? (Remember, until he made it to Arkadia, Ice Nation was the ONLY experience Pike and Farm Station had with Grounders.)
Old 04-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Wow, that's a good question. I think for me, not really. My main issue with Pike's thinking wasn't that he didn't like Ice Nation, but it was that despite other leadership in Arkadia insisting that not all grounders were the same, he refused to listen to their experience. So I sort of understood his prejudice (though I disagreed with it) but I didn't understand why he was so prideful in believing his experiences with grounders were more valid than others
Old 04-09-2017, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, does Indra gunning down the Ice Nation guys when she had the chance, make anyone feel differently about Pike's attitude toward them in S3? (Remember, until he made it to Arkadia, Ice Nation was the ONLY experience Pike and Farm Station had with Grounders.)
I always 'understood' Pike's attitude towards them, but didn't agree with his actions necessarily. I think Indra gunning those guys down was very interesting and a bit shocking.

The only weird thing is, that we are expected to think of the Ice Nation as being crazy ruthless, but right now we are sort of buddies with them

Old 04-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The only weird thing is, that we are expected to think of the Ice Nation as being crazy ruthless, but right now we are sort of buddies with them
It's definitely a mixed message, and honestly one of the problems I have with the show right now.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and I keep wondering if like...something else will happen? So far they've kind of had us sympathise with Echo and like Roan. Where's the ruthless Ice Nation that caused so much chaos within the Sky People?

Old 04-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1marie (View Post)
So I sort of understood his prejudice (though I disagreed with it) but I didn't understand why he was so prideful in believing his experiences with grounders were more valid than others
That is my POV of it as well. I understood why Pike would think the way he did, but it's apparent that Skaikru has a different take on it, having interacted with them a lot more than Farm Station and knows that it's not so easy to classify them as "bad" or "good".

Quote:
It's definitely a mixed message, and honestly one of the problems I have with the show right now.
I feel that way as well too, to some extent. Well, I do think we have seen some brutality from them (them viciously killing Trikru for one) but it's weird to think that there's supposed to be two "factions" within Ice Nation: Roan (good) and others (bad) and I don't even know what the heck Echo is supposed to represent. Perhaps a mix of both?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit