Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumKum (View Post)
I wasn't talking about looks, just their positioning. Lots of walking and standing together, particularly the scene where Abby refuses to give Finn up to the Grounder riders and then when Kane reappears back on the scene. There was one very clear shot of mirroring between Kane/Abby and Bellamy/Clarke. Like I said, it's not romantic but it's not just coincidental either imo.

On your second point, sure any "non-sociopathic human" would be compassionate but considering this is the same Bellamy who just kinda stood there when Clarke collapsed from the virus, I'd say this is some small measure of progress. So it's not entirely overblown as you've suggested.
With the positioning, I'd say that yes, they are deliberately setting up the kids vs. adults leadership power struggle.

I still think the other stuff is overblown. Bellamy didn't do anything when Clarke collapsed because she had a contagious, potentially fatal virus and Bellamy needed to stay well to make sure the 100 survived (plus Finn already had it covered). But he's not gonna catch a case of the head wounds if he puts a band-aid on her bleeding forehead. It's all just common sense.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:31 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
With the positioning, I'd say that yes, they are deliberately setting up the kids vs. adults leadership power struggle.

I still think the other stuff is overblown. Bellamy didn't do anything when Clarke collapsed because she had a contagious, potentially fatal virus and Bellamy needed to stay well to make sure the 100 survived (plus Finn already had it covered). But he's not gonna catch a case of the head wounds if he puts a band-aid on her bleeding forehead. It's all just common sense.
Common sense? Perhaps. Not sure if I'd agree that Bellamy was more concerned about ensuring there wasn't a leadership vacuum at the time that Clarke collapsed though. That struck me at the time as being slightly odd, when he just stood motionless. The natural instinct would have been to reach out or recoil back and him doing neither felt a little unnatural. But whatever.

The larger point here is, it was nice to see him being visibly concerned about her, in a way we'd not quite seen before. I think a little fangirling over that isn't such a bad thing, no one seriously thinks they're getting married tomorrow as a result.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Common sense? Perhaps. Not sure if I'd agree that Bellamy was more concerned about ensuring there wasn't a leadership vacuum at the time that Clarke collapsed though. That struck me at the time as being slightly odd, when he just stood motionless. The natural instinct would have been to reach out or recoil back and him doing neither felt a little unnatural. But whatever.

The larger point here is, it was nice to see him being visibly concerned about her, in a way we'd not quite seen before. I think a little fangirling over that isn't such a bad thing, no one seriously thinks they're getting married tomorrow as a result.
Of course it's common sense that Bellamy doesn't want to catch hemorrhagic fever from Clarke when they've got an army of Grounders set to attack. He was standing yards away from her and holding a rifle in both hands when she collapsed, so it's not unnatural for him to just stand there and let Finn catch her.

By all means, fangirl away. I was just saying that I don't think the head wound scene was an important Bellarke scene and you disagreed with me.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=775546399159733

Again The 100 gets shafted oooh...another scene of Octavia and Clarke running around.

Sorry for going OT, I just get annoyed that even iZombie had more presence in this video and it hasn't even aired yet

Old 01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I feel like the Spacewalker ep had some very deliberate Clarke/Bellamy presentation, positioning and mirroring, the works. Of course none of it is romantic but rewatching the ep over the holidays, it felt very clearly deliberate to me. Anybody else get that sense?

Now to what end, who knows. Hopefully that means that the story is continuing to naturally pair these two up, and perhaps we might start to see the seeds of a shift in their dynamic from leadership partnership to a much more emotionally rich one. The circumstances are certainly ripe for that shift to take place soon.

So far the evolution of their relationship has not felt contrived at all and i'm willing to trust that the writers/showrunners know exactly what they have with these two. So far, so good. Here's hoping it continues that way.

Wish they'd cut it out with the fan-baiting though. Unnecessary and quite frankly childish.
I can def see what you're saying.. I think there are always distinct moments that the writers concentrate on with them being completely in sync.. They are always looking for each others reassurance, support and now in S2, on the same wave length when it comes to decisions. Their partnership as platonic as it is, is very solid and you are right, now that Clarke is going to be dealing with what she did to Finn, imo they are just going to get closer… And I'm not talking about them being in love right now, i still don't see it happening till at least S3 we get S3… but moving forward the signs are all there for it to develop into something more..

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 01-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Ideally no couple who is a slow burn or slow build should get together in Season 2 but judging by the pace of the show and the way it rattles through storylines it will be interesting to see how quickly Clarke moves on considering they never showed her really mourn over people who you would think meant more to her prior Finn.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I also personally loved the concern Bellamy was showing in regards to Clarke with her head wound. I'm not saying it showed something we don't already know but it's the little moments like that that continue to build Bellarke's foundation.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 01-07-2015, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehj_Delena (View Post)
Ideally no couple who is a slow burn or slow build should get together in Season 2 but judging by the pace of the show and the way it rattles through storylines it will be interesting to see how quickly Clarke moves on considering they never showed her really mourn over people who you would think meant more to her prior Finn.
I agree, although I do think that they at least have to show the first hints at the end of this season.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

It took Clarke 5 minutes to fall in love and into bed with Finn. Now we have to watch her grieve Finn although she didn't really grieve her father, her mother, or Wells in any substantial way, but Finn is such a great loss she will never get over it and will be rendered incapable of moving on with her life. That's why JR shouldn't have even written this latest Finn crap. He should have just killed him in the Season 1 finale and let us forget all about him.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Passionate Fan

I disagree. Clarke most certainly mourned her father. As for Wells and her mother...just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Though it would have been nice to see I get why the show didn't dwell on it. The show is fast paced and these kids are worried about survival 24/7. And the difference with Finn is that she's the one that killed him. That's a significant difference. I've never been a fan of the Finn/Clarke relationship but I won't mind at all seeing how Clarke handles and process what's happened.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Total Fan

^Yeah, I was about to say... Clarke's mourning of her father was a huge plot point and probably her primary motivation for the whole first season.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like that's one thing we lose with this show moving quickly - we get alot of results and alot of action, but sometimes I miss seeing more of a backstory for characters and their relationships. I'd like to see more of the relationship between Clarke and her dad, and even Clarke and Wells before he died. It's something I feel is missing sometimes that let's me really connect with the characters. That's why I grasp at anything they give us re: Bellarke, because they are the two characters we've seen more of in that sense and we have something to grasp onto.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Mte. We get a few moments here and there between all the action and I felt like it was more balanced in S1. In S2 its more been non stop action and not much time for moments like these (between all the characters, not just bellarke)
Old 01-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Thats why I think at times this show is lacking emotional diversity.. I'd like to see more moments of quiet reflection for whatever reason, even if they are fleeting..

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 01-07-2015, 03:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I can def see what you're saying.. I think there are always distinct moments that the writers concentrate on with them being completely in sync.. They are always looking for each others reassurance, support and now in S2, on the same wave length when it comes to decisions. Their partnership as platonic as it is, is very solid and you are right, now that Clarke is going to be dealing with what she did to Finn, imo they are just going to get closer… And I'm not talking about them being in love right now, i still don't see it happening till at least S3 we get S3… but moving forward the signs are all there for it to develop into something more..
Yes, pretty much what I was trying to say. Totally agree.

Quote:
Really good point.

Quote:
I disagree. Clarke most certainly mourned her father. As for Wells and her mother...just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Though it would have been nice to see I get why the show didn't dwell on it. The show is fast paced and these kids are worried about survival 24/7. And the difference with Finn is that she's the one that killed him. That's a significant difference. I've never been a fan of the Finn/Clarke relationship but I won't mind at all seeing how Clarke handles and process what's happened.
But that's just it. How is the audience supposed to connect with something they don't see? I for one think the story in general would have been better served having that as the emotional backdrop for Clarke in S1, than the triangle stuff.