Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2018, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyDreamer (View Post)
Yeah. While I admire Bellamy's fierce love for his family, I'm interested to see what his threshold is. I can't say that Octavia's new development hasn't had its entertaining aspects thus far.

Does anyone else think that Octavia might actually try to kill her brother at some point? I think at this point Bellamy wouldn't even be able to call her out on personal crap, brother to sister, without endangering his life, which is SO messed up.
Honestly, at this point, I hope that if it comes down to it, he chooses Spacekru over Octavia. At least, they treat him right which I can't say for her right now. I feel like it's bound to come to a head, that there'll be a last straw and that he has to pick sides at some point.

I feel that it might happen and that's completely depressing.

One sweet scene though ... him holding her hand while Clarke was taking out the worm thing out from her arm and saying "You got this." and just being a good, supportive brother (though it kind of makes what happened next even worse ).

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-28-2018, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The sooner he calls her out, the better for him as a person and hopefully, the better for their relationship. Though honestly, I'm not sure redeeming her or fixing their relationship is possible.

Where do you guys stand on that?

EDIT: It was kinda sweet, but she didn't need it or deserve it Sarah.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm super worried that they can't fix this relationship anymore (as I said before, I was almost there when 3X10 happened) ... I don't think that it's a lost cause just yet but it's tethering on the edge, I feel. Extreme edge.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-28-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyDreamer (View Post)
Yeah. Those same Octavia fans are always dissing Bellamy too. They seem to think she's a better person than him, even after s5ep5. I find these people kinda toxic to be around.
Wow. I get that Bellamy is not a perfect person, nor has he been a perfect brother. He’s made mistakes, too. But nobody can deny that he has never stopped loving his little sister, nor has he ever stopped doing everything in his power to take care of her. Right now, I think he IS a better person than her, which is why he could help her, if he could just reach her.

Quote:
Does anyone else think that Octavia might actually try to kill her brother at some point? I think at this point Bellamy wouldn't even be able to call her out on personal crap, brother to sister, without endangering his life, which is SO messed up.
If Octavia does this, I don’t think I would ever be able to forgive her, tbh. This is probably the thing that would push her into an irredeemable category for me, and I don’t want that to happen.
ICON
Old 05-28-2018, 01:56 PM
New Fan

Yeah, I think it's highly probable that one of the Blakes will try to kill the other at some point. It would make for good drama I suppose, although we Bellamy lovers would obviously ache for him. People elsewhere have been saying that Bellamy will kill Octavia. I wonder if he's really capable of that. More likely than not Octavia will try to kill him first, or someone he loves. At this point I think she's capable of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Right now, I think he IS a better person than her, which is why he could help her, if he could just reach her.
Yeah, I think the same. Apparently many people are still begrudging him for what he did in s3, neglecting the fact that Bellamy is remorseful and hates himself for what he did and has changed a lot, whereas the same can't be said of Octavia.

Last edited by CloudyDreamer; 05-28-2018 at 02:03 PM
Old 05-29-2018, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do think that Octavia ultimately takes responsibility for the deaths in the bunker, which is indicated via her instantly stating how many people are left.

But it's eerie how cold and unfeeling she seems most of the time. So yes, I do believe that she's capable of a lot right now ... including attempting to harm if not kill Bellamy if he gets in her way/undermines her leadership. I still see glimpses of her past self so I wonder/hope if that is enough to overcome the darkness in her right now.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If she attempts to harm or kill Bellamy, there’s gonna be a large portion of the fan base that will give up on her forever.
ICON
Old 05-29-2018, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do think that Octavia ultimately takes responsibility for the deaths in the bunker
I'm sure she certainly feels personally responsible for them
Old 05-29-2018, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The most real emotion she's showing post 5X02 is when she hugged Bellamy.

I'll be one of those people April.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
If she attempts to harm or kill Bellamy, there’s gonna be a large portion of the fan base that will give up on her forever.
They already do, TBH. I see so much hate thrown at her on social media and though I understand why people react that way (Bellamy is so beloved in general), I also feel like she shouldn't be written off just yet.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-29-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just want people to try and look at her point of view as much as possible - just like they desperately did for Bellamy in season 3. It goes both ways. I feel like people would go in-depth to fanatically figure out Bellamy's headspace - because it's Bellamy. But people are used to being annoyed by Octavia (I realise that's a generalization) so they're like "meh, she sucks even more now". Every character in this show has reasons they became how they are, and it's not always their fault.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I do think that Octavia ultimately takes responsibility for the deaths in the bunker, which is indicated via her instantly stating how many people are left.
The population reduction itself was necessary, so I don't begrudge her for that. It's her way of going about things that I have issues with. Violence is her go-to card for everything, with no hesitation or remorse. This has been a pattern with her since season 3b. That and her treatment of her brother. So far she hasn't expressed remorse or made any commitment to change over these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I just want people to try and look at her point of view as much as possible - just like they desperately did for Bellamy in season 3. It goes both ways. I feel like people would go in-depth to fanatically figure out Bellamy's headspace - because it's Bellamy. But people are used to being annoyed by Octavia (I realise that's a generalization) so they're like "meh, she sucks even more now". Every character in this show has reasons they became how they are, and it's not always their fault.
Don't get me wrong, I do try to sympathize with Octavia. She was one of my favourite characters up until season 3a; I can also relate to her because I struggle with trauma too. I didn't jump on the Octavia-hate bandwagon when she beat up her brother, even though Bellamy was my favourite character. My gripe with her is based off of two reasons:

1) Whereas Bellamy has expressed remorse for his actions and has grown and changed, Octavia hasn't gotten to that point yet. When/if she does, of course I'll be ready to become more sympathetic towards her again.

2) Octavia crossed a line that Bellamy never did. That is, she kills her own people (even though they're out of the bunker and culling is no longer necessary) and she threatened to kill her own brother. At this point, she's in Pike territory and that's much harder to sympathize with. If Bellamy had done the same things she's doing now, I would've disliked him just as much as I dislike Octavia.

Obviously, Octavia has had it much worse than Bellamy in circumstances and I try to take that into consideration when evaluating her character. Maybe I wouldn't be as hard on her character if I didn't keep hearing the words "badass" and "strong woman" ascribed to her character from some fans. Those reactions definitely contribute to my distaste, but I suppose that's not Octavia's fault.

Anyways, sorry for being argumentative guys.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

You're not being argumentative, you're making some good points.

https://bellamyblakepositivity.tumbl...wounds-trailer
Old 05-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, you’re not being argumentative at all. I actually agree with that completely.

Literally after the episode aired, someone who does a recap show was posting things like, “You gotta respect the queen, Bellamy!” and that almost made me sick. I just cannot get into the headspace of anyone who still thinks this is a badass storyline. It’s not. It hasn’t been for a while now.

I’ve always felt that there was a gender double standard with how the fans view these characters, too. That is to say, if Bellamy were doing the same things as Octavia, while he’d still have some hardcore stand defending him to the death simply because he’s Bellamy, nobody would be throwing the word “badass” around with it.

People here on FF are a lot more reasonable with their reactions. Some of us love Octavia, some of us hate her, and some of us (many of us) are floating in between right now, not sure how we’re going to feel about her as the season goes on. We analyze and we dissect her decisions, and we feel strongly about it, but we don’t rake people through the coals for not agreeing with us. And that’s what happens a lot out there on social media, it seems.
ICON
Old 05-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually think that you brought up a lot of valid points, Iris especially this point:

Quote:
2) Octavia crossed a line that Bellamy never did. That is, she kills her own people (even though they're out of the bunker and culling is no longer necessary) and she threatened to kill her own brother. At this point, she's in Pike territory and that's much harder to sympathize with. If Bellamy had done the same things she's doing now, I would've disliked him just as much as I dislike Octavia.
It's sad to see her basically turn into a version of Pike who she hated so much, and I fully expect to see her and Bellamy butt heads on this in the next episode again and it completely breaks my heart.

And you’re not being argumentative ... you’re discussing it respectfully and that’s always encouraged here. It’s definitely more interesting when there’s discussion about a character’s actions instead of everyone being on the exact same page when it comes to that.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 05-30-2018 at 09:30 AM