Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

The news

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
April, why haven't you watched the Canada seasons? They are a lot like the US ones. I think they are better even lol.
Where can I find them? I'd like to watch.

Quote:
I like Josh a lot and find him harmless. People are calling him a bully for singing and banging pots and pans? Come on. Thats ridiculous.
I don't know if it's so harmless anymore. It's a repeated behavior, it's getting up in people's faces with the intention of making them feel uncomfortable or setting them off . . . if I saw this kind of behavior with my students in school, we'd call it bullying. I thought it was harmless at first, but the more I see him doing it, the more I wish he would stop. He's in a position to actually be able to go pretty far in the game, because he's made so many enemies that people will want to take him to the end so they can sit next to him. He doesn't need all these antics. The way he played up how he was going to be the one going home and even started to stand up at the eviction ceremony . . . now I thought that was funny.

I take bigger issue with Paul, though, who is the one telling him to "Turn it up to 30" and is really egging him on. Paul is an idiot if he still wants to target Cody, though. He should target Jessica, who is by far a smarter, savvier player than her boyfriend is.
ICON
Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, so Stiles is working at the FBI? I thought he was interrogated. I haven't watched the show in forever.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He's an intern for the FBI now. It was my favorite part of the episode.
ICON
Old 08-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched Wednesday and Thursdays BB, wow that was amusing I still don't really like anyone in the cast, which is funny. Jessica annoys the crap out of me (she is unbelievably fake IMO), Cody is just..a lost dumb puppy. Josh is unstable and everyone else is boring. I like Paul but it's mind-boggling how everyone does what he says.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah hes an intern. And that whole final scene was epic!

April I will PM you!

Quote:
It's a repeated behavior, it's getting up in people's faces with the intention of making them feel uncomfortable or setting them off . . . if I saw this kind of behavior with my students in school, we'd call it bullying.
But that's the real world and its a completely different situation. There's no reason for students to act that way. With Josh, its a tv show. He's trying to get under their skin and in their heads. The whole point of BB is to be a social experiment. To try to last in that house not being able to go anywhere and deal with people you dont like. There is always smack talk. There is always fights. Now if Josh was physically doing something to them, like throwing water at them (even jessica threw apples at josh) or attacking their appearance or going after their family then yes, that would be bullying in my eyes, but its all harmless. Hes not even going into their faces and banging pans in their faces, theres quite a distance there.

and poor cody and jess getting bullied (not!) when nothing was said or done about people completely bullying Dominique and isolating her. And that was a group of people doing that to a person that literally did nothing rude and kept to herself. Cody and Jess feed on the drama and seek it out. Jess literally pulled Raven in the room to yell at her.

Josh would be annoying but he'd be easy to ignore imo. They let him get under their skin. And they've said horrible things back to him....

I do agree thought that its getting old and he needs to stop listening to what Paul told him. Paul is rallying everyone else to do these things and hides behind them but then cant man up and do things himself. The way he treats everyone and talks to everyone is just gross.

I agree that he should be targeting Jess and not Cody. I think Paul is sexist though. Its easy for him to go after a female but when it comes to the guys he wont. And he considers the guy to be bigger threats even though its obvious that Jessica is the brains behind the duo. Its unfortunate that he underestimates her.

Lisa I find Jessica so incredibly fake too. I cant tolerate her fake lashes, extensions, outfits, snarky comments... and just her overall attitude. I dont get along wth females like that whatsoever. UGH. I can admit shes a good player but man, shes so not stan worthy and definitely not "iconic" like people online try to claim.

I would like Paul if I were ONLY watching the edits because i think they make him look rootable and smarter than everyone else, but on the feeds hes been so obnoxious.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Lisa, don't trust what you're seeing on TV when it comes to Paul. It's an incredibly unreliable and favorable edit that he's getting.

Raven's edit, too . . . and Alex's edit . . .

I don't know, Alexa, I still see that whole Josh situation differently, based on what I've seen on TV and on a bit of the feeds. If there's no reason for students to act that way, then is there any reason for adults to act that way? He's not physically harming anyone, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's harmless. It's hurtful. And everyone in that house says and does hurtful things, I know, but he's been pretty relentless about it.

I'm not one of those people who's saying that the producers should step in and do something about it, though. It is a game, like you said. It's a social experiment. They sign up knowing the rules. And as long as no one is physically harming anyone else, it's pretty much all fair game. But it's just not even pleasant for me to watch anymore, and that's the issue I'm having. Watching these older seasons . . . they have time to show you the quirks and funny aspects of the cast, because there aren't hours worth of fights to cram into a 50-minute episode. I just watched an episode of season 5 where the HOH was like, "It's a game, we're here to play it, but let's not let it get too personal." And that was so refreshing in contrast to this current season!

About Jess . . . I'm rooting for her at this point just because I think she's one of the only people who can (and wants to) take down Paul, but I don't think she's "iconic" if that's what some people are saying. We'll see how far she makes it. If she lasts a while, she could end up being a great player. But I think her days are numbered as long as Cody is there, and if Paul wises up, he'll realize she's a way bigger threat than Cody is.
ICON
Old 08-04-2017, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone on BB is just being idiots this season, no one even seems to have a real strategy.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched 20/20 tonight about that girl who urged her boyfriend to commit suicide via text. That is such a crazy and tragic case.
ICON
Old 08-05-2017, 02:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Blindspot and The 100 is the only shows I can watch. Television in Ireland is not fascinating atall
Old 08-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by santer101 (View Post)
Blindspot and The 100 is the only shows I can watch. Television in Ireland is not fascinating atall
I hear you there.

A lot of shows that I end up watching are via recommendations ... I'm not a fan of a lot of the mainstream shows shown here. But for now, I've somehow started rewatching Dexter (the good seasons).

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm trying to watch more Big Brother 5, but damn, my Internet is awful today. The connection won't last more than a minute, it seems.
ICON
Old 08-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by santer101 (View Post)
Television in Ireland is not fascinating atall
Same here in Germany ... don't know what I would do without Sky (Pay TV) and Amazon Video.

Last year The 100 S3 has startet in german on a main TV Channel in July ... this year I looked out for the start of S4 in german... but nothing was announced ... so I wrote a Email to the TV Channel and asked them when S4 is starting in Germany ... they told me, that the show will start on a minor channel this year ... they can't tell me, when the show is starting ... so I have to wait ... don't know how long
Old 08-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have same problem sonny1.

It unfair as USA and UK get them quick where as other countries have to wait what feels like century
Old 08-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here with public broadcasters (Poland). Only cable TV like FOX and Netflix has new episodes.

Sonny, I think Netflix Germany might have the fourth season. We got the new episodes on Netflix a week after they aired in the US. I have an account that I share with 3 other people, so I only pay about $4 a month.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.